HAPPY MAY DAY!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

HAPPY MAY DAY!

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Remember on International Worker's Day the workers who gave their lives for your eight hour work day.

RIP Marty

kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: HAPPY MAY DAY!

Post by Mikey »

Some memorable dates in early May:

May 1 - May Day, International Workers' Day, Elvis marries Priscilla, Empire State Building dedicated, Calamity Jane's birthday

May 2 - J Edgar Hoover dies, Joseph McCarthy dies, Spiro Agnew disbarred for tax evasion, Loch Ness Monster sighted for the first time

May 3 - Niccolò Machiavelli's birthday, James Brown's birthday

May 4 - Ella Fitzgerald becomes the first black woman to win a Grammy, First Freedom Ride departs from Washington DC, Gene Vincent records "Be-Bop-A-Lula", Four Dead in Ohio, May the Fourth be with you

May 5 - Cy Young pitches the first perfect game in MLB history, Alan Shepard becomes the first American in space, Ben & Jerry's opens its first ice cream shop, biggest day of the year for Coronas and fake Mexican food

May 6 - Willie Mays's birthday (no other milestones matter)

May 7 - Edvard Munch's "The Scream" recovered after theft, Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 debuts, "Satisfaction" comes to Keith Richards in his sleep

May 8 - VE Day celebrated in America and Britain, Betty White becomes the oldest SNL host, Harry Truman's birthday, Catfish Hunter pitches a perfect game, Mikey's birthday
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Mikey wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 2:57 pm Some memorable dates in early May:

May 1 - May Day, International Workers' Day, Elvis marries Priscilla, Empire State Building dedicated, Calamity Jane's birthday

May 2 - J Edgar Hoover dies, Joseph McCarthy dies, Spiro Agnew disbarred for tax evasion, Loch Ness Monster sighted for the first time

May 3 - Niccolò Machiavelli's birthday, James Brown's birthday

May 4 - Ella Fitzgerald becomes the first black woman to win a Grammy, First Freedom Ride departs from Washington DC, Gene Vincent records "Be-Bop-A-Lula", Four Dead in Ohio, May the Fourth be with you

May 5 - Cy Young pitches the first perfect game in MLB history, Alan Shepard becomes the first American in space, Ben & Jerry's opens its first ice cream shop, biggest day of the year for Coronas and fake Mexican food

May 6 - Willie Mays's birthday (no other milestones matter)

May 7 - Edvard Munch's "The Scream" recovered after theft, Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 debuts, "Satisfaction" comes to Keith Richards in his sleep

May 8 - VE Day celebrated in America and Britain, Betty White becomes the oldest SNL host, Harry Truman's birthday, Catfish Hunter pitches a perfect game, Mikey's birthday
I wonder how many of these events Smackie can work into song references this weekend.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

:lol:

I’d say almost all of them. Some are a slam dunk like “Willie, Mickey and the Duke” (or maybe Centerfield), Satisfaction, ELO’s version of Roll Over Beethoven. Others might be a worthy challenge.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Some memorable dates in early May:

May 3 - Niccolò Machiavelli's birthday, James Brown's birthday, Buster Cornelius Day!
"I see everything twice!"
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Anything by Catching Flies

Catching Flies (born 1991) is an English musician, DJ and record producer from London, England. His sound has been described as sitting on the "smooth, ...

For honor of May 6.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Roach wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:25 pm Anything by Catching Flies

Catching Flies (born 1991) is an English musician, DJ and record producer from London, England. His sound has been described as sitting on the "smooth, ...

For honor of May 6.
For some reason this reminded me my seventh grade Spanish teacher and a proverb that she taught us.

En boca cerrada, no entran moscas.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

May 6 is my noteable birthday. I'll be 85.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Wolfman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 pm May 6 is my noteable birthday. I'll be 85.
Happy early birthday, Wolftard.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:36 pm May 6 is my noteable birthday. I'll be 85.
You’re lucky you share a birthday with Willie Mays. He’ll be 93.

My notable birthday on May 8 will be 69. For some reason I’m feeling a little younger right now.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Happy early birthday, Wolfie. 85…very impressive!

Happy b’day to Mikey as well.

How the fuck did this board become The Villages?!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:23 pm Happy early birthday, Wolfie. 85…very impressive!

Happy b’day to Mikey as well.

How the fuck did this board become The Villages?!
:lol:
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

A thread about May Day and no Airplane reset???? What is with this place????

Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times