Weekend Roll Call 12-9-23

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 12-9-23

Post by kcdave »

Is this shit working yet?

13 day stretch of hell is over. Happy to have the weekend off.
Going to look at a Norditrack bike today. Still trying to decide between
it and the Pelly. Grill biz this afternoon and a few cocktails during the
Army vs Navy game. Army looking to regain possession of the Commander-In-Chief's Trophy.
An Army loss would = a tie between all 3 teams and the trophy would stay with last
years winner- Air Force. #GO ARMY!!!!
For you better's - the over and under is 17.5 :lol:

RACK CHUCK-
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... f744&ei=16

I was scrolling thru some old pics on IMGUR the other day and
ran across this one .... I know it made an appearance at .net
but I am pretty sure this is the first time here ....
yours truly and d-town back when the Royals were still decent - '16

What up d-town? Did you fix your grill yet?

T1B seems a little more pleasant since that one asshole took a vacay.
Is this permanent, or just a dick tease?

Happy weekend, Y'all.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 12-9-23

Post by Wolfman »

IN. Go Army.

Enjoy.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Hey Dave, yeah that was a good game! Was great to meet you and VagHub too!

Grill is still not fixed. I either keep forgetting or got other things going on. It does work, just need to use a long lighter to get the other burners fired up. Otherwise it works great; just moreso a nuisance.

Reading more and posting less these days.

Can't help but notice our resident "Biff" hasn't shown up to call everyone a "butthead" lately.

Christmas decorations went up a few weeks ago. I entered our neighborhood lighting contest and I actually won in a category! I'll post pics.

Meantime, gotta get my middle son to his weekly bowling league. Hey, he's doing something resembling an activity other than staring into his tablet or watching YouTube.
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

In.

I got most of the plants installed for my eventual 140’ “hedge” over the past three days. 21 plants total, so far, but still waiting for a few special orders. First pic is from the middle looking down the hill. Second is from the same spot looking up the hill. It doesn’t look too “hedgy” at this point, and mostly the rings of shredded redwood bark mulch is all that’s visible, but in a couple of years these should grow in very nicely.

Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Day 2 of remodeling for our Farmers Market. Reminds me. I need to bump my thread on the subject.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Mikey wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:38 pm In.

I got most of the plants installed for my eventual 140’ “hedge” over the past three days. 21 plants total, so far, but still waiting for a few special orders. First pic is from the middle looking down the hill. Second is from the same spot looking up the hill. It doesn’t look too “hedgy” at this point, and mostly the rings of shredded redwood bark mulch is all that’s visible, but in a couple of years these should grow in very nicely.
Are you planning on removing that fencing, Mikey? If not, in about 3-5 years you'll wish you had given them more room. Jus sayin'
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

StrawMan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:28 pm
Mikey wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:38 pm In.

Are you planning on removing that fencing, Mikey? If not, in about 3-5 years you'll wish you had given them more room. Jus sayin'
Not taking the fence down, but that's a good call because it's of some concern. The fence is the border between our property and our neighbor's, so it needs to stay. Most of those plants are listed as 1 to 2 meters in diameter when full grown, some of them up to 3 meters. There isn't a lot of room because opposite the fence is an access "road" to our back yard. Here's a "before" picture from the bottom of the hill. There's a gate, which you can barely see, at the top. The road curves off to the right at bottom but the available space gets pretty narrow near the top. I don't want to encroach on the road too much. All of these plants are located three feet or a little farther from the fence. If I eventually have to prune some of them off the fence, then that's what I'll do. But it will bee a while. The three toyons you can see in the second picture are probably 5 years old. There are some additional toyons as well as other California natives that don't grow too fast.

Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

I’m surprised, Mickey. All of that hard work in the yard, and a lot nice landscaping, but you choose to keep the shity looking fence.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Bill in Houston wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:15 pm I’m surprised, Mickey. All of that hard work in the yard, and a lot nice landscaping, but you choose to keep the shity looking fence.
That's the purpose of the hedge - to at least partially obscure the fence. That area is sort of the back end of our yard, anyway, and not all that visible from most of the yard. The picture below is looking off to the right from our front porch. You can see the fence beyond the yellow wheelbarrow, and our neighbor's driveway beyond that. The "access road" that goes up to the back curves down below the wheelbarrow at the bottom of a bank below the logs you can see on the left, another 100 feet or so to the bottom of the driveway. As you can see, I still have a lot of space to fill. The logs sort of define a small parking area.

StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Mikey wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:56 pm Not taking the fence down, but that's a good call because it's of some concern. The fence is the border between our property and our neighbor's, so it needs to stay. Most of those plants are listed as 1 to 2 meters in diameter when full grown, some of them up to 3 meters. There isn't a lot of room because opposite the fence is an access "road" to our back yard. Here's a "before" picture from the bottom of the hill. There's a gate, which you can barely see, at the top. The road curves off to the right at bottom but the available space gets pretty narrow near the top. I don't want to encroach on the road too much. All of these plants are located three feet or a little farther from the fence. If I eventually have to prune some of them off the fence, then that's what I'll do. But it will bee a while. The three toyons you can see in the second picture are probably 5 years old. There are some additional toyons as well as other California natives that don't grow too fast.

