How's that GQP boycott of the NFL coming?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

How's that GQP boycott of the NFL coming?

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Paging dtowndouche...

Another massive public rebuke of Dump-fueled GQP politics. Super Bowl ratings break records. And the psy op to have Taylor Swift turn Swifties into Biden voters is going according to plan.

Suck on that, fuckos.

https://www.wsj.com/business/media/supe ... p-40f5d6dd
Super Bowl Draws 123.4 Million Viewers, Setting TV Ratings Record

Some 123.4 million viewers watched the Kansas City Chiefs beat the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII, according to preliminary data from Nielsen and Adobe analytics, which made it the U.S.’s most-watched television program of all time.

The game benefited from a confluence of factors: an attractive matchup, an overtime comeback victory and increased fan interest surrounding the relationship between singer Taylor Swift and Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce.

The previous record had been set just a year ago, when 115.1 million viewers watched the Chiefs beat the Philadelphia Eagles.

The traditionally huge audience for the Super Bowl, where commercials were costing roughly $7 million for 30 seconds this year, is evidence of the value of live sports when television viewership has fragmented. A broadcast show getting north of 10 million viewers is considered a success given all the alternatives consumers have with streaming platforms.

The game had both a thrilling ending—it was the second Super Bowl ever to go to overtime—and star appeal, with frequent shots of Swift cheering on her beau from a luxury box. Swift was also accompanied by her posse of famous friends, including singer Ice Spice and actress Blake Lively.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: How's that GQP boycott of the NFL coming?

Post by Sudden Sam »

Biden won’t be the Dem nominee.

Why does anyone GARA about celebs at the game? Why fuck up a great game with all the BS? The Super Bowl is tough to watch because of all the garbage. I showered at halftime and sat back down as the second half started.
Last edited by Sudden Sam on Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:03 pm Biden won’t be the Dem nominee.
Who will it be, RFK Jr? :lol:

Dems did fuck up by not having a competitive primary for 2024. Will probably bite them in the ass like it did in 2016.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I don’t know who it will be, but it won’t be Biden.

Newsome probably.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

RFK won't be the dem nominee, but the dems will regret their shoddy treatment of him when he skims a fair number of their voters away from the dems in the general election.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 pm RFK won't be the dem nominee, but the dems will regret their shoddy treatment of him when he skims a fair number of their voters away from the dems in the general election.
Doubt it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:09 pm RFK won't be the dem nominee, but the dems will regret their shoddy treatment of him when he skims a fair number of their voters away from the dems in the general election.
The money behind RFK Jr. is from conservative people. What makes you think he's going to be skimming Biden's votes instead of Trump's?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:05 pm
Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:03 pm Biden won’t be the Dem nominee.
Who will it be, RFK Jr? :lol:

Dems did fuck up by not having a competitive primary for 2024. Will probably bite them in the ass like it did in 2016.
I agree. 2016 was a mistake and the DNC has learned nothing from it.

A majority of life long democrats I talk to in person are still pissed at how Bernie Sanders was treated in the primary. They feel distanced from the party and feel like the DNC takes them for granted. They'll still pull the lever for whomever has the (D) next to their name and the DNC knows it, which is why the DNC takes them for granted: because they can.

Until rank & file Democrats see through the façade of Orange Man Bad and push back against the machine, the DNC will continue its candidate selection (not election) processes.

Who will be the candidate this time around: Not Joe Biden. Probably Kamala Harris and they'll keep her in the basement just like they did with potato head, and run the campaign via people speaking on her behalf. And it'll probably work because our elections are super fortified by untraceable ballots and stuff.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:23 pm
The money behind RFK Jr. is from conservative people. What makes you think he's going to be skimming Biden's votes instead of Trump's?
Because his name is Kennedy. Also, he really is a lot closer to being a traditional democrat than Sleepy Joe is. Not that SJ knows what the fukk he is anymore.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

smackaholic wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:08 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:23 pm
Because his name is Kennedy.
Every other child & grandchild has loudly criticized Jr,, saying that his views don't reflect those of the rest of the family.

No, he won't be getting Dem votes simply because he has the last name of Kennedy.
9/27/22
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

No, he won't be getting Dem votes simply because he has the last name of Kennedy.
I think you have seriously underestimated the idiocy of the world we live in.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

"Hey! Let's watch Taylor's new boyfriend play football at the Usher concert!"

ScrewedintheAss is counting on the above demographic to push the decrepit, leering Pedo Joetato over the finish line.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

mvscal wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:50 am "Hey! Let's watch Taylor's new boyfriend play football at the Usher concert!"

ScrewedintheAss is counting on the above demographic to push the decrepit, leering Pedo Joetato over the finish line.

Yup. Rack it.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:50 am "Hey! Let's watch Taylor's new boyfriend play football at the Usher concert!"

Translation:
"A liberal singer is getting too many young people to register to vote...wah!

And it's a woman who has her own views....waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!"
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:33 am Translation:
"A liberal singer is getting too many young people to register to vote...wah!

And it's a woman who has her own views....waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!"
Women don't want to risk death when their pregnancies go south because of ignorant evangelical and Dumpster white men....waaaaah!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

9/27/22
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Good for the NFL. They did exactly what they were supposed to do. They rode a current trend to an increase in ratings. I hope the marketing team gets a bonus. They absolutely earned it.

The question now becomes, can the NFL sustain that viewership? Can they turn viewers into fans? Or more broadly the question is, does the NFL even want to? It seems fairly obvious the League is more interested in drawing viewers than fans. If they can attach the sport to a Current Thing and ride a wave of popularity, that's much easier than putting a quality product on the field. Seems like a short term strategy to me but they're pulling it off so don't expect a change.

Full disclosure: I have not watched the NFL in a decade but I pay attention to business trends and forecasts.