Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Racism & election interference

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:08 am
Mikey wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:42 am
The Seer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:36 am Waaahhhh! 😢
Nice work articulating a response to the point made by 88...though I do understand the challenge.....Just in case you Biden'd the question:

If the government issued a free ID card to every citizen and then required it to be presented in order to vote, would that be racist?
I generally don’t respond to stupid questions. What’s your excuse? I notice that your only response was “and Mikey too.” :meds:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88 wrote:Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices." Thus, someone from the U.S. government potentially comes to every address in the United States almost daily. Letter carriers also carry scanners as part of their job. Seems like it would be fairly straightforward for the letter carriers to collect the required information from home bound residents, and then deliver the free ID card to them once their information has been verified. If that was part of the free ID card program, would you endorse it or call it racist?
You are suggesting having a governmental database of every person in the United States, which would contain continually updated identifying information.
Good luck with that.
Errors would be rampant.
Such an ID would soon end up being linked to employment, mortgage brokers, credit agencies, and on and on, because the use of the ID would no doubt extend to purposes other than what it was originally said to be needed for.
Surveillance state.

Not IN.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm
88 wrote:Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices." Thus, someone from the U.S. government potentially comes to every address in the United States almost daily. Letter carriers also carry scanners as part of their job. Seems like it would be fairly straightforward for the letter carriers to collect the required information from home bound residents, and then deliver the free ID card to them once their information has been verified. If that was part of the free ID card program, would you endorse it or call it racist?
You are suggesting having a governmental database of every person in the United States, which would contain continually updated identifying information.
Good luck with that.
Errors would be rampant.
Such an ID would soon end up being linked to employment, mortgage brokers, credit agencies, and on and on, because the use of the ID would no doubt extend to purposes other than what it was originally said to be needed for.
Surveillance state.

Not IN.
^^^
This.

And on top of that, you can be sure that anytime a Republican loses an election, they would jump to blame it on the corrupt voter ID system. Anything to avoid acknowledging that you might really have lost.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:17 pm It is impossible to come up with a legitimate reason to NOT have to provide ID to vote.
No it's not.

Requiring citizens to obtain documents that cost money in order to vote is in effect, a poll tax. Poll taxes are unconstitutional.

Glad I could help you out.
Wrong.

Bills have been proposed that cover the cost for these fictional characters who don’t possess suitable ID already.

But you fukkers have your business model. Mass mail in voting which has absolutely no way of validating and pretty near no way of catching fraud.

A simple look at the results last time around have one viable explanation.

Mass vote harvesting.

It’s the only sane explanation for sleepy joe getting higher turnout than Obama is melanin rich districts.

Rack you fukkers for gaming the system.

The trouble is this laughing g stock of an electoral system will eventually end in no electoral system.

This should worry you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote:It’s the only sane explanation for sleepy joe getting higher turnout than Obama is melanin rich districts.
False.

The explanation is that people witnessed 4 years of a sociopath in the oval office.
Then they saw the child's completely unhinged act in the first presidential debate, and they voted in large numbers to make sure such a nightmare would be put to bed.

Dump lost.

The end.

#tears
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:17 pm It is impossible to come up with a legitimate reason to NOT have to provide ID to vote.
No it's not.

Requiring citizens to obtain documents that cost money in order to vote is in effect, a poll tax. Poll taxes are unconstitutional.

Glad I could help you out.
Wrong.

Bills have been proposed that cover the cost for these fictional characters who don’t possess suitable ID already.

But you fukkers have your business model. Mass mail in voting which has absolutely no way of validating and pretty near no way of catching fraud.

A simple look at the results last time around have one viable explanation.

Mass vote harvesting.

It’s the only sane explanation for sleepy joe getting higher turnout than Obama is melanin rich districts.

Rack you fukkers for gaming the system.

The trouble is this laughing g stock of an electoral system will eventually end in no electoral system.

This should worry you.

Your fever dreams are getting worse and worse. Please seek medical help.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How come Dump isn't crowing about VOTER FRAUD from Super Tuesday? I wonder why?

Fuck every single one of you piles of human waste that vote for a fellow pile of human excrement.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:12 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:03 am
88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:17 am If the government issued a free ID card to every citizen and then required it to be presented in order to vote, would that be racist?
Depends on whether the place to obtain said free ID card is w/in a reasonable distance for those w/o their own vehicle or DL. If it's an all-day trip on multiple buses to get that card it's probably going to be viewed as racist if those areas w/o a nearby DMV that are populated mostly by minorities. Although you probably never referred to it in your legal career you might want to re-familiarize yourself with the 14th Amendment. And that goes double for you morons arguing whether voting is a right or not.
Article I, Section 8, Clause 7 of the United States Constitution, empowers Congress "To establish Post Offices." Thus, someone from the U.S. government potentially comes to every address in the United States almost daily. Letter carriers also carry scanners as part of their job. Seems like it would be fairly straightforward for the letter carriers to collect the required information from home bound residents, and then deliver the free ID card to them once their information has been verified. If that was part of the free ID card program, would you endorse it or call it racist?
1) ID's have pictures of the person being ID'ed. How does that happen w/o going into the DMV office?

2) So you're against voting by mail, but you're for government identification cards by mail? Image
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Softball Bat wrote:
smackaholic wrote:It’s the only sane explanation for sleepy joe getting higher turnout than Obama is melanin rich districts.
False.

The explanation is that people witnessed 4 years of a sociopath in the oval office.
Then they saw the child's completely unhinged act in the first presidential debate, and they voted in large numbers to make sure such a nightmare would be put to bed.

Dump lost.

The end.

#tears
I honestly don’t know who REALLY won.

Nor does anyone else.

There were many millions of mailed ballots with no reliable method to confirm who actually cast the votes.

That should bother people.

They all point to how horrible Jan 6 was, but aren’t willing to address the problem.

We should have confidence in elections.

Right now, there is none.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Pop, do you think mass mail voting is a good idea?

Put aside your insane hatred for TBOM for a moment and think about it.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:20 pm Pop, do you think mass mail voting is a good idea?
Can you provide any proven incidents of voter fraud via mail ballots?
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:20 pm Pop, do you think mass mail voting is a good idea?

Put aside your insane hatred for TBOM for a moment and think about it.

Why isn't Dump crowing about Super Tuesday ballot security? Lemme guess...
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Softball Bat wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm
Good luck with that.
Errors would be rampant.
Surveillance state.

Not IN.

You mean like state driver's licenses and all the mayhem they're creating? Of course now that the Marxists want non citizens to vote they've been issuing driver's licenses to those same people.

As for surveillance state, I don't find that worse than one party corrupting elections in their aim for one party rule...and which party do you think would do most surveilling....the party of less Govt or the party of chaos?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

So conservatives want databases for voting (not dangerous) and driving (potentially dangerous), but the don't want databases for deadly weapons. :meds:
9/27/22
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:55 pm voting (not dangerous)
Not dangerous?! :shock:

Are you aware of the likely nominees of our two major parties?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:
No, I can’t. And that’s part of the problem. It is a system which is very easy to cheat and hard to get caught.

Can you explain to me how exactly you can validate a mailed in ballot?

You can’t.

I’m not saying that in person voting can’t be cheated. Just that it’s much tougher and impossible to do on a large scale.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:So conservatives want databases for voting (not dangerous) and driving (potentially dangerous), but the don't want databases for deadly weapons. :meds:
An election system that can’t be trusted is extremely dangerous.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:51 pm
Diego in Seattle wrote:
No, I can’t. And that’s part of the problem. It is a system which is very easy to cheat and hard to get caught.

Can you explain to me how exactly you can validate a mailed in ballot?

You can’t.
And how will ID's be validated?

9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:20 pmPop, do you think mass mail voting is a good idea?
No, I don't think it is great.
2020 was obviously a highly unusual election year.
Something none of us have seen before.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

The Seer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:00 pm
poptart wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:28 pm
Good luck with that.
Errors would be rampant.
Surveillance state.

Not IN.

You mean like state driver's licenses and all the mayhem they're creating? Of course now that the Marxists want non citizens to vote they've been issuing driver's licenses to those same people.

As for surveillance state, I don't find that worse than one party corrupting elections in their aim for one party rule...and which party do you think would do most surveilling....the party of less Govt or the party of chaos?
Pursuing a driver's license is a voluntary endeavor.
A national ID would be a dystopian nightmare.

I don't know which party is the party of less government.

Seems to be that both parties are parties of more government.
They just want the "more government" to work toward things that they find appealing.

The people are pretty well skrewed either way, in case you haven't noticed what's gone on the last 50 years.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Just to summarize the responses:

1. There is no election fraud and thus there is no reason to attempt to improve election integrity.

2. We cannot trust the government to issue identification cards that validate each voter's right to vote in an election conducted by the government that cannot be trusted to determine who will run the government that cannot be trusted.

3. People would obtain voter ID's fraudulently, but would never cast fraudulent votes by mail.

Did I miss anything?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

1. There is no doubt there was election fraud in 2020. There is a degree of election fraud in all presidential elections. 2020 was a highly unusual election, so perhaps the fraud level was higher than in past elections.

2. It is humorous to me to see "conservatives" pushing for a national ID. The fed should be involved as little as possible, imo.

3. The issue with a national ID isn't that people will use it to commit voter fraud, but that errors in such a national database would be rampant. And keeping such a database updated would be next to impossible.
And as I mentioned, if you went down the slippery slope of IDing folks nationwide, such an ID would no doubt end up being used for many purposes other than what it was initially said to be used for. That really would not be kool.

