St Jude -- call it

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

St Jude -- call it

Post by Dinsdale »

Remember, you don't have to have your official prediction in until monday morning.

We're all winners here.

BUT, my pre-start prediction is....

Ben Crane, since Jake isn't playing.

Sergio isn't playing-btw.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Nicklaus....Naaaaahhh

Toms-->3-Peat
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: St Jude -- call it

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:Remember, you don't have to have your official prediction in until monday morning.
So if I submit my pick Sunday night, would that fall within the bounds of what's decent and morally right?

Justin Leonard looks good, but of course that's subject to change at my discretion......
get out, get out while there's still time
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

I'm going to go with Sergio.

Or Justin Leonard
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Otis wrote:
Or Justin Leonard
To iterate my Friday afternoon thoughts--Leonard will definitely win.
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Ben Crane is going to storm from behind, just like Jake at the Senior PGA.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

After careful consideration, I'm picking Justin Leonard to win, David Toms to place and Fred Funk to show.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the finish to the Senior PGA was wild. Mike Reid comes from 6 down at the turn and *3 back* with an eagle on the final hole to make the playoff (nice 3 jack Pate)......and win.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Holiday weekend means you get until tonight to get your picks in.

I'm going with Justin Leonard. And I've got a strange feeling that Toms might make an insane run at him down the stretch.

And the Senior PGA was sick. Pate Van de Velde was EPIC!!!! I'm a weekend hack -- I'm allowed to putt like that(sup yesterday). A professional is not.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

amazingly, and i have no explanation for it, i watched the entire back 9 of the Senior PGA. but, there were multiple melts.

Dana Quigley melted, and then Pate melted (blamed it on his caddie), and then Quigley melted (didn't blame it on his caddie), and then Pate melted again. and Reid wins.

Pate missed two putts to 1. win the tournament or 2. extend the playoff. they were ugly jabs at the ball.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:(blamed it on his caddie)
As an aside, is that Barclay Open ad not the best commercial ever? I laugh and sing along every time.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Quigley who put one in the water in the playoff?

That was the WORST club selection I've ever seen. I thnik he played a low-loft hybrid(or as the announcers called it, "that rescue club thing." Nice to see they have announcers that know very little about golf), from 202(?) yards out.

Hello? That "rescue club thing" took off with all of the trajectory you'd expect from a "cooned" 2-iron. Even if it had carried the water, there's no way in hell it wasn't going to roll 50 yards off the back of the green. Stupid stupid stupid. You can't tell me dude couldn't get a 5 or a 6 there, and unlike the hybrid, actually get some loft and get it to stop on the green?

Dude's caddie should have slapped him silly when he melted beyond recognition and asked for that club. Should have thrown the freaking club in the water to save him from himself.

Just horrible club selection. Horrible.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Dinsdale wrote:
King Crimson wrote:(blamed it on his caddie)
As an aside, is that Barclay Open ad not the best commercial ever? I laugh and sing along every time.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that Quigley who put one in the water in the playoff?

That was the WORST club selection I've ever seen. I thnik he played a low-loft hybrid(or as the announcers called it, "that rescue club thing." Nice to see they have announcers that know very little about golf), from 202(?) yards out.

Hello? That "rescue club thing" took off with all of the trajectory you'd expect from a "cooned" 2-iron. Even if it had carried the water, there's no way in hell it wasn't going to roll 50 yards off the back of the green. Stupid stupid stupid. You can't tell me dude couldn't get a 5 or a 6 there, and unlike the hybrid, actually get some loft and get it to stop on the green?

Dude's caddie should have slapped him silly when he melted beyond recognition and asked for that club. Should have thrown the freaking club in the water to save him from himself.

Just horrible club selection. Horrible.
yer exactly right. i deleted a little brief opinion on that Quigley shot from my previous post. that shot was never over 40 feet off the ground--and Miller and that other guy were saying it was 3 feet from being "perfect". like you say, that mofo was chasing gallery if it made solid land.

that shot was dying from the get-go. I mean when the network camera has to refocus downward and you start seeing trees instead of blue sky til they find the ball?

i was pulling for Quigley until he gagged twice, too (like Pate).