Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Sparty's New "Alternate" Unis

Post by Mikey »

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Sparty's New "Alternate" Unis

Post by L45B »

Mikey wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 pm This would make Dinsdale proud...
Or anyone who is color blind for that matter.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Some schools, Texas is one, have let the players design the practice uniforms. The players spend far more time in them than the game uniforms and it keeps the players happy. Not screwing the traditional game uniform keeps the alums happy.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:34 pm This would make Dinsdale proud...
I suppose in that the mega-entity that I grew up down the street from manipulates certain other entities, sure.

But rotating uniforms are the hallmark of ONE team, the rest are bandwagoners.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

They're horrific, but seems like every school rolls out some wack alternate uni these days. I just wish teams would stick to their actual school colors. Wild concept, I know. But as long as these things stay as a yearly "one-off," I'm okay with it. I know there are a few holdouts left like Bama, Penn State, LSU, etc, but they will all turn eventually. It's inevitable.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

those ARE pretty shit.

i hear what you are saying, Sam. i don't think pride is lacking at Oklahoma.

Oklahoma for the last half decade has worn these Nike redesigns one home and one roadie per season that are kinda acceptable in some combos. doesn't bother me like it used to. I actually kind of like the white helmet version. though, they do look a lot more like Nebraska's old school helmet with an OU than NU i have to say, with the stripe. but, Wilkinson had a stripe on a white helmet so we're covered.

it's the shit metallic "crimson" pants and helmet that seem crap, to me.

I'm 51 and i think i'm about on the cusp of people who give a shit about it.

they did do this Nike Combat thing at Texas Tech one year that was horrible. and Stoops/Venables got their ass kicked by Leach in Lubbock. figures.

i actually don't like the Nike re-do of the "Sooners" script (in the style of all the Nike stuff, Jordan Elite or whatever) on the traditional uniform and a slightly more "squat" OU logo on the helmet (to meet the new helmet contours) of last year....it's not the trademark "OU" block logo as we call it.....more than the alt jerseys.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Ohio State is supposedly wearing their Nike combat all black jerseys (and helmet) against Michigan State this year.

Might as well steal Sparty’s neon green “STATE” idea and plaster it on the front of OSU’s jerseys for that game, while in the spirit of not giving a flying fuck about school colors and tradition and all. :meds:
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:19 am I know there are a few holdouts left like Bama,

You obviously didn't read my thread on the main board.

Alabama was the original "Oregon".

the truth
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Next up from Nike:

tOSU black unis with THE splashed across the front.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Maybe Alabama will go back to their original uniforms... ?

Alabama's Johnny Musso (22) struggles over the line to earn 1-yard touchdown over Mississippi at Legion Field on Oct. 4, 1969.

Speaking of Ole Miss... I'll be wandering "The Grove" in a month or so. Staying in Memphis.

This video inspired me back in the day when it first came out... I'm not going to miss this shit for the world !

Is Mississippi ready for the truth ?