I don't think you, 88, would be happy to part of a national ID program.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, but we already have a lot of national ID's, Vlad. The primary national ID is issued by the Social Security Administration, but is used by the Internal Revenue Service and other agencies. If you choose to travel to another country, you need a passport, which is another form of national ID. I'd like to understand what additional data you think the government would collect from a voter that it does not already have, and why collecting that information would put any individual at more risk than the individual faces right now.

:popcorn:
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote:I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, but we already have a lot of national ID's, Vlad. The primary national ID is issued by the Social Security Administration, but is used by the Internal Revenue Service and other agencies. If you choose to travel to another country, you need a passport, which is another form of national ID. I'd like to understand what additional data you think the government would collect from a voter that it does not already have, and why collecting that information would put any individual at more risk than the individual faces right now.

It’s pretty simple

TBOM needed to be stopped by any means necessary, so Pop was willing to look the other way during that “unusual” election.

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:57 pm I hate to be the one who breaks the news to you, but we already have a lot of national ID's, Vlad. The primary national ID is issued by the Social Security Administration, but is used by the Internal Revenue Service and other agencies. If you choose to travel to another country, you need a passport, which is another form of national ID. I'd like to understand what additional data you think the government would collect from a voter that it does not already have, and why collecting that information would put any individual at more risk than the individual faces right now.

Getting a passport is an entirely voluntary endeavor.

SSA says right on its website that your SS card is not an identification document.

https://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber/assets/EN-05-10553.pdf

Your SS# is not a national ID, and also, a person is not required to get a SS#.
However, as you said, your SS# is a personal identifying number that is widely used, and almost everyone needs to have one.

The social security number was originally intended only for use by the social security administration, so that SSA could track how much you paid, what your benefits are, etc.

The fact that the use of the SS# has expanded to the extent it has shows you just what would happen if everyone was required to have a national ID for the purpose of voting.

88 wrote:I'd like to understand what additional data you think the government would collect from a voter that it does not already have, and why collecting that information would put any individual at more risk than the individual faces right now.
A national ID, with number and photo, is anti-Liberty.

"Your papers, please!"

"This ID expired three weeks ago. You are UNDER ARREST!"
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

smackaholic wrote:TBOM needed to be stopped by any means necessary, so Pop was willing to look the other way during that “unusual” election.
Donald filed 62 lawsuits in 9 states, and he did not come remotely close to proving there was a meaningful level of fraud that could have changed the outcome of the result in any of the states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-elec ... l_election

So, I am not "looking the other way," but am instead, grounded in reality.

Of course there was fraud in 2020.
There has always been fraud.

But fraud did not change the outcome of that election.
Not remotely close.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

I always like how conservatives say that there was fraud in the 2020 election but are perfectly willing to accept that Moscow Mitch was reelected to the Senate with a 32% approval rating.
9/27/22
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Softball Bat wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:21 pm.

"Your papers, please!"

"This ID expired three weeks ago. You are UNDER ARREST!"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote:I always like how conservatives say that there was fraud in the 2020 election but are perfectly willing to accept that Moscow Mitch was reelected to the Senate with a 32% approval rating.
Did I say that the fraud was limited to 2020?

As to all of your claims that there isn’t proof, how many fukking times do I need to say that with mass mail in shitshow as we had, there is no way to prove one way or the other.

I can’t “prove” the votes are fraudulent and you can’t prove they are.

That is a shitty situation which undermines trust and leads to shitshow like the Jan 6 “insurrection”.

But if we look at the results, namely the unusually high turnouts in urban areas, we can make a pretty fukki g good educated guess as to what happened.

And it wasn’t a bunch of angry kneegrows voting against Trump. It was a massive vote harvesting operation.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:50 pm That is a shitty situation which undermines trust and leads to shitshow like the Jan 6 “insurrection”.
That's fucking nonsense. What undermines trust and leads to the show like the Jan 6 insurrection (don't kid yourself, it was a violent assault on the seat of our government) is when the president sews doubts in the legitimacy of our election system to maintain power, encourages an angry mob to congregate on the Mall and foists this mob on lawmakers. You and your orange hero remain disgusting, vile and traitorous piles of human excrement. You can never go fuck yourself enough.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:49 pm
smackaholic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:50 pm That is a shitty situation which undermines trust and leads to shitshow like the Jan 6 “insurrection”.
That's fucking nonsense. What undermines trust and leads to the show like the Jan 6 insurrection (don't kid yourself, it was a violent assault on the seat of our government) is when the president sews doubts in the legitimacy of our election system to maintain power, encourages an angry mob to congregate on the Mall and foists this mob on lawmakers. You and your orange hero remain disgusting, vile and traitorous piles of human excrement. You can never go fuck yourself enough.
He doesn't have evidence of voter fraud, but his solution to this imaginary problem is to disenfranchise minorities, elderly and those with medical issues.
9/27/22
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:49 pm What undermines trust and leads to the show like the Jan 6 insurrection (don't kid yourself, it was a violent assault on the seat of our government) is when the president sews doubts in the legitimacy of our election system to maintain power, encourages an angry mob to congregate on the Mall and foists this mob on lawmakers.
For your statement to be true, a president is not permitted to question the legitimacy of our election system.

