It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 3-9-24

Post by kcdave »

Another track dropped yesterday from the upcoming
Priest album. I guess Redivider never found his way back
to T1B. I would have liked to have gotten his take on this.
I dig it, but need to listen to it a few more times to see if
it will become something that sticks with me.

Thank you to the powers that be for adding youtube3

Typical early March weather here in FOC for a change. Cooler,
and more like it should be. Tree buds are full- 3-4 weeks ahead
of normal, spring flowers are starting to bloom, blah blah blah.
Vaghub and I are headed off to get new rx's for our aging peepers.
This is damn near a yearly occurrence now. Getting old sucks.

Got some grill biz afterwards in a sketchy part of town with
some beaner. One of these days, my luck is going to run out
dealing with some of societies lessor folks. If I fail to post a
WRC next week, check the obits.

If you missed it earlier this week, and I hope you did ...
some of our memely challenged members made a horrible
thread that has quickly sank down the page. Strawman, Mikey,
and Meat Head ..... leave the memes to the pro!

M.o.W.

Bonus meme for my fav dancing puppet -

I have come to the conclusion that this is likely my most hated weekend
of the year with DLST. Losing a much needed hour is bad enough, but then
combine that with earlier than already miserable fucking wakeup time, makes
it a complete train wreck. I really believe I hate this weekend more now
than easter. FUCK DLST!

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 3-9-24

Post by Wolfman »

IN. Feel sorry if you can't tolerate an hour of jet lag for a couple days. Golfers and softball players are down with it.
Tunes tonight might deal with "time" ???
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Last weekend before the legislative Session starts on Monday. My life is about to get really busy once again. But honestly I love Session, it is fun to me. I have enough years in to retire now, but as long as I enjoy like I do, I'll keep at it.

Got the electrical done for the hot tub. Of course my wife said 'as long as the electrician is here, I'd like him to do some other things as well.' So now we've got yard lights for the trees and some other stuff. Happy wife, happy life. I'm more interested in the hot tub, here it is in the store:

I think it will look better at our house. Arrives on the 18th.

LSU baseball still looking good, but we're not yet to the meat grinder SEC part of the schedule. Hopefully I'll get to a game this weekend. Y'all have a good one.
Roach
The Space Man

Post by Roach »

Happy DST eve.... (Bah humbug)

Over the past year we have been invaded by tree rats. The heater thinks they are cute so leaves peanuts out, else wise I would have a string of bushy tails hanging on the barn. So far no damage thankfully.

I love spring! :drink:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

We have ground squirrels. Nothing at all cute about those fuckers. They tear up the yard worse than gophers. We started letting the cat patrol our yard a few years ago and they haven’t been quite as bad since.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Typical early March weather here in FOC for a change. Cooler,
and more like it should be. Tree buds are full- 3-4 weeks ahead
of normal, spring flowers are starting to bloom, blah blah blah.
I won't see a tree bud for another six weeks, you dick.
Vaghub and I are headed off to get new rx's for our aging peepers.
This is damn near a yearly occurrence now. Getting old sucks.
Have you checked into red light therapy? My eyesight has improved since I started using it. My prescription is 4 years old and hasn't changed. I can still read small print 12" from my face as long as the lighting is good. It helps a lot with joint inflammation as well.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Our church secretary sends out a weekly announcement email. She pulled a full blown Zack when she was talking about DST. She said in the email "set your clocks up an hour earlier on Saturday night." After some time, she sent out another email clarifying what we do with the clocks and how we would be late to church if we forgot!

But our phones, computers, and those with atomic clocks already do this for us overnight.

I think winter is officially over in my part of FOC. All we got was an inch in January with that deep freeze, a short-lived ice storm in February and the grand finale was a 4 inch blast in a matter of a few hours on president's day.

Cannot say that where I used to live! They're getting many more inches today and coming up on 3 years since the last big blizzard which was 30 inches in much of Denver Metro.

As Dave said, leaves are already growing on trees, the flowering trees are already blooming, lawns are greening up. I may be breaking out the riding mower in the upcoming weeks. This is the earliest we have ever seen Spring.

Sounds like that groundhog was right this year! Well, for us anyway.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:44 pm Our church
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course. Both racist and God and G0d fearing!
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Totally relaxing day today. Complete crap weather here in the 'burgh today so I sat on my ass. Did NOTHING other than aim a bb-gun at a few dogs being walked. Also, wasted 3 hrs watching the Pens suck out loud, again. We'll see if Pitt BBall can pull off a win vs. NC State in a bit but will likely rather watch a movie on the laptop with my feet up. Downloaded Moneyball this afternoon, a movie I've never seen, but frequently hear referenced. Has got me curious.

