Pat Tillman

The best of the best
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Pat Tillman

Post by Gunslinger »

This reeks of Jessica Lynch.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4574983.stm

I love it when our media is ran like Saddam's. Our media sucks ass and is failing us.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

media? whatever, the gov't fed it a line of bullshit and the media reported it. to blame the media for this instead of the bush adminstration, trying to cover its ass over exploiting its poster boy for patriotism, is retarded.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

Slinger,

You buy too much into the liberal news outlets......

A suggestion : http://www.reuters.com

Get all sides of the story before you base an opinion......

Pat Tillman was a straight up patriot....No one in the Army was impressed by "who he was"....Dude had sack and did his job & that Ranger was in the wrong place at the right time.....
The only right answer to a fool is silence
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Screw_Michigan wrote:media? whatever, the gov't fed it a line of bullshit and the media reported it. to blame the media for this instead of the bush adminstration, trying to cover its ass over exploiting its poster boy for patriotism, is retarded.

Bush controls the media?

Seems like someone needs to buy a clue Sherlock.....
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

ADAM wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:media? whatever, the gov't fed it a line of bullshit and the media reported it. to blame the media for this instead of the bush adminstration, trying to cover its ass over exploiting its poster boy for patriotism, is retarded.

Bush controls the media?

Seems like someone needs to buy a clue Sherlock.....
yep, it was the media who made up the pat tillman coverup. :roll: they had huge incentive to make a huge fuckup look good for the government. :roll:
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Seems to me E-5 Tillman was killed by fratracide....

Arguing with you liberal Dems is like pounding dirt..

Christ, I'm a moderate Republican ta boot.......
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

ADAM wrote:A suggestion : http://www.reuters.com
:lol: :lol:

Sure. Reuters. You do know that they are French-based, right?

Or did I misplace you for some other tard dissing France?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Both of you are making no points at all.

ADAM:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,157321,00.html

I get the story and I saw our media suck the white American Idol ignorance dick with the Jessica Lynch story while several men, hispanics and blacks were actually tortured. The same media that is focussing on bullshit stories about kidnapped white girls when men and minorities have their own problems and their is a whole world out there.

ScrewMichigan: The government can say it, but we have a freedom of press in this country and its up to our media to question it. You know that whole WMD's thing?

I the average person knew Saddam didn't have them, yet the government didn't and our media did nothing to question a damn thing. Now we have a corporate controlled media funded by the businesses that send their employees to rule our country. Our media does nothing to expose this. etc, etc, etc,
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

Just curious. Does any major news outlet bother to check the facts of a story before they run it anymore? Apparently not. Apparently they'll run with whatever bullshit anybody tells them if it sounds good.

Memo to fishhack/TV hack/whatever hack: Blaming the government (or any other source) for the bullshit you ran because you didn't factcheck it first is just weak. It is not your source's job to be your factchecker. That's your job, pinhead. Do your job and you reduce your chances of looking like this as your source screws you in the ass, to the cheers and jeers of your reading/viewing/listening public:

:shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops: :shock: :oops:
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

ADAM wrote:Seems to me E-5 Tillman was killed by fratracide....

What? They send you a fucking check?

I am neither and will never claim to be. Democrats and Republicans serve me. It just so happens Republicans are the biggest idiots. You know, I can say that jihad muslims are even bigger idiots than republicans, but republicans are biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fucking idiots.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

Rich Fader wrote:Just curious. Does any major news outlet bother to check the facts of a story before they run it anymore? Apparently not. Apparently they'll run with whatever bullshit anybody tells them if it sounds good.
Exactly.

Sincerely,

Michael Isikoff

Same Dude who broke Clinton's Lewinsky scandal.

You may tard off now.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Rich Fader wrote:Just curious. Does any major news outlet bother to check the facts of a story before they run it anymore? Apparently not. Apparently they'll run with whatever bullshit anybody tells them if it sounds good.

Memo to fishhack/TV hack/whatever hack: Blaming the government (or any other source) for the bullshit you ran because you didn't factcheck it first is just weak. It is not your source's job to be your factchecker. That's your job, pinhead. Do your job and you reduce your chances of looking like this as your source screws you in the ass, to the cheers and jeers of your reading/viewing/listening public:

I'm not one for being longwinded......Fucking Fader gets' it.......!!!!!!!

RACK him for having the patience to type what I did not have the patience to type..........

Stupid Fucks!
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

By the way, isn't it Tillman's family who is speaking out?

Oh wait, it must be "the media," making shit up again.

:roll:
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

ADAM wrote:

I'm not one for being longwinded......Fucking Fader gets' it.......!!!!!!!

RACK him for having the patience to type what I did not have the patience to type..........

Stupid Fucks!
Sure, but what does this have to do with my post or with how terrible the media is upon questioning things. Fuck! Newsweek acted like a bunch of bitches this week and retracted their story, then followed up with behind the back proof of about a hundred sources.
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

Gunslinger wrote:
ADAM wrote:Seems to me E-5 Tillman was killed by fratracide....

I am neither and will never claim to be. Democrats and Republicans serve me. It just so happens Republicans are the biggest idiots. You know, I can say that jihad muslims are even bigger idiots than republicans, but republicans are biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig fucking idiots.

You may be able to read Slinger, but we all know you don't comprehend too well.........
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

ADAM wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
ADAM wrote:

You may be able to read Slinger, but we all know you don't comprehend too well.........
Neither can you, maybe I should have edited it.
ADAM

Post by ADAM »

RF,

I only used reuters as an example.....I find it far more useful to get my news from many sources
& come up with my own opinion as opposed to one source feeding bullshit like I'm some hungry fucking fish ready for the bait to be dropped in the water.............

I expected you to understand this concept.....
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

ADAM wrote:RF,

I only used reuters as an example.....I find it far more useful to get my news from many sources
& come up with my own opinion as opposed to one source feeding bullshit like I'm some hungry fucking fish ready for the bait to be dropped in the water.............

I expected you to understand this concept.....
ADAM, you don't seem to "get" a lot of things, but that's ok, given that you are a dumbshit liar who's had "his" ass kicked around so many times and in so many ways, that Maria Sharapova could more easily carve her name with tennis balls into your cavernous colon than she could lob the ball over the net.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Does any major news outlet bother to check the facts of a story before they run it anymore? Apparently not. Apparently they'll run with whatever bullshit anybody tells them if it sounds good.
They don't run with what they think sounds good...they run with what they want to be true.

Dan Rather. Didn't matter that the memos were fake and he knew it. He and CBS wanted it to be true so they ran the story.

Eason Jordan at CNN. Didn't matter that US troops don't target journalists. He wanted it to be true.

Newsweek. Didn't matter that they had a single uncorroborated source who refused to provide any documentation of his allegation and despite the report of an investigation of similar charges was due in mere days. They wanted it to be true.

The mainstream media runs with what they want to be true. And what they want to be true is that America is the real enemy of the world.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

zeers. the media is lazy and will report any petty little crap that is fully offered to them. they will rush to report it if they can in turn sign one of the participants to a book deal with a sister company.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

DrDetroit wrote:
Does any major news outlet bother to check the facts of a story before they run it anymore? Apparently not. Apparently they'll run with whatever bullshit anybody tells them if it sounds good.
They don't run with what they think sounds good...they run with what they want to be true.

Dan Rather. Didn't matter that the memos were fake and he knew it. He and CBS wanted it to be true so they ran the story.

Eason Jordan at CNN. Didn't matter that US troops don't target journalists. He wanted it to be true.

Newsweek. Didn't matter that they had a single uncorroborated source who refused to provide any documentation of his allegation and despite the report of an investigation of similar charges was due in mere days. They wanted it to be true.

