It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

kcdave
crusader

Weekend Roll Call 4-29-23

Post by kcdave »

Full Crue Vid

Sure wish I could have made it down to see Motley Cure
perform last night, but I just don't have the time.
Hopefully you noticed.. no scratch that, hopefully you
did NOT notice that until now I have never mentioned
a word about the draft being held this weekend in KC.
That is purposeful. If you are a draft fan, KC fan or native,
or even have a passing interest, you already know what
a great thing it has been and will conclude later today.
If not... well, then you don't give a fuck and nothing further
needs to be said.

Day 15 of covid is here. Back about 95% I'd say. Most of my
smell and taste has returned. Slight dizziness occasionally,
but that's about it. 2 other co-workers went down with it
this week. One took a day off and returned, the other was
gone Wed, Thur and yesterday. Mikey, I wish I had time fully
debate the topic w/ you, but I don't. We do not get true
"sick time." We just get a certain amount of "comp time,"
all dependent upon seniority. Most of us are of the opinion
that if you can get the hell out of bed, then you go to work.
If not, or you are going to sit upon, or kneel in front of the
shitter all day, then stay home. Save your very precious
comp time for another day. You may not like, but it's just
the way it is. Survival of the fittest, I say.

Lots of grill work Imagine that :meds: and shopping
with Vag Hub afterwards. The last chance of a spring frost
has passed, which means we are off to buy plants for my
"nicely landscaped yard," as it was coined by HHO from .net
Whatever happened to that asshole? I guess he didn't make
the voyage over.

Happy Weekend, Y'all.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Weekend Roll Call 4-29-23

Post by Wolfman »

IN---gardening keps Mrs.O busy all year---I retired a while ago. MLB, NCAA baseball and softball for diversion.
Enjoy.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:Day 15 of covid is here. Back about 95% I'd say.
Glad to hear that, dave.

Day 6 here.
Meds are gone.
Throat, which was killing me, is improved a lot, but it has affected my ear (and still throat to some degree).
Seems like I have an ear infection.

Need to get this cleared up.
Sauna has helped some.

Will probably see the doctor again on Monday.
More meds are likely.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

dave wrote:HHO from .net
Whatever happened to that asshole? I guess he didn't make
the voyage over.
He joined in October of last year, but has not posted.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Motley “Cure” sucks hairy camel balls. Saw them a few years ago and they were the worst big name band I have ever seen and I’ve seen Van Halen with Cherone. Alice opened and he was far better even though I’ve seen his act before. Don’t waste your money on those talentless hacks.

BBQ at the park then a hike later then a screening of Roman Holiday (1953) at the local Film Festival on Sun. Not the most exciting weekend but I’m in SLO and you aren’t.

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

kcdave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:32 am Mikey, I wish I had time fully debate the topic w/ you, but I don't.
I’ve moved way beyond the Covid argument. Glad to hear everybody’s recovering OK. Just don’t bring it around me and we’ll be fine. :lol:

I’m still dealing with the last of this spring’s weed abatement. I spent a couple of hours yesterday with the string trimmer taking care of this sloped area, along with about an equal amount to the right of where I was standing to take the picture.

Some of the weeds are still growing so I’ll have to go back and redo some of it in a week or so. Kind of like painting the Golden Gate Bridge.

I’ve got at least three dozen plants waiting to go into the ground, including 24 baccharis pilularis “pidgeon point” that we need for ground cover.

https://www.laspilitas.com/nature-of-ca ... geon-point

Plus some more ornamental stuff like monkey flowers, desert mallow and hummingbird sage. Good thing I no longer have a “real” job.

On Friday we’re going to see the Padres and Dodgers ( :hfal: ) at Petco Park with the “kids” and my son’s new in-laws, who are huge Dodger ( :hfal: ) fans. Should be interesting.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:39 pmsloped
Nazi racist!

-you know who
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

People that plant Italian Cypress but don’t plant them close enough to to make a fence confuse me.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That’s our next door neighbor. There was a row of them going up our driveway (maybe five or six) when we bought the house, ending right in front of our 300 gallon propane tank and next to the garage and main electrical service. Not the best placement in an area considered to be high fire risk. Those things could go up like Roman candles. We had them all removed about six years ago, and finally got rid of the propane in 2019.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Well good on you. They are not horrible lining a drive to a big old Italian villa, but round these parts it just looks pretentiously douchey.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Agreed. But they’re pretty popular around here for some reason. Maybe people think they look like Beverly Hills or something.

This is where they once were. Probably 50 feet tall at least. Now it’s toyon, white sage, California buckwheat, coyote brush, sagebrush, monkey flowers, purple sage and desert mallow.

Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Crappy weather here in the 'burgh. So, no yardwork for me this weekend. Pretty fucking boring weekend for me, actually. So far, I have literally done nothing today and likely will be the same tomorrow, laundry aside. I'm okay with that though... good to have those lazy weekends occasionally. Biz trip to Austin on Monday and won't return until Friday. Currently watching second game of Pirates doubleheader and will pour a vodka cocktail in a short bit.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Not much going on in TO. Wet, constant rain.
Did some work in the garden anyway and a mysterious, cloaked figure holding a scythe offered to help. Strange, no farmer's fields around here - where did he come from? Very decent chap.
Watched 'Killing Fields' for some gardening inspiration. What a load of shite. Note to Hollywood, before lecturing me about genocide - how about letting me decide which party was in the right?
Bills drafting like crap, very disappointed.

Question.
Are all the stars on the American flag representative of different states in order? Like, does the first star stand for a specific state or are they all just jumbled together?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

*update*

Not feeling well.

Took the plunge and bought one of those monkeys they were offloading from a Chinese ship in the harbour and the little prick scratched me. Can't see very well, feeling faint. I'll strangle the little bastard when I find him, he stole my keys.
d-townmike
"Q-Town"

Post by d-townmike »

Am I the only one who has completely avoided getting covid? Well, that I know of anyway. I may have had it a couple years ago but not enough to stay home from work. Fuck getting tested. I did get tested once back when they were requiring a negative test to get into a hockey game.

Pretty chill weekend watching golf (going back and forth between the Mexico Open and the Insperity Invitational).

Windy and chilly today but going to be warmer this week.

Got family coming into visit later this week. My oldest son, 14, is getting confirmed in the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) on Saturday.

He also started his first job this past week. He is now an umpire for a local athletic association. For now only 6U and 7U games. But they are paying him $25 per game. First game went well! Not bad for only working 2 hours. I didn't even make that much in a 4 hour shift for my first part-time job back in high school in 1994. $5/hour!

Later all
Don't blame me, I voted for Trump
kcdave wrote:kicked my own ass many times
Steve Jobs
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Steve Jobs »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:39 am *update*

Not feeling well.

Took the plunge and bought one of those monkeys they were offloading from a Chinese ship in the harbour and the little prick scratched me. Can't see very well, feeling faint. I'll strangle the little bastard when I find him, he stole my keys.
Wtf Dr, are you ok? I will kill the little fukker myself. Is the bite on an amputatable body part?

Whats the monkey for, do you have some football odds making scheme cooking there?

:drink:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Phibes wrote:Question.
Are all the stars on the American flag representative of different states in order? Like, does the first star stand for a specific state or are they all just jumbled together?
I don't think there is any real order to it.
This is what the flag looked like before Hawaii and Alaska were added...

This is how it looks now...

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

d-town wrote:Got family coming into visit later this week. My oldest son, 14, is getting confirmed in the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) on Saturday.
I was confirmed in the Lutheran Church back in the day, and nobody ever clearly explained to me what that meant, or how I was supposedly different the day after confirmation, compared to the day before.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:11 am
I was confirmed in the Lutheran Church back in the day, and nobody ever clearly explained to me what that meant, or how I was supposedly different the day after confirmation, compared to the day before.
It's Jesus...the thing, you know. C'mon, man.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

mvscal wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:41 am
poptart wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:11 am
I went to the same Lutheran Church for 6 or 7 years as a kid/adolescent -- and nobody ever explained to me what the gospel is.

It was a huge bore to me, and I considered it a massive waste of my Sunday (and sometimes Saturday) time.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:49 am
mvscal wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:41 am
poptart wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:11 am
I went to the same Lutheran Church for 6 or 7 years as a kid/adolescent -- and nobody ever explained to me what the gospel is.

