I invented a genius sammich/sub topping

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

I invented a genius sammich/sub topping

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

Simple....yet so easy. You see many sub shops that offer cucumber slices. That's boring. We all know that the cucumber offers little taste. But if you slice them up and put them in some vinegar for about 30 minutes, you have a great topping. It's like a pickle, except fresher and crunchier and not as overpowering. It's better than the regular cucumber slices beacuse it has more flavor. Put about four of these slices on a sammich with toasted/burned wheat bread, turkey slices, provolone, and mayo with pepper, and that's all you need.

Oh, and butter the inside of the bread after you toast it. Explain to me why Subway or any other chain or even any local joint doesn't offer a vinegar-soaked cucumber? Rack me.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Simply an outstanding effort.

A well thought out prose on the pickle.

You sir are a genius and this thread would make a worthy addition to the Cooking fourm
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

don't forget to sprinkle some pepper into the vinegar mix.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

big fan of taking cucumber slices and marinating them in a mason jar of italian dressing and some white wine with cheese and crackers and dinsdale on instant messager makes for quite the u@l experience.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Variable
Untitled

Post by Variable »

I've done something similar, except I put a pinch of salt, pinch of sugar and pinch of italian herbs. You're right though...they kick ass on a sammich.