DoD 1, Tommy Tubberville/mvscunt 0 - Final

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

DoD 1, Tommy Tubberville/mvscunt 0 - Final

Post by Screw_Michigan »

How does it taste to be a loser along with your loser senator, mvscal? Backing down with zero change in Pentagon policy to provide adequate health care to soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and guardians? Hopefully Tubberville will be bounced out of the Senate accordingly, but this is Alabama we're talking about here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ions-hold/
Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) announced Tuesday that he would lift his blanket hold on military promotions, ending a nearly 10-month standoff over a Biden administration abortion policy that made the former football coach the target of bipartisan ire.

“It’s been a long fight, we fought hard,” Tuberville said after announcing his decision to his colleagues at a closed-door lunch. “We just released them.”

The hold, which Tuberville began in February, applied to all senior military promotions, and hundreds of officers were caught up in its net. As officers increasingly complained of the toll on military readiness and morale, and as a war raged in the Middle East, Tuberville faced increasing pressure from his fellow Republicans to drop the hold.

He has now narrowed his hold to the 10 or so promotions at the four-star rank. Tuberville said he relinquished the hold because he wanted to keep Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) from bringing up a vote to get around his maneuver. He did not receive any concessions he previously demanded, such as a change to the military funding bill to address the abortion policy.

“We got all we could get,” he told reporters.

The affable former football coach was left with few options after Schumer put forward a proposal that would allow the Senate to go around Tuberville’s holds, which had the Republican votes necessary to pass.

Tuberville’s hold led to a remarkably public confrontation with some of his GOP colleagues, who staged a late-night attempt to promote the officers he had blocked, forcing him to personally object to each one. Republican Sens. Dan Sullivan (Alaska), Joni Ernst (Iowa), Todd C. Young (Ind.) and Lindsey O. Graham (S.C.), all veterans, implored Tuberville on the Senate floor to lift his hold for the sake of national security.

“No matter whether you believe it or not, Senator Tuberville, this is doing great damage to our military,” Graham said then. “I don’t say that lightly; I’ve been trying to work with you for nine months.”

Behind closed doors, Republicans have complained that Tuberville’s blockade was hurting them politically as well, given the harm to the military and the focus on abortion, which has been a losing issue at the polls for the GOP in recent elections. Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) took the rare step of publicly rebuking Tuberville, saying he should not be punishing “military heroes” for a Biden administration policy. Other Republican colleagues said they thought that Tuberville moved the goal posts of his demands, from initially just wanting a vote on the military abortion policy to demanding that it be rescinded altogether to allow promotions to go through.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Re: DoD 1, Tommy Tubberville/mvscunt 0 - Final

Post by Sudden Sam »

I’m happy that pregnant male soldiers can abort their children in whatever state they need to.

Sin,

MS
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Oh good. More administration at the top of the military. That's what we need. Let's spend money promoting desk commanders.

Meanwhile... Solider is personally charged $3500 for equipment he was ordered to leave in Afghanistan.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 pm Oh good. More administration at the top of the military. That's what we need. Let's spend money promoting desk commanders.

Meanwhile... Solider is personally charged $3500 for equipment he was ordered to leave in Afghanistan.
Then Senator McTubesteak should say it instead of lying about it. Why is that so hard?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:47 am
HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:19 pm Oh good. More administration at the top of the military. That's what we need. Let's spend money promoting desk commanders.

Then Senator McTubesteak should say it instead of lying about it. Why is that so hard?
You should ask him.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Tommy Tuberville

Best name since Mustapha Teabreak.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:04 am You should ask him.
Good call. I'll swing by the Senate tomorrow.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I couldn't give a fuck less on way or another. I just explained to idiots like you how the process works.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.