It was a huge bore to me, and I considered it a massive waste of my Sunday (and sometimes Saturday) time.
Be thankful you weren’t raised Catholic. I missed Saturday morning cartoons for what seems like most of my childhood because I had to go to Cattle Prison instead of watching Loony Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle and lots of other important cultural reference stuff.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mikey wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 1:23 am Be thankful you weren’t raised Catholic. I missed Saturday morning cartoons for what seems like most of my childhood because I had to go to Cattle Prison instead of watching Loony Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, George of the Jungle and lots of other important cultural reference stuff.
I had to miss the early years of the Simpsons for CCD
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Steve Jobs wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:34 pm

Whats the monkey for, do you have some football odds making scheme cooking there?

We thought he would help about the house. If he went to the Liquor Outlet for me as opposed to me driving, I wouldn't have got into a fight with my lamp.
Very depressed. The military base is fun, but the men in the white plastic suits keep sticking needles into me. What a crazy spring!
Last edited by Dr_Phibes on Mon May 01, 2023 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:08 am ]

I don't think there is any real order to it.
This is what the flag looked like before Hawaii and Alaska were added...

This is how it looks now...

Always wondered about that. I think the thirteen colonies had some sort of order, but after the terrorist uprising of 1776 things changed. If I were from Iowa, could I point to a star and say 'Iowa, second row. Third from the right.'
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Softball Bat wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:11 am
d-town wrote:Got family coming into visit later this week. My oldest son, 14, is getting confirmed in the Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod) on Saturday.
I was confirmed in the Lutheran Church - ELCA, not Missouri Synod like d-town though, so we at least were allowed to dance 8) .

I would've preferred to sleep late on Sundays.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Not surprised that a stupid tard like you believed in and old man in a cloud.
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Better than believing in the sanctity of a dildo.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Except that’s not a thing, you just made it up.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Lotta Lutherans running amok in here. I got in trouble during confirmation school for tossing communion wafers around our classroom. Luckily my partner in this rebellious act was the pastor’s son.

Missouri Synod here, too. Thing is, though, I just went thru the motions. Never bought the God thing. Soon as I was old enough to tell my dad that I was done with church, the facade came to an end. I had good friends there and we had a really decent man for a pastor, but it was never something I bought into.

Phibes, careful with the chemicals at your age.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Covid day 9...

Throat and ear problems are now 85% cleared up -- no new meds were taken.
I took meds for 4 days after I tested positive.

Had some lingering stomach issues, but they are fading away now.
Still a bit weak.
Will need to regain strength, but unless there is a setback of some sort, I should be near 100% in a few days.

I don't want to get Covid again.

Not good.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Softball Bat wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:13 am Covid day 9...

Still a bit weak.
Will need to regain strength, but unless there is a setback of some sort, I should be near 100% in a few days.

Not good.
Hope you’re feeling 100% well soon.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Thank you, Sam!
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

poptart wrote:Covid day 9...

Still a bit weak.

Not good.
I've got Covid again.

Day 3?, I guess.

Seven of us (family) have been together in a relatively small house since well before Christmas.
Will be together until the 2nd week in January.

Two of us now have Covid, three of us have had some other sort of respiratory sickness.
My wife, the most fragile among us, has stayed clear of illness so far.
Hope it stay that way for her.
Sudden Sam
Official T1B Gigolo

Post by Sudden Sam »

Sorry to hear that, pop.

Hang tough. Keep the wife safe. Ride it out. Come back stronger.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

My wife just got over it, her parents have it. Not sure how I was spared. Hope it’s mild, ‘tart.
"I see everything twice!"
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Thanks, Sam, Smackie.

This Covid is more "mild" than what I had in April, but still not fun.

Have a splendid weekend!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:10 pm Thanks, Sam, Smackie.

This Covid is more "mild" than what I had in April, but still not fun.

Have a splendid weekend!
Could this be long-haul Covid?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

I doubt it.

Another person in the house was sick, and tested positive for Covid, a couple days before I started to feel sick.
When I started to feel sick, I tested, and came out positive.

Seems it was passed to me.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:35 pm I've got Covid again.

Day 3?, I guess.

Seven of us (family) have been together in a relatively small house since well before Christmas.
Will be together until the 2nd week in January.

Two of us now have Covid, three of us have had some other sort of respiratory sickness.
My wife, the most fragile among us, has stayed clear of illness so far.
Hope it stay that way for her.
Feel better soon, friend. Let me know if you need me to do 3BB for the week.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Biggie
The Great Illuminator

Post by Biggie »

No God no