What has Michigan ever done?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

What has Michigan ever done?

Post by Sudden Sam »

There were several Michigan guys in here. This season gives me another opportunity to ask, ”WTF has Michigan ever won?” Other than the split NC with Colorado, they’ve done NOTHING in my longass lifetime.

Most wins all-time in BTCFB. That’s cool, but for 60-70 years, they pretty much went 9-0 or 8-1 against the weak Big Ten schools, then lost their ONE challenging game each year…to Ohio State. I’ve never understood why UMers run around with their chests puffed out. They’ve got nuthin’.

No personal offense intended toward any of the UM guys. I’m sure you’re all great people (although y’all may recall the reason for my eternal dislike for Ann Arbor and its denizens).

Please, someone explain the braggadocio that these people exhibit.
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Re: What has Michigan ever done?

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Best scouting in CFB?
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

88BuckeyeGrad wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:00 am Best scouting in CFB?
:lol:
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

I REALLY miss our old contingent of psychos in here.

I'm on board with you SS. They haven't done shit...until the alleged scouting/super secret spying has taken place and then they beat tOSU and made the playoffs 2 years in a row... I bet it's just a coincidence!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Pretty sure Lloyd Carr's UM split a NC with Dr. Tom and Nebraska, 97 or 98?

Colorado split with Georgia Tech in 90.

As an 80's big time power college football kid, I always thought Bo Schembechler and Terry Donahue were both overrated.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

King Crimson wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:31 pm Pretty sure Lloyd Carr's UM split a NC with Dr. Tom and Nebraska, 97 or 98?

Colorado split with Georgia Tech in 90.
My bad. That’s right. Thanks.

I’ve lived thru the ‘60s to today’s Wolverines and I just don’t get all the Michigan bragging…over basically NOTHING.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

King Crimson wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:31 pm Bo Schembechler
Represents the “glory days” of scUM football. Never won a National title. Shit the bed in numerous Rose Bowls that should have been wins.

Hairball learned it well from his own playing days.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Rack that blast 88.

Probably the greatest signal the refs ever stole from Michigan…

“T” = Technical Foul
“T” = Two Shots (for UNC)
“T” = Trophy (for UNC)

:lol:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

The Fab 5 was getting paid to play in flagrant violation of NCAA rules. This latest cheating scandal is an even worse look. Bo would not be pleased.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The University of Michigan's athletic department, especially its football program, has always been out of control with zero regard for any type of rules or regulations or anything that suggested it couldn't behave however it wanted. I am still disgusted and aghast at how the university colluded with its fanboi county prosecutor to overcharge MSU players involved in the 2022 tunnel fracas at Michigan Stadium.

If you don't know the story behind this, a reminder---there was a fight between MSU and UM players at Mich Stadium (which was started by a UM player, btw). It was on video, it was pretty bad, and MSU was taped giving most of the beatings, some with helmets. The Washtenaw County Prosecutor is Eli Savit, a UM law school grad and, as with all elected positions in the county, a huge UM sports fanboi. There's photos on Savit's own twitter page of him going to games and screaming "Go Blue!" with all the other fan bois.

Anyone in the legal profession with a shred of ethics would have excused him or herself from prosecuting the tunnel fracas for the obvious and in your face conflict of interest. He or she would have had a neighboring county prosecutor handle this case.

But of course, Savit does no such thing. So what happens? Harbaugh tells the press he wants max charges. Savit, in response, over charges two of the players, charging them with FELONIES for fisticuffs. And not a PEEP from any news outlet or legal watchdog or anyone. Savit, mind you, is a rising star in Michigan Democratic politics and is very well connected at the highest levels in Michigan.

Savit should absolutely be disbarred for this disgusting behavior. This is how UM rolls. If you ever forgot why I created my nick 23 years ago when I first joined the jimrome.com BBS from the media center in my high school my senior year (sitting next to Mgo at the time).
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Rack your nic and post Screwey!

The dumb “I didn’t know what was happening” look on Harbaugh’s face says it all. And their fan base is completely delusional.