For your statement to be true, a president is not permitted to encourage people to assemble and attempt to petition the Government to redress their grievances.

Hate the Constitution much?

As far as violence is concerned, I agree that it is abhorrent. But almost nothing violent happened until the mall cops started shooting rubber bullets at and gassing protestors. The videos from that day have been released. I encourage you would watch them. Yes, I'm talking about the videos that the January 6 Committee refused to let the public see.

And remember that January 6 occurred after a summer and fall of violence preceding the election. I guess its OK for lawmakers to encourage angry mobs to congregate in communities and the foist those mobs on unarmed small businesses and individuals. But I guess it is not OK for the same lawmakers to get a taste of their own medicine.

If January 6 was a planned insurrection, it was the dumbest one ever conceived. Where were the weapons? The only people who died were unarmed protestors. So much of January 6 has been hyperbolized and lied about. The cop that shot Ashli Babbit lied under oath. So did other members of the police who tried to defend his actions. Does that sew doubts in the legitimacy of our systems?

Why are you not up in arms about the three-year Russia collusion hoax? Was that interference with the peaceful transfer of power?

You are a one tune fraud. Felch on.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:43 pm For your statement to be true, a president is not permitted to question the legitimacy of our election system.

For your statement to be true, a president is not permitted to encourage people to assemble and attempt to petition the Government to redress their grievances.

Hate the Constitution much?

As far as violence is concerned, I agree that it is abhorrent. But almost nothing violent happened until the mall cops started shooting rubber bullets at and gassing protestors. The videos from that day have been released. I encourage you would watch them. Yes, I'm talking about the videos that the January 6 Committee refused to let the public see.

And remember that January 6 occurred after a summer and fall of violence preceding the election. I guess its OK for lawmakers to encourage angry mobs to congregate in communities and the foist those mobs on unarmed small businesses and individuals. But I guess it is not OK for the same lawmakers to get a taste of their own medicine.

If January 6 was a planned insurrection, it was the dumbest one ever conceived. Where were the weapons? The only people who died were unarmed protestors. So much of January 6 has been hyperbolized and lied about. The cop that shot Ashli Babbit lied under oath. So did other members of the police who tried to defend his actions. Does that sew doubts in the legitimacy of our systems?

Why are you not up in arms about the three-year Russia collusion hoax? Was that interference with the peaceful transfer of power?

You are a one tune fraud. Felch on.
Another traitor checks in. You would love Russia. Even in the winter. Your type of place!
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Prior to the China virus elections were primarily done via paper ballot, same day voting. It worked. Results available that evening. Everything was great until the Dems decided to fist-fuck cultural norms, make a mockery of science, and their desire to "transform" this country into something unrecognizable that would compromise quality of life for the sane people that kind of liked the place...

The dems eventually discovered that despite their control over institutions such as education, media, big tech, et.al. many voters decided they didn't want chaos replacing what they have and said dems needed to resort to malfeasance under the umbrella of Covid panic. Props to them for deceiving much of the populace but there's a reasonable chance their mantra of corruption will continue to be exposed and it all comes crashing down and the US is saved.

Build a wall, illegal immigration FIXED.
Return to paper ballots & in person voting, election integrity restored.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:49 pm …when the president sews doubts…
88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:43 pm Does that sew doubts…
Forgive me, but y’all are driving me nuts!

It’s ‘SOW’ !!!

Sorry to be anal about it. I make plenty of mistakes, too.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Rack Sam. Damn.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:10 pm Another traitor checks in. You would love Russia. Even in the winter. Your type of place!
Incredible rebuttal. Point by point, spot on.

This is why guys like you, with chins glistening with your master’s essence, are so well regarded.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:10 pm Another traitor checks in. You would love Russia. Even in the winter. Your type of place!
Incredible rebuttal. Point by point, spot on.

This is why guys like you, with chins glistening with your master’s essence, are so well regarded.
All right, I have to fact check this one.

Everyone knows laundry challenged, hair bun wearing Nancy boys from The District don’t have chins.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:49 am Incredible rebuttal. Point by point, spot on.

I put more effort into my dumps than explaining myself to fascists like yourself.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:20 pm Prior to the China virus elections were primarily done via paper ballot, same day voting.
False. Try again. Or maybe just STFU on things that you’re clueless about.

We’ve been voting mail-in or early drop off for 20 years.