French riots

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: French riots

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The gas tax should be indexed to inflation. Suck on that.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There goes screwed, having a defensible post again. I don't agree with it, but it is plausible.

If I didn't know better (and I don't), I might think you are purposely throwing the BB competition.

Build up an early commanding lead and when it looks insurmountable, you put some cash on Queerland and tank.

Spray, you need to look into this. Maybe 88 will authorize a special prosecutor.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:There goes screwed, having a defensible post again. I don't agree with it, but it is plausible.

If I didn't know better (and I don't), I might think you are purposely throwing the BB competition.

Build up an early commanding lead and when it looks insurmountable, you put some cash on Queerland and tank.

Spray, you need to look into this. Maybe 88 will authorize a special prosecutor.
Retroactive to inflation from when the tax was first created.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

As for the gas tax being proportional, here is the problem.

If it is a straight percentage, it increases the variation in fuel costs, which fukks up the economy even further and also makes revenues less predictable.

It would actually be better to use some sort of inverse formula whereby the tax increases with a drop in price and decreases with a climb in price. The economy would prefer this, but it doesn't solve the problem with tax receipts being harder to predict. Of course prediction of income is only important when you have budget discipline. We haven't had even a semblance of that for 60 years or so, other than for a few years in the late 90s when a combination of circumstances caused an accidental budget balance. But, we got over it soon enough.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Kierland

Post by Kierland »

Yes it was an accident. Idiot.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Ballot harvesting: “Democracy” in action.
<wink, wink, nudge, nudge>

Even the name of the practice smacks of ballot box stuffing and Third World electoral hijinks. Trust California to introduce the practice to give it legitimacy.
Last edited by Rooster on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Hell, if you can't afford the gas and the associated tax then consider walking, biking, or taking public transport. Don't fuck shit up if you can't afford it. Go ahead and fuck shit up and protest if the government is ass-fucking you with these taxes saying they are for road repair, but instead siphon the money off to other programs.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

atmdad wrote:Hell, if you can't afford the gas and the associated tax then consider walking, biking, or taking public transport. Don't fuck shit up if you can't afford it. Go ahead and fuck shit up and protest if the government is ass-fucking you with these taxes saying they are for road repair, but instead siphon the money off to other programs.
Anything other than a graduated income tax is a tax on not having money. A flat gas tax isn't going to stop rich private jet owning, SUV driving sun of a guns from doing what they do. But it will make working people's lives harder. And after all the goal is to engineer working class and poor people into the behaviors that the upper classes want.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

BWoke wrote:And after all the goal is to engineer working class and poor people into the behaviors that the upper classes want.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick wrote:California already had the highest gasoline taxes and vehicle registration fees in the nation before the last increase and the dims gave themselves the authority to raise that tax and reg fees whenever they want. The gas tax money they had been collecting was being used for illegal immigrant magnets and state employee pensions.

Even in Orange County where there were 300,000 more votes for dimocrat congressional candidates that were magically found the 2 weeks after the election day, yes on 6 still passed. Total mystery who voted no on 6
Based on prior experience, any links for all of this crap?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Full of shit as usualm.