Makes sense now - the photo really shows how you're striking a balance.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

StrawMan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:11 pm Makes sense now - the photo really shows how you're striking a balance.
Did you say that with a lisp? JFC he turned his pool green and put a hedge 3' from a fence. "Striking a balance" would be hiring some queers to make design decisions from here on out.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What the fuck do you know about pools? Do they even allow them in Bumfuck Flyoverville? My pool went back to blue in a couple of days after the chemistry in new water had time to balance.

And I sort of doubt you've ever planted anything other than your face. Do you even know what a "hedge" is?
Jesus H Christ
Crack Whore

Post by Jesus H Christ »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:13 pm
StrawMan wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:11 pm Makes sense now - the photo really shows how you're striking a balance.
Did you say that with a lisp? JFC he turned his pool green and put a hedge 3' from a fence. "Striking a balance" would be hiring some queers to make design decisions from here on out.
You got my initials wrong, doofus.

Be careful about using my fucking name in vain.
There could be consequences.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Mikey wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 am Pool went back to blue in a couple of days after the chemistry in new water had time to balance.
And I sort of doubt you've ever planted anything other than your face. Do you even know what a "hedge" is?
Good call on the edit. It's better than the original.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:13 pm
Maybe "Stuck between a fence & a hard place" would have been clearer for you.

Or should we all devolve into, "You stoopid fuckstick. You mi9ght as well pull up every fucking thing you planted. You're used to grabbing your ankles. Bend over, assume the position, and go re-do that abortion, ya iodotic pillow biter!!11"

Kith my ath, HPG
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:34 am
Mikey wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:09 am Pool went back to blue in a couple of days after the chemistry in new water had time to balance.
Fortunately, in some areas of life we’re actually allowed a do over.

Edit: I’ll be adding some irrigation today and happy to post a pic if you’d like to comment.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Mikey wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:10 pm
HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:34 am
Fortunately, in some areas of life we’re actually allowed a do over.

Edit: I’ll be adding some irrigation today and happy to post a pic if you’d like to comment.
I appreciate the offer but what I really need is Strawman doing play-by-play while you wander around the yard deciding if you're going with netafim loops or Rainbird self-tapping xeribugs and 1/8" tubing leaders. I need Strawman explaining the benefits of a direct-bury netafim loop buuut a 6' ring of.4gph might deliver too much water in relation the other emitters in that zone.

I need his lilting, lisping voice saying shit like, "Oh mah gawd, guys... does Mikey run a new 1" lateral with a dedicated valve wired into the timer? He'll have to dig and bury a new valve box and run a pair of wires! Golly now that's a lot of work! He'll be covered in icky sweat and grimy dirt on his aging but toned 6'2" frame. On the other hand, if he can tie into an existing zone he saves a lot of time and headache but he better count the irrigation rate on that zone before he adds another 5 gallons per hour of water delivery. As we all know, you can only squeeze so much out of a 1" pipe before it dries up. Awkward!..tee hee!"
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

I sure hope you didn’t put too much effort into writing that shit up, HPG. A queer irrigation fantasy?** You get +1 for reaching waaay the fuck out there, but you face planted. Zero point zero zero, Mr. Blutarsky.

**Bet that happens more often than you’d like…
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

StrawMan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm I sure hope you didn’t put too much effort into writing that shit up, HPG. A queer irrigation fantasy?** You get +1 for reaching waaay the fuck out there, but you face planted. Zero point zero zero, Mr. Blutarsky.

**Bet that happens more often than you’d like…
You have a point. Homosmack is sooo 2004. Let me try again.

Mikey, sorry for the last minute revision but now I need a video of your process while StrawMan does play-by-play Hulk Hogan style.

Brother, let me tell you about Mikey! He's older than Leedskalin's ear wax collection but by gawd he knows how to plant a hedge. That crusty old fucker plunked a dozen baby shrubs in a straight line like he's sliding beads on an abacus. He's an absolute professional at the highly technical process of spacing plants three feet away from a fence! Now he's got a problem though. Much like Mrs. Mikey's nether regions, those bushes ain't gonna moisten themselves, brother! He's got a couple of ways he can go here. He can invite some homeless folks to puke and piss near the plants and hope they don't fuck up the PH. OR he can string together some low flow emitters and water these new plants with his solar powered eco-friendly bio-compliant transfer pump that he mentions casually, yet frequently, at parties with other insufferable old fucks trying to out-virtue each other. Let's see how this plays out when Mikey decides if he's going to punch emitters directly into thin wall pipe or if he's going to use hose barbs and swing pipe. I! Can't! Wait! To find out!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You’re trying way too hard, HPG. You snowed in or something?

You should go back to repairing your broken rice cooker. After all, you’re a factory certified Sensei on that particular model, aren’t you?
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

No love for the Leedskalin reference? Dang. I was proud of that one.

Tough crowd, Gene.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Way over my head. I promise to try and do better.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

We can get through this together.