Ramping back up for a bit of biz travel in the next few weeks- Niagara peninsula middle of this coming week then back to Monterey, CA for a week. Eastern PA and parts of VA after that. Not looking forward to much of it other than being in Monterey again.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Drove down to visit with my wife’s mom in an assisted living facility where she is zombied out on anti-depression drugs. I walked into a room where the temp was at least 85 and the odor was pure shit. Luckily I was able to escape and enjoy dinner with a wonderful 21 year old girl, the daughter of a good friend who succumbed to cancer 5 years ago. She’s a bright, fun-loving yet mature college student who is always great to visit. A couple hours with her salvaged a rough day.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:42 am Drove down to visit with my wife’s mom in an assisted living facility where she is zombied out on anti-depression drugs. I walked into a room where the temp was at least 85 and the odor was pure shit. Luckily I was able to escape and enjoy dinner with a wonderful 21 year old girl, the daughter of a good friend who succumbed to cancer 5 years ago. She’s a bright, fun-loving yet mature college student who is always great to visit. A couple hours with her salvaged a rough day.
Her: "Dad, you owe me for the last two hours with that lecherous old friend of yours."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:44 am
Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:42 am Drove down to visit with my wife’s mom in an assisted living facility where she is zombied out on anti-depression drugs. I walked into a room where the temp was at least 85 and the odor was pure shit. Luckily I was able to escape and enjoy dinner with a wonderful 21 year old girl, the daughter of a good friend who succumbed to cancer 5 years ago. She’s a bright, fun-loving yet mature college student who is always great to visit. A couple hours with her salvaged a rough day.
Her: "Dad, you owe me for the last two hours with that lecherous old friend of yours."
Dad:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Ken wrote:Did NOTHING other than aim a bb-gun at a few dogs being walked.
O_o
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:28 pm red light therapy?
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:28 pm Have you checked into red light therapy?
Interesting. What device do you use for this?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Ken wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pm Did NOTHING other than aim a bb-gun at a few dogs being walked.
Dude...
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:44 am
😀
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

kcdave wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:26 am
HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:28 pm Have you checked into red light therapy?
https://www.blockbluelight.com/products ... rpanel-pro
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Never heard of that. What do you do, just turn on in a darkened room?
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

An incredible variation on Eggs Benedict for brunch. Poached eggs on artichoke hearts on a bed of creamed spinach topped with fried oysters, caviar, and Hollandaise sauce. Wish I could say that I made it, but this is from a restaurant.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Roux wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:14 pm Image

An incredible variation on Eggs Benedict for brunch. Poached eggs on artichoke hearts on a bed of creamed spinach topped with fried oysters, caviar, and Hollandaise sauce. Wish I could say that I made it, but this is from a restaurant.
While that looks good, I'm a purist when it comes to eggs benedict. Give me the traditional, nothing more. Eggs benedict is quite possibly my favorite meal (breakfast, brunch, or dinner) and likely my favorite to make at home. The ONLY thing I stray on when making it, is adding a dash or two of Cayenne pepper to the hollandaise.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:16 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pm Did NOTHING other than aim a bb-gun at a few dogs being walked.
Dude...
You actually thought I was serious? Holy fuck. Yes, I can't stand dogs but certainly wouldn't stoop to the level of voluntarily injuring them.
Thanks for nipping at the bait though.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Dr_Phibes wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:00 pm
HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:01 pm

Never heard of that. What do you do, just turn on in a darkened room?
You need to be fairly close to it. 6" to 20" is a good distance. It's not big enough to do my whole body at once so I do six sections for 5 minutes each. 3 sections on my front, 3 on my back. When I'm doing my top front, I keep my eyes open and stare into the emitters. Doesn't really matter if your eyes are closed but I like looking at the lights and exercising my irises. It hangs from my bathroom door so I can adjust the height for each section. You need to be naked so I use it after a shower and it helps dry my skin. If you're a high roller, you can get full sized beds like a tanning bed and do your whole body at one time. They'll only set you back $125,000. kcdave probably has that kind of money laying around from his epic gambling skills.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Nice one! 8)

Again, never heard of it, but just did a bit of reading on the subject and it seems there's quite a bit to it - though in early stages? It is interesting.

I'd encourage kcdave to investigate. I've discovered that it is not an e-meter from L. Ron Hubbard and you can overdo it - a wise man once said 'the cure is worse than the disease'. I think that was Macho Man Randy Savage.