Doesn’t Mean a Damn Thing, but…

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Doesn’t Mean a Damn Thing, but…

Post by Sudden Sam »

A little earlier I saw both Herbstreit and McAfee pick Alabama to win it all this year.

They each had Ohio State, Michigan, Georgia and the Tide in the playoff. I think Howard had FSU, Texas, Georgia and UM with the Wolverines winning the NC.

The talent is there for Saban. It all boils down to the QB being smart, limiting TOs, and wideouts not repeating the dropped pass circus of last year. Everything else is in place.

We’ve been spoiled with the last few QBs being so damn smart and never turning the ball over. Hurts, Tua, Mac Jones, and Bryce Young…what a run!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Doesn’t Mean a Damn Thing, but…

Post by Moby Dick »

I think I would have liked McAfee better when I was 24. 45 year old me? Meh...he's a great value Jim Rome :shock:

The wise guy chain and rolled up sleeves on a jacket doesn't do it for me...but maybe I'm not his demographic.. If you had to put my feet to fire, I'd pick Bama to win it all this year as well because betting against Saban in any capacity isn't the smart bet :lol:
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

I laugh each time writers and TV pundits write Saban off. What are they looking at to arrive at such a conclusion? Another top ranked recruiting class? Nope. 2 losses…each on the last play of the game? Wow. A close loss to Georgia when they had neither of their 2 star receivers? Possibly.

It’s hilarious. The Tide might lose several games this year (don’t count on it), but that doesn’t mean they’re washed up. Saban and his constantly in flux coaching staff will be a threat for the NC ‘til the man retires. That’s not hubris…it’s fact.

McAfee and his wifebeaters, chains, etc can be an ass, but he’s pretty funny. I watched a god bit of his guys’ coverage of the title game last year and it was pretty cool.

Oh…correction. Desmond Howard had Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and Texas. Michigan beats Bama.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

All about those takes that garner the most 'clicks' and traffic.

RJ Young sucking off Deion in Colorado is on par. Used to follow that guy when he was first coming up and was basically an OU Fan boy on youtube..but had solid opinions...now it's just saying the dumb shit to get clicks and retweets.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:54 pm Oh…correction. Desmond Howard had Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and Texas. Michigan beats Bama.
How does that guy still have a job? He picks scUM every year. Didn’t he pick Pitt and A&M to make the CFP last year? What a joke.

scUM beating Bama?? Hahaha. Not a chance. The piss-beatles don’t have any playmakers outside of their moose lodge offensive line. They’re simply not built to win playoff football. The 74-year drought shall continue. :lol:

Bama is a solid pick this year, though not going out far on a limb.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield