Weekend Roll Call 7-29-23

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 7-29-23

Post by kcdave »

Someone post this youtube vid correctly... I am tired as fuck, and not in learning mode to figure out how to from a cellphone.

It's about 2am here in Colorado Springs. We will be hitting the road in less than one hour. It has been a helluva week. This is a gorgeous state, with so many things to do and see. It is certainly easy to understand why so many people are flocking here to live and raise their families.
Every single person we have came in contact with has been very nice and pleasant.
The weather has been absolutely perfect, even though the locals say it's hot. The lack of humidity has me loving it though.
The only complaint I have at all, is the fucking traffic in some areas is insane. d-town can explain it better than I, but two hour, three hour or longer delays seem to be common. Simple commutes of 20 miles taking 90 minutes or more seem to be the horror stories I hear from you folks on the coast, but they seem to be the norm here as well. Maybe infrastructure improvements will make things better here, but not likely in my lifetime.
Oh well, back to hell on earth. I would like to post some wonderful PET, but in reality I won't take the time to do so. Life, work and grill biz await.
I will drop in this pic from early Thursday morning at the Maroon Bells.

Happy Weekend, Y'all.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 7-29-23

Post by Wolfman »

IN--- another summer day ahead for SWFL. 90ºF and rain around 5 PM.
Maybe in tonight for tunes if Smackie is playing them.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:Someone post this youtube vid correctly... I am tired as fuck, and not in learning mode to figure out how to from a cellphone.
This place sucks horse cocks.

Sweet pic, dave!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Dave you need to post a PET. If I did it numerous times on .net and from my PC no less, you can too. I work full time and our three kids' schedules just keep getting busier. Post a PET.

Califorado can suck it. Yes the physical beauty is rackable but once you dig deeper, it's nothing more than an overpriced overrated fully congested cesspool. My family and I have absolutely no regrets ditching that place.

Here is what should be the video of the week:

https://youtu.be/Hw1t7OCESUw

Not embedding because I'm not an IT nerd and haven't been trained in coding.

It's been a hot one around here lately! Heat indexes in the 105 range. But, what can you do? It's summertime. It gets hot! On Farcebook, you'd think no one has ever seen anything above 80 degrees ever. People are actually saying it's too hot to cook food in their kitchens! Holy crap what a bunch of softies people are these days.

Posting from Branson, MO. Now THIS is an amazing town just 4 hours from the STL. We are at Grand Country Resort right on the Branson strip.

Will be spending the day at the water park, probably do some go karting, and enjoying one of the stage shows and buffets here.

Later all.

(Dave, PET....go!)
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 pm

VCR was always flashing 12:00 because he's not an IT nerd...
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

It was so simple on .net! Brackets, paste link, /brackets with YouTube in the brackets!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:55 pm
d-townmike wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 pm

VCR was always flashing 12:00 because he's not an IT nerd...

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I lived in CO for 6 months around the Steamboat and Vail areas and drove pretty much the whole state and I never hit traffic once.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

Over halfway home ... taking a break while my wife drives....
I forgot to open this can of worms earlier.
We ate at In-N-Out last night.

I had this once before when my son brought me back a double double when he was in California. It had been refrigerated, stuck in a cooler, and then flown home. Needless to say it was not very special and surely nothing to brag about.
So anyway, we go there last night, order our meals hot and fresh and ate there on the patio. Nice joint, beautiful patio in Colorado Springs and all that. I really don't have much else good to say. The two day old refrigerated burger my son brought me years ago, tasted basically the same as the hot and fresh one I had there last night. I haven't a clue why anyone would rave and brag the joint. Absolutely nothing special at all. No where near the class of premier burger joints i.e. Culvers, 5 Guys, Shake Shack, or Smashburger and maybe a couple of others that I may be forgetting. The fries were average at best , ordered plain by me. I was not wanting a huge meal, so I purposely did not order the fries animal style, so maybe I missed out, but they sure could have used something to help out a bland, plain old fry.
I rate In-N-Out below the king and the clown overall on taste. I would consider it a draw between them and Whataburger, only because Whataburger is slightly better, but much more expensive. In-N-Out is on par with Dairy Queen or Jack in the Box burger for burger, but would still lose out to those two for not having great onion rings.

Discuss.

Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Discuss what? You ate the burger and fries and gave us your opinion. The only real discussion was why didn’t you eat at Border Burger in Manitou Springs?
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

In n Out is overrated.

End of discussion.

Should have gone to Good Times.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Got the weed eating on the big hill done early and edged and cut the front and side yards. Trimmed all the shrubs and bushes. The back can wait ‘til tomorrow. One of my neighbors and I battle it out for the most perfect yard. At my age, I question why I GARA anymore, but the yard is damn pretty and I enjoy doing most of it. I can hear him still working on his place. Good guy…lucky to have all great folks near us.

Verstappen won an 11 lap sprint in the rain in Belgium just now. Damn good race. Kid in a McLaren had the lead for a while and finished second. McLaren gaining ground on Red Bull lately.

Wife is out of town visiting her mom. I’m gonna shower and get 20 or so chicken wings in a little while and enjoy the company of a longtime lady friend over tea and wings. Fuck doing anything outside the rest of the day. Triple digits as far as feel…to hell with that . Miss enjoying a few beers sometimes, but when more than one gives you a two day hangover it’s easy to give it up.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 pm Califorado can suck it. Yes the physical beauty is rackable but once you dig deeper, it's nothing more than an overpriced overrated fully congested cesspool. My family and I have absolutely no regrets ditching that place.
TRANSLATION: I don't have the skills nor education to succeed in a highly desirable state like Colorado.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 12:20 pm Not embedding because I'm not an IT nerd and haven't been trained in coding.
You are a fucking idiot. No wonder you couldn't hack it in Colorado.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:28 pm Wife is out of town visiting her mom. I’m gonna shower and get 20 or so chicken wings in a little while and enjoy the company of a longtime lady friend

Nice :dance1:
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

pron wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:40 pm
Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:28 pm Wife is out of town visiting her mom. I’m gonna shower and get 20 or so chicken wings in a little while and enjoy the company of a longtime lady friend

Nice :dance1:
Hate to disappoint, but…

I could, but I won’t. I’m no goody two shoes (what a weird saying), but I’m hungrier for chicken than pussy right now.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:28 pm Fuck doing anything outside the rest of the day. Triple digits as far as feel…to hell with that.

Life choices. You don't have to live that way.

61 degrees in The City now. High of 70 today with bright sunshine an a cool ocean breeze.

I'll have to be in Kansas City for around a week to set up the show towards the end of August and then in Texas for a week in the beginning of October to set up that show.

Fuck that weather year round.

Texas does have its benifits though.

I'll be enjoying a fews drum jams while I'm there.

Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Have you ever taken a photo?
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yeah it’s 80 in SLO today so we headed to the beach, it’s 72.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

kcdave wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:06 pm
I rate In-N-Out below the king and the clown overall on taste. I would consider it a draw between them and Whataburger, only because Whataburger is slightly better, but much more expensive. In-N-Out is on par with Dairy Queen or Jack in the Box burger for burger, but would still lose out to those two for not having great onion rings.

Discuss.

Well Ill step up and say In and Out sucks ass, and is below McDonalds, easily. Mushed fries, wild animal meat, fukked up condiments, can I just get the regular stuff, and leave my fucking straw alone. I'll take care of it. Way over priced. Must be a cult thing.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It hit 101 here a few days ago, first three digit day of the year. Today it's "only" 91 but muggy as fuck. Might as well be living in Florida, except our ocean temps haven't hit three digits yet (I think we're in the low 70s).

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/26/11902181 ... ife-damage :shock:

Our pool project has been pretty much dead in the water since last weekend. We got it filled but haven't been able to start it up yet because we're waiting on the new heater.* We've gotten over any misgivings about the new color. We were just used to the white plaster for so long that it took a few hours to get use to it. This is the view from our breakfast nook early in the morning (I cut that dead palm branch off yesterday):

*not a reference to smackaholic's new girlfriend

One thing they did do this week is resurface the concrete slide. They send some guy out who spent a couple of hours sanding the old finish off, and then painted on a coating of clear, slick epoxy. The picture on the left is what it looked like. After seeing that I told them that, no, that's not acceptable. Resurfacing the slide also includes making it look OK. So they sent a guy out to re-do the paint and ended up with what's on the right. Big improvement. The guy actually had several colors in hand sprayers and, after putting on a primer coat, did a pretty decent job of picking up a lot of the colors from the adjacent boulders. The wells on either side of the slide will fill with water and become waterfalls when I turn on the pump that flows water down the slide. The ugly ass stucco wall at the top will get redone in our next project.

Image Image

Everything should be completed on Monday. I'll believe that when I see it. When all is said and done, I'm thinking it will look something like this:

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Meat Head wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:37 pm

Discuss.

Well Ill step up and say In and Out sucks ass, and is below McDonalds, easily. Mushed fries, wild animal meat, fukked up condiments, can I just get the regular stuff, and leave my fucking straw alone. I'll take care of it. Way over priced. Must be a cult thing.
Everybody is entitled to their own preferences. But over priced?

A Double Double at In N Out is $3.45. A regular cheeseburger is $2.40.
A Big Mac by itself is $4.79. A deluxe quarter pounder is $6.49.
At Five Guys a regular cheeseburger is $7.69.
A Jumbo Jack is $3.69. Double Jumbo Jack is $6.19.

Prices may vary by location but In N Out is definitely not "way" overpriced by any comparison.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Meat head is… well, a meat head.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

A friend from Cali is always telling us how good they are, but, just based on the photo, that burger looks awful.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What's the main difference between your picture and this one (besides the fact that they come from two different chains)?

Hint: one was professionally composed by a professional photographer to look really really good and looks very little like what you actually get.

Again, to each his own, but I suggest reading this comparison (maybe by someone who was already prejudiced?):

https://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonal ... oulevard-1

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Here's a delicious Five Guys meal.

Looks like some really nasty snatch. I wonder what it smells like.

d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:53 pm Here's a delicious Five Guys meal.

^^^^ $17.00 for that. Most sports bars are less and are way better with full service.
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:46 pm
Prices may vary by location but In N Out is definitely not "way" overpriced by any comparison.
Yeah you are right about the prices. Too much sativa for me and I got a little excited. Sticking to indica.

But the food still sucks imo. Animal style indeed.

Good times. :waz:
Meat Head
Elwood

Post by Meat Head »

Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:53 pm

Like vaginal fistulas, or low tide in the oyster bog. They sell snorkels for this kind of close up work.
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

d-townmike wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:04 pm In n Out is overrated.

End of discussion.

Should have gone to Good Times.
I never saw one Good Times and the only night that we even considered
eating burgers was last with the exact purpose of eating at In-N-Out to see
if it would live up to the hype. It didn't so mildly disappointed overall.
Certainly not the first time that food anticipations has fucked me.

Oh .... and it was NOT over priced at all.
On a positive not, the staff was EXCELLENT and reminded me very much
of Culver's overly polite staff. They also all had that same vibe that they
were a bunch of Beaver Cleaver style robots. I am not sure where they
find these folks, but I surely wish my staffing agency would send some my
way to hire.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Best burgers in San Diego, IMHO. I obviously haven't tried all of them but this place has lots going for it, besides some great burgers. It's right on the water bayside and next to a fishing pier. All seating outside, except for a few stools at the counter. The food is cooked outside, also, food truck style.

They're right next door to the Rady Shell, San Diego's new outdoor amphitheater concert venue, in fact about 50 yards from the back gate. Perfect place to grab a bite before a show. There might be 10,000 people inside waiting in line for REALLY overpriced food that's all sort of pretentious. Fortunately, you don't see BB&B from the front side of the venue or you'd never be able to get served here. I've sat with roadies and venue employees eating here on multiple occasions. I hope the rest of them don't figure it out.

The Baja Burger is my go-to. They have hot dogs too. And a good beer selection.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/burgers-bait-a ... ?start=120

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Jsc810 wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:21 am Now packing suitcases to leave for Yucatán for almost a month. I have worked some long and difficult hours, and yes, I'm taking a break.

I've also need to do some thinking that I have been putting off. In January, a new Governor will take office, and that is a significant change for me. Do I retire? Do I try to keep my current job? Do I get a different job?

I'll probably end up starting a PET for this trip, we'll see. Back to packing suitcases.......
Sounds like you can afford to retire.

Are you over 65? Being able to get Medicare makes a HUGE difference. Get basic Part A and Part B, and a Part D drug plan. Then purchase a Medi-Gap supplemental policy. Mine is less than $150/month and covers all deductibles and co-insurance. Almost never any out of pocket costs except for some medications. Don't fall for the Medicare Advantage swindle. It's just medical insurance companies trying to cash in and even though the premiums might be $0.00 it's not worth it if you don't want severely limited networks and pre-approval required for almost any procedure or test. With traditional Medicare you can go to any doctor that accepts Medicare (almost all of them). And rarely any kind of pre-approval for anything.

If you can afford to do it, then just retire. Go and do anything you feel like doing.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Mikey wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:53 pm

Jeezus, Mikey. If that looks like any kinda snatch to you, you might wanna have you and your wife get a thorough checkup!😆

Point taken on the burger photos.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

You just have to kind of turn your head sideways to get it...OK maybe not. :lol: :lol:
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

RIP Boll Weevil.
9/27/22
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:20 am RIP Boll Weevil.
Haven't seen one of those for a long time.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Mikey wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:24 am
Diego in Seattle wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:20 am RIP Boll Weevil.
Haven't seen one of those for a long time.
I think the last one went out of business on Convoy in the mid-90's.
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

I know there is one in Lakeside that was open as of a couple of years ago. It might have been something back in the day, now it’s just meh.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Kierland wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:23 pm I know there is one in Lakeside that was open as of a couple of years ago. It might have been something back in the day, now it’s just meh.
That's about a 45 minute drive from where I usually stay in San Diego. Yelp says that there's another one in Ramona, which would be about as far but a nicer drive (although I'm sure it would be disgusting to see how much the rural areas between Escondido & Ramona have grown).
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Romona?

Sin,