So Dins...

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Re: So Dins...

Post by FiatLux »

Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:38 am Oregon Cucks

Damn PAC12. Y’all had your chance to knock off an SEC team picked to finish 4th in its division. A nice lead. A QB having a very good night. A real defense for a change. And you couldn’t get it done. Malzahn lets a freshman QB throw when Auburn’s already in FG range. And the kid beat you.

WTF?!

Ummm... Whoregon will be lucky to be 4th in the North.

I'll be in Mississippi in a month... and you'll see what a real defense is like.

Hell, I can't remember the last time Cal lost to a team from the south or the Sec.
Last edited by FiatLux on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Hey, OC Marcus Arroyo (who us fans wanted gone after his first year, last year) -- when you take a Ferrari out for a spin, it's cool to shift it out of second gear every once in a while. Sure, the Auburn DBs were on receivers like M2 on cocks, but take a poke every once in a while. I'm no coach, but when facing press coverage at the LOS, bunch the receivers... idiot.

Props to Auburn coaching for identifying and eventually exploiting the weak link in the secondary. Nix accuracy was shit, but he'll get better. 2 years from now, he might well be the best player -- very elusive. AU also made an adjustment and started staying away from the guy who is the FBS active leader in tackles (Troy Dye), which has been the key to scoring on Oregon for the last 3 seasons (I was at a bar, and we were laughing at them running towards Dye, which wasn't going well for them. Every PAC team knows this).

But homeristic heartbreak aside,and strictly as a football fan -- the "best O-Line vs Best D-Line in the country" battle didn't disappoint. Thatwas a bunch of fucking animals going at it in the trenches. Some dudes are going to be sore tomorrow.

And now that I'm old(ish), at least I get the relief of the first loss early, instead of waiting weeks for the other shoe to drop.
Sudden Sam wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:38 am
Damn PAC12.
The Mighty SEC had a pretty miserable day themselves. Ducks could have made it much worse.

And BTW -- MICHAEL DYER WAS DOWN.

Fuck off.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

FiatLux wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:50 am
Ummm... Whoregon will be lucky to be 4th in the North.
So, only ahead of Sheepfuck and... Kal?

Hell, I can't remember the last time Cal lost to a team from the south or the Sec.
Because you've only played 3 in the last 30 years.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Hmmmm...

Just off the top of the head.

Tennessee... North Carolina twice... Ole Miss... and swept Texas two in a row over the last few years.

Amimissing something?

Ole Miss in their own house... In a month will make it 7 in a row.

Try and keep up.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dinsdale wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 amthe "best O-Line vs Best D-Line in the country" battle

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Dinsdale wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 amthe "best O-Line vs Best D-Line in the country" battle

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm

We ripped their souls out.

Tennessee's record after Cal destroyed the Vols.

the truth
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Big 12 , 10-0 opening week of college football.

BIG12! BIG12! BIG12!!

has anyone secured "Big12BallSuckingHomer" Yet??

if not pencil me in as THAT guy. :oops:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Stanford didn't look particularly impressive while beating Northwestern 17-7. But they did beat a solid B1G team, which won their division last year and were supposed to be stronger this year. Stanford moved the ball well in the first half without scoring many points, totally dominating TOP by something like 2-1 over the whole game. Costello passed for more than 150 yards on 16-20 in the first half before going down from a cheap shot late hit that should have been cause for ejection. They also rushed for 132 yards against what was supposed to be one of the top defenses in the country, which is probably more than they put up in any game last year.

The offense will come around. The most impressive performance was by the defense, which was horrendous last year but held Northwestern to 7 points and 210 total yards, and forced four turnovers, including one for a touchdown with less than a minute to go in the 4th. They had good pressure on the QB all day and ended up with 3 sacks and only 2.8 YPC on the ground.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/m ... =401112245

Next up is USC. Costello is questionable but Davis Mills should be a capable fill-in if needed. Should be interesting with JT Daniels out for the season. SC will be starting a true freshman at QB. Then they have UCF, Oregon, Oregon State and Washington. If Stanford can somehow come out of this early stretch with one or fewer losses, they should be considered to 10 material.