The mainstream media runs with what they want to be true. And what they want to be true is that America is the real enemy of the world.
That (do some research into Newsweek, dumbfuck) and the rest of your ilk are what ruin this country. Everytime you regurgitate is shit. To be fair, you would be calling not just for Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc to be pulled from the TV but to be arrested.

R-Jack:

I had the same info as you, the fact that our government nor any other government could come up with any evidence of WMD's and any evidence of a cover up. In fact other countries around the world were saying "the US is making shit up" and they gave their evidence.
Last edited by Gunslinger on Wed May 25, 2005 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

The mainstream media has no incentive to be creditable. It is several sets of intentions removed from "journalism".

If one is actually interested in journalism, it's available.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Gunslinger wrote: That (do some research into Newsweek, dumbfuck)
Why research Newsweek?
and the rest of your ilk are what ruin this country.

Make sense will you...
Everytime you regurgitate is shit.

What? Make sense, much?

What am I regurgitation.
To be fair, you would be calling not just for Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc to be pulled from the TV but to be arrested.
How so?

Care to explain how I am calling for Rush and Hannity to yanked off the air and arrested??

Idiot.
R-Jack:

I had the same info as you, the fact that our government nor any other government could come up with any evidence of WMD's and any evidence of a cover up. In fact other countries around the world were saying "the US is making shit up" and they gave their evidence.
First, you're a POS anti-American who should be shot.

Second, the intelligence estimates were there and the conclusion drawn. The US analysis and conclsuions were substantially the same as Britain, France, Germany, and Russia. Except for that Germany thought that Iraq was much closer to nuclear weapons.

Third, what countries presented their evidence that the intelligence agencies of France, Germany, Russia, UK, and US were "making shit up?"

Lie, much, loser?
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

DrDetroit wrote: What? Make sense, much?

What am I regurgitation.
Dins says you don't have a sense of humor, you just proved him wrong because that is some funny shit.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

"These 'rules of the game' permit Washington officials to set the agenda for journalism, leaving the press all too often simply to recount what officials say instead of subjecting their words and deeds to critical scrutiny. Instead of acting as filters for readers and viewers, sifting the truth from the propaganda, reporters and anchors attentively transcribe both sides of the spin, invariably failing to provide context, background or any sense of which claims hold up and which are misleading."

"I decided long ago that this wasn't healthy for democracy. I came to see that 'news is what people want to keep hidden and everything else is publicity."

"Objectivity is not satisfied by two opposing people offering competing opinions, leaving the viewer to split the difference. I came to believe that objective journalism means describing the object being reported on, including the little fibs and fantasies as well as the Big Lie of the people in power. In no way does this permit journalists to make accusations and allegations. It means, instead, making sure that your reporting and your conclusions can be nailed to the post with confirming evidence. This is always hard to do, but it has never been harder than today."

-Bill Moyers
Source: http://www.madison.com/archives/read.ph ... :EDITORIAL
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:

What am I regurgitation.
Dins says you don't have a sense of humor, you just proved him wrong because that is some funny shit.
Regurgitation rather than regurgitating...yep, funny shit.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Bill Moyer is the perfect example of what's wrong with the mainstream media...
leaving the press all too often simply to recount what officials say instead of subjecting their words and deeds to critical scrutiny.
It's not the job of a journalists to criticially scrutinize the statements or arguments of anyone. They are journalists and their job is to simply recount what happened, what was said, and the when and where.
Instead of acting as filters for readers and viewers, sifting the truth from the propaganda, reporters and anchors attentively transcribe both sides of the spin, invariably failing to provide context, background or any sense of which claims hold up and which are misleading."

That's because journalists are not political scientists, economists, public administrators, program evaluators, etc. They have no training that would prepare them to act as a filter to determine which claims hold up or are misleading.

When journalists do that we get people like Dana Milbank whose personal views influence the story and only add more spin.
Objectivity is not satisfied by two opposing people offering competing opinions, leaving the viewer to split the difference.

What an arrogant ass. Readers/viewers do not merely split the difference in that scenario. They apply their reason, judgment, values, principles to draw a conclusion. People split the difference when the journalists editorializes and simply cannot trust what is being written and is only left with suspicion, at best.
I came to believe that objective journalism means describing the object being reported on, including the little fibs and fantasies as well as the Big Lie of the people in power.
Of course, to paternally arrogant liberal creeps like Moyers only journalists are the honest people. The rest of us liars who intend only on misleading others.
In no way does this permit journalists to make accusations and allegations.
Yet this is what they do when they attempt to ferret out fibs and lies, :roll: .

Nice work, Fester...Moyers just demonstrated everything that is wrong with journalists today...they should do they job of reporting and leave the analysis to the reader/viewer.
Uncle Fester
The Man broke me chain

Post by Uncle Fester »

they should do they job of reporting...
-what is told to them by shills, speechwriters, spokespersons, spin artists, etc.
-and leave the analysis to Rush, Hannity, et al.
ftfy.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

No surprise that Fester is a flaming pointy-headed liberal...the same paternal arrogance as Moyers.

You're part of the problem.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Bill Moyer provides perfect examples of what's wrong with the mainstream media...
ftfy
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

PSUFAN wrote:
Bill Moyer provides perfect examples of what's wrong with the mainstream media...
ftfy
No, Bill Moyers attitude is the perfect example of what's wrong with the mainstream media. His attitude is held by the majority of mainstream journalists who believe that it is their job to ferret out the "truth."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:No, Bill Moyers attitude is the perfect example of what's wrong with the mainstream media. His attitude is held by the majority of mainstream journalists who believe that it is their job to ferret out the "truth."
I hardly find it surprising that you would have a problem with truth.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
DrDetroit
I Punk Liberals all day

Post by DrDetroit »

Notice that I put quotes around the word "truth," B...that was intentional.

Their idea of "truth" is irrelevant.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

DrDetroit wrote:Notice that I put quotes around the word "truth," B...that was intentional. Their idea of "truth" is irrelevant.
Yea, I noticed you had a problem with truth.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

DrDetroit wrote:
The Whistle Is Screaming wrote:

What am I regurgitation.
Regurgitation rather than regurgitating...yep, funny shit.
Irony dude, and yes it is "funny shit".
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

DrDetroit wrote:His attitude is held by the majority of mainstream journalists who believe that it is their job to ferret out the "truth."
Sounds horrible.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

DrDetroit wrote:
Gunslinger wrote: That (do some research into Newsweek, dumbfuck)
Why research Newsweek?
and the rest of your ilk are what ruin this country.

Make sense will you...
Everytime you regurgitate is shit.

What? Make sense, much?

What am I regurgitation.
To be fair, you would be calling not just for Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc to be pulled from the TV but to be arrested.
How so?

Care to explain how I am calling for Rush and Hannity to yanked off the air and arrested??

Idiot.
R-Jack:

First, you're a POS anti-American who should be shot.

Second, the intelligence estimates were there and the conclusion drawn. The US analysis and conclsuions were substantially the same as Britain, France, Germany, and Russia. Except for that Germany thought that Iraq was much closer to nuclear weapons.

Third, what countries presented their evidence that the intelligence agencies of France, Germany, Russia, UK, and US were "making shit up?"

Lie, much, loser?
You failed every grade and the teachers hated you and passed you along.

I already know your people are ignorant and I'm asking the media to shut you up. Not debate or take you seriously, but to ignore you. You are ignorant.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

What's this I hear about Dr DeTalkingPoints having a problem with the truth?

...which one is the 'confused' smiley, again?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Those two bastards Woodward & Bernstein should have just reported what I said instead of scrutinizing my statements. I would have been truthful!

Sin,
RMN
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Gunslinger
Sir Slappy Tits

Post by Gunslinger »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Those two bastards Woodward & Bernstein should have just reported what I said instead of scrutinizing my statements. I would have been truthful!

Sin,
RMN
They were traitors!!

Sin,
That guy who has wasted over 5 years of his life arguing "an agenda" on a message board.