Absolutely Perfect

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Absolutely Perfect

Post by Mikey »

...version of Scarlet > Fire.

From the legendary 5/8/77 show at Cornell (my 22nd b'day, BTW).

Those of you who get it will..get it.
Those of you who don't...won't. Too bad.

At a little over 20 minutes it was just right for the last 5K or so of my 16.5K rowing session last night.

Followed on the disc by an equally perfect version of Estimated Prophet.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Re: Absolutely Perfect

Post by Left Seater »

Put me down for the I don’t get it. But who cares. Music like alcohol shouldn’t be argued over. Consume what you like and let others consume what they like.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
The Big Pickle
Nubian Pole Sitter

Post by The Big Pickle »

Hey Lefty...it's really simple.

HIPPIES SUCKS!

The Grateful Red sucks!

Pot smoking faggots are pole sukkkers!

Hey Mikey...Off this shit troll!
Read More...Post Less!
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Not a huge Dead fan,went to a couple concerts mostly to see the hippie women dance topless. My tastes in music are a bit more upbeat than most Dead stuff.

In my heavy travel days in the consulting business, a lot of my work was Midwest/Midsouth, some East Coast. My normal routine was to finish up the gigs by 3 pm, and be at the airport leaving by 5 pm. Used to fly TWA a lot, hub was St Louis. My connections would put me in St Louis, enough time to knock back a couple drinks, get on my PDX flight, pop on the headphones with about 3 hours of the Dead, and kick back and next thing I knew we were descending into Portland. Good for that at least.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
The Whistle Is Screaming
Left-handed monkey wrench

Post by The Whistle Is Screaming »

Mikey wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:05 pm ...version of Scarlet > Fire.

From the legendary 5/8/77 show at Cornell (my 22nd b'day, BTW).

Those of you who get it will..get it.
Those of you who don't...won't. Too bad.

At a little over 20 minutes it was just right for the last 5K or so of my 16.5K rowing session last night.

Followed on the disc by an equally perfect version of Estimated Prophet.
Yup...one of the best shows ever, don't bother debating this. That spring whole tour is/was amazing.

Friend of mine was at the show, but didn't appreciate it for what it was at the time.

Went to Ithaca for the 40th anniversary of the show, they had a "thing" at the State Theater in downtown. Wish they could have opened Barton for it.
Ingse Bodil wrote:rich jews aren't the same as real jews, though, right?
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

Perfection.
Meat loaf live in Frankfurt Germany.
Karla Devito is hot as fuck.
Meat is a sweaty demonic crazed lunatic engulfed in the flames from the very pits of hell.https://youtu.be/Nv4yLDLmtOQ[/youtube]
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

schmick wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm 37 seconds.
Was all I could take
You must not like satanic imagery. Go figure.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

https://youtu.be/CGbju948JWE[/youtube]
Patti Russo
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

https://youtu.be/_A9oOTope8k[/youtube]
Meat and Patti.
EAP
Mr. USA

Post by EAP »

schmick wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:15 pm
EAP wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:01 pm
schmick wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 pm 37 seconds.
Was all I could take
You must not like satanic imagery. Go figure.
Looks more like a Santa Fe tapestry but the video was over 20 minutes long and the almost 40.secinds that started it didnt warrant me watching/listening to any more of it
Santa Fe????
Bat out of hell is demonic.
Meat has that look of a crazed killer emerging from the pits of hell on a bike engulfed by flames.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm Not a huge Dead fan,went to a couple concerts mostly to see the hippie women dance topless. My tastes in music are a bit more upbeat than most Dead stuff.

In my heavy travel days in the consulting business, a lot of my work was Midwest/Midsouth, some East Coast. My normal routine was to finish up the gigs by 3 pm, and be at the airport leaving by 5 pm. Used to fly TWA a lot, hub was St Louis. My connections would put me in St Louis, enough time to knock back a couple drinks, get on my PDX flight, pop on the headphones with about 3 hours of the Dead, and kick back and next thing I knew we were descending into Portland. Good for that at least.
I was a huge Deadhead, starting in about 1972, Junior/Senior in HS. Must have seen them at least a dozen times in the 70s including the last three nights of a five night run at Winterland in October of 1974, which was supposed to be their last shows...evah (though nobody really believed that). The took a couple of years off anyway. I used to have a ticket from Ticketron that has "The Last One" stamped on it. Don't know whatever happened to that. Last show I saw was in 1995 in Las Vegas shortly before Jerry kicked the bucket. Dave Matthews opened that show.

Even then, though, my tastes were pretty eclectic. I was very much into "fusion" jazz - Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Weather Report, etc. Also Van Morrison, Chicago, Santana, Tower of Power, CSN&Y, Joni Mitchell, Zappa,The Band, The Crusaders, Yes, ELP, Floyd, etc, etc, etc.

I've pretty much put the Dead on the shelf for the most part these days, but break it out occasionally when I'm in the mood. The wife is not really into it. Stuff I listen to now depends a lot on what I'm doing. Not too much "classic rock" these days. I sort of go through phases. For my workouts on the rowing machine it's mostly live and has to be pretty loud to take my mind off the boredom of pulling on a rope for an hour or more. A lot of ABB, SRV, Van Morrison's live album from the 70s, the Blasters... Pulled out the Dead for my workout last night and it was perfect at the time.

For cooking (which I do a lot of) it's mostly jazz. A lot of old stuff from hard bop and later. Monk, Coltrane, Miles, plus a lot of the early 70s fusion stuff. Still into Chick Corea and RTF, Herbie Hancock, Weather Report. Also some more recent stuff like Snarky Puppy. I listen to Marcus Miller's 360 degrees of jazz a lot on Sirius XM.

For driving I'm usually just listening to BB King Bluesville on Sirius XM.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fucking millenials...
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Ok boomer.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.