2019 preseason top 25

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: 2019 preseason top 25

Post by King Crimson »

pac people seem a lot higher on UO...like a playoff team. but, i'm not that high on the pac. in general.

i think Oklahoma is a 10 win team. i like Hurts though at some point i want to see a recruited kid play QB for the Sooners.....(that kid's name is Spencer Rattler, they say).....and a new DC but i don't see Jalen making the kind of "throws" Mayfield and Murray have for the last 3 years or so...on 3rd and whatever. Riley is great so far but that is real luxury to have. makes you look pretty smart calling plays. Oklahoma also loses 3 OL to the NFL.

after about 15 it's just all weird. missouri, no more drew lock and they are ranked?

Nebraska won 4 games last year.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:57 pm missouri, no more drew lock and they are ranked?
The pollsters MUST keep The Ratio, otherwise the self-fulfilling prophecy doesn't work.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:15 pm
Jsc810 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:18 am
1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Michigan
7. LSU
8. Florida
9. Texas
10. Notre Dame
11. Texas A&M
12. Oregon
13. Penn State
14. Washington
15. Utah
16. Wisconsin
17. Auburn
18. Iowa
19. UCF
20. Nebraska
21. Virginia Tech
22. Michigan State
23. Missouri
24. Northwestern
25. Boise State

Michigan is Michigan. They never win ANYTHING.

Army absolutely covers. Maybe even win against this hype machine.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Stanford opens with Northwestern, USC, UCF and Oregon.

If they survive that run they could be top 10 material. They also have Washington, Washington State and Notre Dame on their schedule.

Oh yeah, Cal too.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Ohio State has a creamsicle non-conf schedule this year.

Nonetheless, new coach and new QB, they are not top five material.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

L45B wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:27 pm new QB
In recent years, tOSU has certainly struggled with recruiting and depth at the QB position. Their 3rd stringers are in the NFL a joke.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Auburn had their chance to snuff out the UCF torch...and failed. :oops:
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Papa Willie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pm
Mikey wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:14 am Stanford opens with Northwestern, USC, UCF and Oregon.

If they survive that run they could be top 10 material. They also have Washington, Washington State and Notre Dame on their schedule.

Oh yeah, Cal too.
Hoping you beat the shit out of UCF. I'm tired of hearing how "they belong". Fuck them.

They ass fucked you!

I can see why a deliverance slob like you would want a repeat performance.

Porky wants to squeal !!!
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Papa Willie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pmHoping you beat the shit out of UCF. I'm tired of hearing how "they belong". Fuck them.
I think they will lose a couple of games this year. Their D is not very good. They have some good players on O, but not having Milton will be evident over the course of the entire season.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Not buying Michigan and Texas as top 10 teams. Same shit with those two programs every year. PSU at 14 is a stretch as well. They lost a lot from last year and Franklin doesn't have the coaching chops to make up for it imo.

I'll homer it up here and say MSU is underrated a bit at 22. I don't think people realize the insane number of injuries they suffered last year. 127th most starters lost due to injury out of 130 teams. Things got so bad they were down to their 5th string punter. That is not a joke. Teams don't carry 5 punters, so they were trotting out a backup QB who would shank the ball 16 yards. The defense is gonna be nasty again this year, and if the O can just ascend from god awful to merely mediocre, I think this is a 10 win regular season team. Conference schedule is tough though, with road games at Wisky, Michigan, and Ohio State.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 am
I'll homer it up here and say MSU is underrated a bit at 22. I don't think people realize the insane number of injuries they suffered last year. 127th most starters lost due to injury out of 130 teams. Things got so bad they were down to their 5th string punter. That is not a joke. Teams don't carry 5 punters, so they were trotting out a backup QB who would shank the ball 16 yards. The defense is gonna be nasty again this year, and if the O can just ascend from god awful to merely mediocre, I think this is a 10 win regular season team. Conference schedule is tough though, with road games at Wisky, Michigan, and Ohio State.
i love this post. i don't see any reason to believe Sparty is better than 22 with roadies at UW, UM, and tOSU. how could it be tougher in the conference?

but still, you are telling me they are better than that.

fuck yeah, that is mos def "underrated".

i like it.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:04 am The defense is gonna be nasty again this year, and if the O can just ascend from god awful to merely mediocre, I think this is a 10 win regular season team.

I feel ya..

