Orange Bowl

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: Orange Bowl

Post by Moby Dick »

I am not amused 1 bit by this post.

you're gonna shit yourself when bama has to win in Overtime!!!

lol
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

I hope Tua is 100%.
Always wanna see the best from both teams on the field.
Could be another entertaining game unless Bama primarily runs and eats clock.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I just want it to be close.

And for Alabama to lose on the last play of the game. Yeah, I want that, too.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
FiatLux
Eternal Scobode

Post by FiatLux »

Word on the street..
Tosh thinks his safeties are too stupid to understand what he's trying to implement and will get exposed by the OU receivers.

Boomer.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Run along, Toolio. We're talking about real BIG TIME POWER COLLEGE FOOTBALL teams now.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Clearly Georgia was better than ND and OU.
Probably better than theose two put together.
jiminphilly wrote:

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I thought this game might end up something like 60-40.
Looks like it could be more like 80-0.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I hate Saban just a tiny bit less now for taking a knee and securing the OU cover. :)
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

They had a real good chance to recover the last onside kick but the guy fell on it too soon. That would have made things a little more interesting.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Bama proved to be the better team across the board.
Should be a helluva game.
jiminphilly wrote:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After the opening onslaught, OU outplayed them for the next three quarters.

And if M2 has taught us anything...
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

DiT wrote:Bama proved to be the better team across the board.
Should be a helluva game.
the better team won, obviously.

i think this OU team over-achieved, to be honest. losing Rodney Anderson (who was an elite back, one of the best in the country).....and no one can understand how shitty the D is.

i do wish OU hadn't got pushed around/punched right in the mouth in the 1st. that was pretty pitiful. 28 points is a lot.

i still don't know why Marquise Brown limping around is better than any one else running routes that matter is part of a game plan.....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i doubt any current Bama coordinator leaves T Town except for a head gig.....as per Golding. Locksley (who was a train wreck HC at New Mexico) is getting a second chance with the Terps with Saint Saban's blessing excusing a 2-24 or something HC gig.

i don't know about OU's D shitstorm. the fashionable thing was to blame Mike Stoops and I thought Venables was a good guy and has clearly done well for himself at Clemson.....was a neighbor of my dad's in Norman....and was a good guy by all accounts. OU was getting torched by Briles and Gundy in his last years so i get a move but Mikey seemed a bit cheesy to me. Some of the other OU guys on here liked the move as i recall but i am not a "back to the past" type guy. i like Bob Stoops but i think he may have overreached there. however, blaming Mike is not a sufficient explanation.

no easy answer.....db's are really small and up front don't get any rush.....and as Bama proved, get pushed around by a legit downhill OL. bad combo in the Big XII....to leave your lb's stuck in the middle.

lot of those guys are solid recruits. no way mcneil is back as DC.

i think OU takes a pretty big step back next year....as a team. D will still be bad and no eventual Heisman QB....for the first time in 4 years. that does have to be a drop off, one thinks.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/281 ... =editorial
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — You want to blame someone for this mess? Blame those who mucked it up in the first place.

You want to complain about a truly awful day of college football? Take a long, hard look at a College Football Playoff committee that was supposed to make the postseason a unique spectacle and instead turned it into an unsightly scene.

Clemson beat Notre Dame by 27, and Alabama beat Oklahoma by who cares.

And the CFP committee got dragged in shame through the streets of public opinion.

"We don't look at who we're playing; it's not about them, it's about us," Alabama defensive tackle Quinnen Williams said, in his best Nick Saban imitation.

But it is all about who plays in the CFP, now more than ever.

Because this is what happens when a committee full of coaches and athletic directors embrace age-old values instead of actually, you know, watching games:
•Notre Dame didn't score a touchdown and couldn't even hit 250 total yards in a 30-3 loss.
•Oklahoma and its point-a-minute offense went down 28-0 early in the second quarter, and Alabama played keep-away the remainder of the game in a 45-34 victory.

The result is an unmitigated disaster of a day.

The worst part of it all is it didn't have to be this way. We didn't have to be force-fed Spam when there was filet mignon waiting to be devoured.

Take any Joe Sixpack in early December and tell him his life depends on choosing the four best teams in college football. Not deserving, not conference champions, not even the unbeaten.

The four best teams.

Those four, in order, would've been Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State.

But who wants to watch Clemson and Georgia play? They're only bitter rivals, and Georgia only had mighty Alabama on the brink of defeat twice—twice!—in the last 11 months and couldn't finish the deal.

And really, who in their right mind wants to watch Alabama play Ohio State and the hottest quarterback in the game in Dwayne Haskins? The same Ohio State that, four years ago in the CFP semifinals, beat favored Alabama on the way to winning it all.

Instead we get a committee of 13, a group with the undeniable mandate to protect Power Five teams—plus Notre Dame—at all costs (see: fox, meet henhouse), delivering two dud matchups.

When asked Saturday night after Alabama advanced to yet another CFP national title game (its fourth in five CFP years), SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said, "Georgia was a very [playoff] worthy team."

When asked to elaborate, Sankey said, "The committee does a fine job. I don't want to get into publicly calling out anyone."

So I will. The committee blew it.

Not just by ignoring the reality that Georgia was one of the four best teams in the nation, but by passing on Ohio State, too. Frankly, UCF would've put up a better fight than Notre Dame.

This nonsense has to stop, and it's not about adding more teams to the mix (what, you want more blowouts?) or guaranteeing spots to conference champions or giving an automatic bid to the best Group of Five team. It's about choosing the four best teams.

How does it happen, you ask? The committee makeup has to change.

We can no longer allow those who have the greatest vested interest in who makes the playoff to decide who makes the playoff. At least with the dreaded BCS, there was equal weight given to a coaches poll, a media poll and six computer polls—even if none of us could figure out the damn thing.

How do we do that? Eliminate former coaches and current administrators from the committee and fill it with former NFL scouts and personnel folks and allow them to objectively decide the best four teams.

A committee of NFL scouts and personnel people and former NFL and college players would never care if the SEC has two teams in the playoff again, and it wouldn't give a flip about an unbeaten team if its resume didn't back up the record.

We wound up with these four teams, and these two clunker national semifinals, because the committee was absolutely, positively not giving the SEC two teams again. And it wasn't overlooking unbeaten Notre Dame because, well, the Fighting Irish were unbeaten—and in college football, being unbeaten is and always has been a big deal.

Unless you're UCF.

"I don't know how they pick who gets in, and I really don't care," said Alabama tailback Damien Harris. "All we know is we have to win. If you don't win, you leave it up to someone else."

The same someone else that isn't about the four best teams, but the four teams that come as close as possible to making everyone happy. The committee dynamic has gotten so ridiculous that a few conference commissioners recently told Nicole Auerbach of The Athletic that they were interested in talking about expanding the playoff for better access for more Power Five schools and one team "like UCF" that currently gets shut out from the process.

That's right: The very men and women, the commissioners and university presidents, who have done everything they can to keep UCF and the Group of Five out of their playoff are now using UCF as a rallying point.

Meanwhile, their committee blew the most important decision of the season and left what should've been the best day on the college football calendar grasping for relevancy with meaningless regular-season NBA games.

Look, I don't care about Ohio State's 29-point loss to Purdue or Georgia's 20-point loss to LSU. I care about the best teams translating to the best semifinals, no matter how we get there.

Rewarding a two-loss team doesn't mean losses have no impact. Losses have impact for teams that aren't worthy.

This isn't rocket science. Watch the games and make an informed decision, not one that protects your product and reinforces the tired ways of the past.

If the committee makeup changes, you've got a pretty strong chance of not ending up with games where one team loses by 27 and another team spends the entire game trying to convert fourth downs to not get blown out, then talks about not giving up.

"That's what our team is built around—fighting to the end," said OU wideout Marquise Brown.

So we've got that going for us.

The sport deserves better than this, and the simple fix isn't as drastic as adding more teams or implementing more metrics.

It's just the best four teams, no matter the record, no matter the conference.

And it's needed now more than ever.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Bleacher Report is a bunch of Atlanta Constitution reject reporters. Of course they're Georgia honks.

UGA already participated in the CFP when they lost to Bama in The Conference championship game.

