5. Oregon

6. Oregon State

The South

1. Nobody Cares

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Pac 12 Week 1 Power Rankings

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Pac 12 is definitely one of the more solid "mid major" conferences out there. Right now in the MGO POWER INDEX I've got them at second right behind the AAC, but they could surge ahead to the top spot with a strong showing in Week 2.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Sudden Sam wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:32 pm 1. Washington

2. Oregon

3. Stanford

4. Washington State

5. Cal

6. Oregon St

FTFY

You don’t watch CFB, do you?

You obviously don't.

You have Oregon at #2 and they just lost to a shit team in Allbarn. The sec has only one good team. Hell, the sec's 2nd best team (Georgia) got CRUSHED by Texas... a team that Cal just recently swept in two straight games.

Sudden Sam wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:16 pm Seriously, losing to Cal had to be the low point for a once proud program.

You mean the school with the best team in College Football history (The Wonder Team) ?

The 1919 freshmen team went 11-1 and became the core of next year's varsity squad, to be known as the "Wonder Team." The 1920 Golden Bears team won all 9 games, outscored their opponents, 510 to 14, and capped off the season by defeating Ohio State in the Tournament of Roses East-West Game (now known as the Rose Bowl) 28–0. The NCAA has officially recognized them as the national champion of that season, the first from the Pacific Coast.[1]

During an incredible five-season span from 1920 to 1924, the "Wonder Teams" went undefeated, running up a record of 44 wins, 0 losses.

Even though the two had never met during the Roaring Twenties, Smith's "Wonder Teams" are thought to rival Knute Rockne's Notre Dame teams. Furthermore, when in 1960 the Helms Athletic Foundation considered both the Wonder Teams and the Four Horsemen among others, it crowned the 1920 Cal Bears as the greatest football team in American history.

Learn about College Football... before you open your mouth again and make me, make you, look the fool.

the truth
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:04 pm The Pac 12 is definitely one of the more solid "mid major" conferences out there. Right now in the MGO POWER INDEX I've got them at second right behind the AAC, but they could surge ahead to the top spot with a strong showing in Week 2.

Oh yeah, Cal swept you as well.

The first time... you were ranked top 10 in the country... and Cal bitch slapped you in your own house 46-22.

Good times.

Then you came to Strawberry Canyon for revenge and round 2... and learned about Cal speed and dominance when playing the "weaker" conferences.

the truth
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Does this board have mods anymore ?

If so, a certain someone should be banned from this forum.

It's the 2nd time he's pulled this shit in the last week.
Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Hey stool sample....I'm asking this question for a friend because obviously nobody has the CFB knowledge that you do. In the last 50 years how many national championships does Cal have? How many top 10 finishes do they have. Being that they're the greatest CFB team in the history of mankind I figure the number would be pretty high.