M has always stood for Mediocre.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

King Crimson wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:31 pm Pretty sure Lloyd Carr's UM split a NC with Dr. Tom and Nebraska, 97

It was ‘97.
NU beat Peyton Manning’s 3rd ranked Vol’s 42-17 in the Orange Bowl while Michigan beat #8 ranked Ryan Leaf and Wazzo 20-16 in the Rose Bowl.
The coaches voted Nebraska N.C., the ummmm..”writers” Michigan.
Pretty much says it all.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I’d LOVE to see Bama play Michigan right now.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

S_M wrote:when I first joined the jimrome.com BBS from the media center in my high school my senior year (sitting next to Mgo at the time).
Nice!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:17 pm If you ever forgot why I created my nick 23 years ago when I first joined the jimrome.com BBS from the media center in my high school my senior year (sitting next to Mgo at the time).
Screwy, get Mgo to get back in here.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Sam wrote:That’s cool, but for 60-70 years, they pretty much went 9-0 or 8-1 against the weak Big Ten schools, then lost their ONE challenging game each year…to Ohio State.
In the late '60s/early '70s, sports on TV was becoming a very big, new thing.
At that time, the Big 10 was the premier college football conference.
Michigan and Ohio St. were going toe-to-toe for conference supremacy every year.
Bo Schembechler had a winning record against Woody Hayes (5-4-1).

So, a huge aura surrounding Michigan football developed, even though the Wolverines usually fell short in their bowl games.

In subsequent decades, there was still a perception that Michigan football was a big deal, because they generally fielded a solid, and sometimes very excellent, squad.

But yeah, you are right, Sam.
Overrated.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:28 am
Screw_Michigan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:17 pm If you ever forgot why I created my nick 23 years ago when I first joined the jimrome.com BBS from the media center in my high school my senior year (sitting next to Mgo at the time).
Screwy, get Mgo to get back in here.
Would be nice.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:28 am Screwy, get Mgo to get back in here.
I've tried. He won't.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Rootbeer

Post by Rootbeer »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:08 am
Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:28 am Screwy, get Mgo to get back in here.
I've tried. He won't.
That sux. Tell him Rootbeer misses him. I can't get Broken Staple to post either. The world has moved on, Smackslinger.
Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Softball Bat wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:36 am
In the late '60s/early '70s, sports on TV was becoming a very big, new thing.
At that time, the Big 10 was the premier college football conference.

Overrated.
premier by whose opinion? you posting it? Nebraska and Texas won NC's in 69 and 70, 71. USC won a bunch too. John McKay 67, 74.
lotta BS from you, dude.

not seeing a lot of Big 10 championships. not enough to call it "premier".
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

The Big Ten was nothing but the Big 2 throughout the ‘60s and ‘70s.

Michigan racked up a shitloadofwins without winning national championships.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Well, this week so far:

1. Hairball has already accepted his three game suspension from the B1G

2. Michigan dropped its litigation to appeal the suspension

3. Michigan fired its linebackers coach (allegedly he was attempting to destroy evidence when the investigation initiated)

The dominoes are all falling.

This program and its abysmal fan base needs a nice, quiet 2-3 year break from college football.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Damn shame if Michigan makes the playoff and keeps a deserving team out.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Unless McCarthy finds his arm tOSU puts a 1 in UM's loss column.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
88BuckeyeGrad
Elwood

Post by 88BuckeyeGrad »

Good game. I wish it turned out differently. But it lived up to its hype.
StrawMan
Elwood

Post by StrawMan »

Today was a great game to watch. Quality play and high intensity from both squads.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

So a Michigan team that felt it necessary to know their opponents’ play calls in order to beat the likes of Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Indiana will likely make the CFP and keep a deserving team out of it.

And a year from now, the NCAA will make them forfeit their 2023 wins.

All we can do is hope Iowa pulls off a scintillating 9-3 win in the B1G championship game.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:36 pm So a Michigan team that felt it necessary to know their opponents’ play calls in order to beat the likes of Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Indiana will likely make the CFP and keep a deserving team out of it.
Gee, I wonder which "deserving" team you refer to. :meds:

Oh, I know! The team that was one miracle play from losing to the weakest Auburn roster in years.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Carson wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:59 pm
Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:36 pm So a Michigan team that felt it necessary to know their opponents’ play calls in order to beat the likes of Rutgers, Minnesota, Purdue, and Indiana will likely make the CFP and keep a deserving team out of it.
Gee, I wonder which "deserving" team you refer to. :meds:

Oh, I know! The team that was one miracle play from losing to the weakest Auburn roster in years.
Nope. Bama blew it early losing to Texas at home. At this point, UA isn’t one of the 4 best teams.