I do agree Notre Dame should not have been in the CFP just because they were undefeated one whole season. UCF hasn't lost a game since 2016.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

part of the argument is "four years ago".
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

for all the hot shit about Haskins and Urban's magical sympathy and herbstreit pulling himself off as usual.....Buckeyes needed overtime to beat Maryland just a week or so before UM and Captain Comeback. and UM got waxed yesterday by a UF team that got beat by 3 scores in back to back weeks at home. so, beating UM at the Shoe like Ohio State has done for all of this century doesn't mean that much to me. and shouldn't for the talking head class of morons that somehow exist in sports today. not seeing Ohio State as a Team of Destiny or undeniable the last 2 games of the regular season.

ND did wet the bed but to say Ohio State is "in" in some kind of "best" format is a bit too much, just yet.

UGA is tough but they had their shot.....maybe that's not the criteria but they DID have a shot.
"
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

What, no love here for Cal?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

King Crimson wrote:for all the hot shit about Haskins and Urban's magical sympathy and herbstreit pulling himself off as usual.....Buckeyes needed overtime to beat Maryland just a week or so before UM and Captain Comeback. and UM got waxed yesterday by a UF team that got beat by 3 scores in back to back weeks at home. so, beating UM at the Shoe like Ohio State has done for all of this century doesn't mean that much to me. and shouldn't for the talking head class of morons that somehow exist in sports today. not seeing Ohio State as a Team of Destiny or undeniable the last 2 games of the regular season.

ND did wet the bed but to say Ohio State is "in" in some kind of "best" format is a bit too much, just yet.

UGA is tough but they had their shot.....maybe that's not the criteria but they DID have a shot.

For all your arguments against OSU, you might as well say OU. Both had a loss, both won their conf title game. Yes OSU struggled with UM and it took OT, but that same UM team beat the team that OU lost too. Further OU was just as lucky against Tech and OSU.

For all your talking down on Michigan, don't forget that was the best win ND had and it was close.

I just don't see an OU fan talking down OSU when they are basically in the same boat. 12-1 Conf champs. They could have easily swapped places.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

DiT wrote:Clearly Georgia was better than ND and OU.
Probably better than those two put together.
Texas is saying what?
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:You wouldn't believe my fucking FB page. It's sad.
I think it's kind of funny.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:
King Crimson wrote:for all the hot shit about Haskins and Urban's magical sympathy and herbstreit pulling himself off as usual.....Buckeyes needed overtime to beat Maryland just a week or so before UM and Captain Comeback. and UM got waxed yesterday by a UF team that got beat by 3 scores in back to back weeks at home. so, beating UM at the Shoe like Ohio State has done for all of this century doesn't mean that much to me. and shouldn't for the talking head class of morons that somehow exist in sports today. not seeing Ohio State as a Team of Destiny or undeniable the last 2 games of the regular season.

For all your arguments against OSU, you might as well say OU. Both had a loss, both won their conf title game. Yes OSU struggled with UM and it took OT, but that same UM team beat the team that OU lost too. Further OU was just as lucky against Tech and OSU.

For all your talking down on Michigan, don't forget that was the best win ND had and it was close.

I just don't see an OU fan talking down OSU when they are basically in the same boat. 12-1 Conf champs. They could have easily swapped places.
I get what you are saying but feels a lot more like you being a Texas fan. UM got blown out twice. they were not competitive. when we are talking about the top 4 teams, that is relevant when that is your "#1 quality win". Notre Dame beating them isn't really helping much here in armchair QB world but i thought ND deserved to be in....though normally i think their schedule is overrated....and they didn't help themselves for next time.

to me is a kind of weird tautology to talk up ND and UM at the same time....to prove the point about Ohio State.

what i said in part is that UM has not been competitive in "the Big Game" in forever....why should i think other than what i posted that they went to the Shoe and lost just like they usually do since Bill Clinton was POTUS. and THIS time, really big. ok, fine.....they got waxed by a UF, too. OSU over UM doesn't feel like a top W.

OU's only loss was to the reigning Sugar Bowl Champs, slayer of the Great SEC Dragon.....UGA. Texas Fucking Longhorns.....what's more impressive than coming back and beating those guys for the league championship? Sam Ehlinger is like the official spokesperson of not only "Sportsmanship" but "Being Back".

good player and probably a good guy but, seriously.

i wasn't entirely sold on OU being in the playoff most of the year or even into November..... based on the shit D but things fell exactly the way they needed to happen and so be it.

and i didn't say tOSU got "lucky" at Maryland, you did. but they did get a weasley PI call.
"