How Cal—Yes, Cal—Built What May Be the Best Secondary in College Football

The Bears finished 2018 at No. 1 in respected football guru Phil Steele’s pass defense rankings

https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... tyn-davis

the truth
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:22 ami love this post. i don't see any reason to believe Sparty is better than 22 with roadies at UW, UM, and tOSU. how could it be tougher in the conference?

i like it.
That's why I qualified it as a homer post, King Condescending. Although I've seen other preseason rankings have them in the mid to high teens, so I'm not even sure how hugely homeriffic it is. And you know, they could drop 2 of 3 above games, still win 10, and be ranked well above 22 at the end of the year. In 2017 they were 9-3 and ranked 17th heading into their bowl game.

I think Wisky takes a big step back this year, breaking in a new QB, lots of questions on defense, and their style plays into MSU's hands. Taylor won't run wild on State's front. Dantonio is 4-1 at the Big Outhouse, I'm fine playing there. OSU I'm chalking up as an auto loss, though those games are always tight.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:29 pm
King Crimson wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:22 ami love this post. i don't see any reason to believe Sparty is better than 22 with roadies at UW, UM, and tOSU. how could it be tougher in the conference?

i like it.
That's why I qualified it as a homer post, King Condescending. Although I've seen other preseason rankings have them in the mid to high teens, so I'm not even sure how hugely homeriffic it is. And you know, they could drop 2 of 3 above games, still win 10, and be ranked well above 22 at the end of the year. In 2017 they were 9-3 and ranked 17th heading into their bowl game.

I think Wisky takes a big step back this year, breaking in a new QB, lots of questions on defense, and their style plays into MSU's hands. Taylor won't run wild on State's front. Dantonio is 4-1 at the Big Outhouse, I'm fine playing there. OSU I'm chalking up as an auto loss, though those games are always tight.
it's actually not condescending. sorry, dude....i was kinda thinking i came across like that. was going to post a qualifier. i didn't mean it like that, i'm totally sincere. i do like that post. love that confidence in your team. fuck the pundits.
"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

They held Justin Herbert to a mere 73% completion rate.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

King Crimson wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 pmit's actually not condescending. sorry, dude....i was kinda thinking i came across like that. was going to post a qualifier. i didn't mean it like that, i'm totally sincere. i do like that post. love that confidence in your team. fuck the pundits.
It's all good, man. Even if you meant to fuck with me, I enjoy the back and forth. I guess this is still technically a smack board and all.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

So I was looking at the TV schedule for week 1 and I see we only have one more Saturday of no college football as Miami and Florida play on 8/24. Holy sheet! Summer really flew by.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

^Apparently Tate Martell did not win the starting QB job for the U.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Dinsdale wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:19 pm

They held Justin Herbert to a mere 73% completion rate.

Good luck scoring.

https://www.pacifictakes.com/2019/8/6/1 ... onference

Of coarse, all you'll probably need is 3 points.

Projected 2019 Off. and Def. S&P+ rankings

Cal offense = 125th in the country
Cal defense = 5th in the country

Good times.
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Jsc810 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:48 pm The AP preseason poll:

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Michigan
8. Florida
9. Notre Dame
10. Texas
11. Oregon
12. Texas A&M
13. Washington
14. Utah
15. Penn State
16. Auburn
17. UCF
18. Michigan State
19. Wisconsin
20. Iowa
21. Iowa State
22. Syracuse
23. Washington State
24. Nebraska
25. Stanford

Others receiving votes:
Missouri 117, Army 94, Mississippi State 87, Miami (FL) 70, Northwestern 63, TCU 57, Virginia 44, Boise State 38, Cincinnati 16, South Carolina 15, Virginia Tech 12, Fresno State 8, Utah State 8, Minnesota 7, Memphis 6, Appalachian State 5, West Virginia 3, Oklahoma State 3, Arizona State 3, Arizona 1, USC 1

Thanks, Bedpan42

Why are you here ?

Psst... the AP hasn't been relevant for over 20 years.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

MuchoBulls wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Papa Willie wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:53 pmHoping you beat the shit out of UCF. I'm tired of hearing how "they belong". Fuck them.
I think they will lose a couple of games this year. Their D is not very good. They have some good players on O, but not having Milton will be evident over the course of the entire season.
Charlie is worth 1 loss himself.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Left Seater wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:19 pm
MuchoBulls wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Charlie is worth 1 loss himself.
Heupel is UCF's coach
Dreams......Temporary Madness