Citrus

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Citrus

Post by Mikey »

Looks like a bumper crop of citrus this year. Thanks mostly, I think, to our wet winter and spring, and me remembering to water during the past couple of (very dry) months.

Navel oranges

Minneola tangelos

Meyer lemons

Meyer lemons #2

The oranges and tangelos are still a month or two out. Some of the lemons are ready right now. That’s great because I’m tired of buying inferior lemons at the grocery store for fifty cents or more apiece.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Re: Citrus

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

I wanted to put a meyer lemon tree on the 88's new estate, but the vote was 1-1 and ties go to Mrs. 88. I'm still buying citrus... Rack your upcoming harvest. Ever make limoncello?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Citrus

Post by Mikey »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:01 pm I wanted to put a meyer lemon tree on the 88's new estate, but the vote was 1-1 and ties go to Mrs. 88. I'm still buying citrus... Rack your upcoming harvest. Ever make limoncello?
Never tried it, but I might have to this year. We always have a lot more than we can use, and I use them almost every day for one thing or another.

Meyer lemons are awesome, BTW. Juicier and tastier than the normal thick skinned ones you get in the store. What's she got against lemons?