CFP Predictions

Post by Sudden Sam »

Alabama-31, Michigan-17

Texas-34, Washington-31
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: CFP Predictions

Post by Carson »

bammer didn't even score that much against a shitty Auburn team.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Bama 23
scUM 6

Washington 35
Texas 26
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I’ve been working out (sissy pushups that I do a couple hundred of every day and stretch tubing) all afternoon. I am buff, ripped, swole and ready to kick some Wolverine ass!

ROLL FUCKIN’ TIDE !!!

:bananaS:

Carson wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:44 pm bammer didn't even score that much against a shitty Auburn team.
Got 27 against Georgia and their D is better than Michigan’s. Look who UM built those gaudy defensive stats against.

If Michigan wins this game, my hat is off to them. It’ll take one helluva performance to do it. If Milroe stays healthy, I see no way the cheaters can beat the Tide.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Bama hasn’t played worth a shit…yet we’re up.

I’ll take it.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:46 am Bama hasn’t played worth a shit…yet we’re up.

I’ll take it.
Sam,

I have to confess. I bet on Bama to win. But as the game wound down, I was rooting for The Cheaters Up North even though it would take $512.50 out of my pocket. Nothing personal, but it appears I just hate the SEC more than TCUN and $512.50. Didn’t know that until tonight.

Hope you have a great 2024 notwithstanding.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

My brilliant prognosticating continues.

Congrats to Michigan.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Too many pushups maybe?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:07 am
Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:46 am Bama hasn’t played worth a shit…yet we’re up.

I’ll take it.
Sam,

I have to confess. I bet on Bama to win. But as the game wound down, I was rooting for The Cheaters Up North even though it would take $512.50 out of my pocket. Nothing personal, but it appears I just hate the SEC more than TCUN and $512.50. Didn’t know that until tonight.

Hope you have a great 2024 notwithstanding.
I understand. That’s what makes CFB a blast.

Hope it’s a good year for you, too, 88.
Mikey wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:10 am Too many pushups maybe?
Apparently.
😫

My picks tell you why I don’t bet.
😀
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Been over the Rose Bowl loss since Milroe got stuffed. Pain of losses doesn’t linger like when I was young.

I can enjoy the title game without having a heart attack!

Found some good reading just now…

SEC record against B1G in ‘23 bowls: 5-2

All-time: 68-37
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Unexpectedly competitive and entertaining games yesterday. I only caught the second half of the Rose Bowl but saw the entire UW/UT game. I was pulling for Washington the whole way but, at the end, I honestly was sort of hoping that Texas would pull out a miracle win.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:36 pm Unexpectedly competitive and entertaining games yesterday. I only caught the second half of the Rose Bowl but saw the entire UW/UT game. I was pulling for Washington the whole way but, at the end, I honestly was sort of hoping that Texas would pull out a miracle win.
The first half of the Rose Bowl, Alabama played like they’d never seen a football. Adjustments were made and until the very end of the 4th quarter and OT, you saw them shut Michigan down.

I hadn’t seen the final play again until today. Michigan completely blew up the play all along the line. Milroe tripped over his right tackle’s leg and was going down as he got to the line of scrimmage.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:28 pm
Mikey wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:36 pm Unexpectedly competitive and entertaining games yesterday. I only caught the second half of the Rose Bowl but saw the entire UW/UT game. I was pulling for Washington the whole way but, at the end, I honestly was sort of hoping that Texas would pull out a miracle win.
The first half of the Rose Bowl, Alabama played like they’d never seen a football. Adjustments were made and until the very end of the 4th quarter and OT, you saw them shut Michigan down.

I hadn’t seen the final play again until today. Michigan completely blew up the play all along the line. Milroe tripped over his right tackle’s leg and was going down as he got to the line of scrimmage.
I often wonder when I see a running back (or QB in this case) try to plow straight into a pile with most of the defense right there, why doesn't he try kicking it out to either side. It looked like there was some containment to his left but maybe there was some room to the right. I think it was a bad play call for sure but if he was thinking a little more quickly he might have been able to find some room to the right. Especially since it was a do or die situation.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Supposedly the play was to go off left tackle, but the low snap threw things off. Milroe didn’t seem himself all night. Michigan had a lot to do with that. They were all over him in the first half (5 sacks).

Easy for me to say the day after, but wouldn’t that have been the perfect time to call that Tebow play? Start into the line, pull up and toss a little jump pass. Michigan sold out stuffing the middle. Bet a tight end coulda leaked into the endzone and been wide open.

Weird game all around. Michigan played great defense and owned the first half, yet led Bama only 13-10. Bama made adjustments, dominated, then fell apart. Harbaugh outcoached Saban. UM was better prepared and pushed Alabama around.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Looks like a season the old school Rose Bowl would have gotten correct.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

I hate them, and I think he's going to get murdered in the NFL with that frame... but Penix keeps making crazy throws that college QBs just shouldn't be able to do with such consistency. I never want to see UW win another title and I hope I'm wrong about it. I'm even betting against it, just because I can't bring myself to pick them, but I don't see why he would stop making those throws now.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I hear you, yet from the other side of the wall, Jayduck. scUM’s secondary is pretty damn good but I’m hoping Penix has a field day Monday night. I think UW having their running back in the lineup will be important for balance. I see the cheaters winning this but praying I’m dead wrong.

Rewatching the ‘92 Rose Bowl and seeing how dominant Emtman and that Husky defense was back in the day makes me grin (especially for the fact that Desmond Howard was silenced). Wishing for another UW championship like that.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Did damn good on picks this year. Right up until the playoff. Missed both semifinal games. So here goes:

Huskies win.

I hope.

Please.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Hey Sam— Buckeyes just picked up your center who was f’ing up all those snaps against TCUN. Nonetheless he’s probably better than anyone we have on our line right now. Ryan Day is plucking some good transfers at the last minute, will be interesting come fall.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

174 yards rushing in the first quarter?

:lol: :lol:

Good luck UW.
JayDuck
Quack Whore

Post by JayDuck »

Thanks Michigan! That's how you beat UW

Penix has an amazing arm, but he's a puss. I'm still pissed we didn't hit that fucker last game. You've got to just get after him and make sure you hit him, even if you have to take a couple penalties along the way. Once he gets knocked a couple times he's a different player.

See you in conference play!
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

L45B wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:46 pm Hey Sam— Buckeyes just picked up your center who was f’ing up all those snaps against TCUN. Nonetheless he’s probably better than anyone we have on our line right now. Ryan Day is plucking some good transfers at the last minute, will be interesting come fall.
What I found hard to fathom was McLaughlin doing the same shit in game 14 that he was doing at the beginning of the season. I hate to lay blame on a kid, but he pretty much fucking cost Bama the Michigan game. Second half, good drive going, 2 straight shitty snaps cost the Tide 19 yards and we punted. I called my son at one point and asked if he’d noticed that Milroe had started squatting like a catcher just so he could field the snap! Then of course, on the 4th and goal, another shitty snap that helped blow up the play

As far as I’m concerned, he transferred a year late.

So much for the BS all season about how great the PAC was. Oregon was the best team…in spite of their two losses to UW.