Spilled coffee...

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Spilled coffee...

Post by smackaholic »

Remember McD's went through this shit, musta been 30 years ago.

We really should just shoot judges in the head that allow this shit into their courts.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Trump honks whining about frivolous lawsuits? :meds:
Go Bucs, Gators
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

smackaholic wrote:Remember McD's went through this shit, musta been 30 years ago.

We really should just shoot judges in the head that allow this shit into their courts.
Oh you do do you? Why don’t you tell us about it?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Who cares about this when we have Trump in the White House ruining my life.

/S/

Screwy
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Like here in Florida, one of the biggest promoters of marijuana is multi-billionaire John Morgan of Morgan and Morgan. Figures. He can benefit from all the lawsuits and court cases that will certainly follow.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Didn't the McDonalds thing work out for everyone? Their coffee was boiling cups of shit, after the incident it became remarkable and delicious.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Didn't the McDonalds thing work out for everyone? Their coffee was boiling cups of shit, after the incident it became remarkable and delicious.
Old school McD coffee was boiling shit. After the lawsuit, it was luke warm shit for at least a decade. They didn't get the idea that peddling reasonably good coffee would get droves of people to come in for at least another decade.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:Remember McD's went through this shit, musta been 30 years ago.

McDonald's got exactly what was coming to them in the Hot Coffee lawsuit.

Newsflash, asswipe: Serving coffee scalding hot doesn't make it better.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Indeed. It makes it keep longer. It was all about saving a few bucks. And even after getting sued for it more than once, they figured it still penciled out to keep doing it. Shameful.

Handing someone an unstable container full of something that can cause injury isn't OK. This is exactly how our court system is supposed to work -- do something incredibly negligent, pay the price.

And if anyone were to actually bother to learn about the famous McDonald's case (the famous one -- there were multiple cases), they'd learn just how fucked up and callous McD's was. They were given multiple opportunities to make things right (cheaply), but they chose the "fuck you, we've got lawyers" route. The punitive damages should have been several times higher.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Why do you want to take money that McD's earned?
Sin,
88BrokenCapitalists

Bad companies will not profit and will go away.
Sin,
Joey the DumDum Rooster
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Indeed. It makes it keep longer. It was all about saving a few bucks. And even after getting sued for it more than once, they figured it still penciled out to keep doing it. Shameful.

Handing someone an unstable container full of something that can cause injury isn't OK. This is exactly how our court system is supposed to work -- do something incredibly negligent, pay the price.

And if anyone were to actually bother to learn about the famous McDonald's case (the famous one -- there were multiple cases), they'd learn just how fucked up and callous McD's was. They were given multiple opportunities to make things right (cheaply), but they chose the "fuck you, we've got lawyers" route. The punitive damages should have been several times higher.
Completely agree, which is why it is so irritating when people bring up the McDonald's coffee lawsuit as Exhibit A for tort reform. McD's was ordered numberous times to tone it down and all they said in response was fuck you, until some woman spilled it all over her crotch.

Wait, who stole Dins' password?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

What temp should it be served at?

A cup of coffee that is a good temp to drink, will still scald if it is poured into a crotch. This is unfortunate and it does make handing a coffee to someone sitting in a car a bit risky, but it is still less of a risk than driving the fukking car.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

smackaholic wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:Didn't the McDonalds thing work out for everyone? Their coffee was boiling cups of shit, after the incident it became remarkable and delicious.
Old school McD coffee was boiling shit. After the lawsuit, it was luke warm shit for at least a decade. They didn't get the idea that peddling reasonably good coffee would get droves of people to come in for at least another decade.
Anybody that pays money for a cup of that piss water deserves whatever they get. Be it a burned snatch or dick, or burning your tongue, you buy bad coffee that is what you get.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Maccy D actually makes great coffee now, it drop kicks Tim Horton off a forklift.

Though McDonald gremlins are busy on Wikipedia, still claiming the coffee was only 82 centigrade when the woman showed up at the hospital with third degree burns.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:

What temp should it be served at?

A cup of coffee that is a good temp to drink, will still scald if it is poured into a crotch. This is unfortunate and it does make handing a coffee to someone sitting in a car a bit risky, but it is still less of a risk than driving the fukking car.
I don't think I would pour anything down my throat that would scald my ball sack. But then again, I don't have asbestos lining in my throat like you apparently do.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dr_Phibes wrote:Maccy D actually makes great coffee now, it drop kicks Tim Horton off a forklift.
Tim Horton's is arguably the worst fast food restaurant in North America. Terrible food, terrible service. Only thing that keeps them afloat is their marketing deal with the NHL.
Though McDonald gremlins are busy on Wikipedia, still claiming the coffee was only 82 centigrade when the woman showed up at the hospital with third degree burns.
Sick fucks.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Tim Horton's is arguably the worst fast food restaurant in North America. Terrible food, terrible service. Only thing that keeps them afloat is their marketing deal with the NHL.
Absolutely. It's the 'Tragically Hip' of fast food joints. The marketing is contrived, Canadiana horseshit that keeps halfwits (too hung-over to face an in store line-up) waiting thirty minutes in the drive-through for a schizophrenic coffee, doughnut, potato wedges and an Italian sandwich experience. It tries to be everything to everyone in the size of a shoebox and it's a complete disaster. Imagine a Norman Rockwell fast food joint with apple fritters and a hostile, underpaid Filipino throwing your (out of stock) French Onion soup at you.
I'll stick to Coffee Time - third degree burns, beef patties, junkies and all.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Kierland wrote: Bad companies will not profit and will go away.
Sin,
Joey the DumDum Rooster
Who’s Joey the DumDum Rooster?
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Dr_Phibes wrote:Maccy D actually makes great coffee now, it drop kicks Tim Horton off a forklift.
Tim Horton's is arguably the worst fast food restaurant in North America. Terrible food, terrible service. Only thing that keeps them afloat is their marketing deal with the NHL.
The Tim Hortons in Kandahar was the most profitable in the world. Baristas were on a waiting list to work there. While I can’t comment on the other stores’ quality, TH coffee was markedly better than the stuff they served at the DFAC or Green Bean and their donuts were outstanding. The service was incredibly quick and they often comped soldiers extra donuts just because. Us dirty contractors never got free donuts. :cry:
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Rooster wrote:
Kierland wrote: Bad companies will not profit and will go away.
Sin,
Joey the DumDum Rooster
Who’s Joey the DumDum Rooster?
It's two people. I am not surprised you are too stupid to get it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

So Tim Hortons is better than Army Food. Got it.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown