Early Vegas lines

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Early Vegas lines

Post by Dinsdale »

Speaks to Ohio State fans as being suckers... nothing more, nothing less.

The computer predictions have it right around a pick'em.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

That said, I'll take tOSU -8.5.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Papa Willie wrote:Deal killer = Purdue

Sorry, 88. Gotta go with OU @ #4.
Ok sure, that’s fine. But UGA ranked at #5 over Ohio State with one more loss and one less conference championship is a joke. This system is no less broken than the BCS.

Since it is evident (at least this year) that the committee emphasizes who you lost to versus who you beat, Delaney will likely cut back on conference games and allow B1G teams to schedule an additional cupcake instead. Basically, the SEC’s “The Citadel” model.

Should be great for the sport.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote: Ohio State (-8.5) vs Washington
And it's down to 5.5, per your other thread.

If one was a gambler, that would have been a great game to hedge.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

88 wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:Conference champs should not be automatic unless all the conferences go to the Big 12's model and have the top two teams play. If Northwestern had upset Ohio State or Pitt had knocked off Clemson, that woulda been just great, wouldn't it?

There will come a day when a 4 or 5 loss division winner beats a one loss or undefeated team in a CCG and that simply will not work. No way.
Uh, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. It is what makes March Madness so great. Why do you want a beauty pageant when we can schedule a real live winner take all cage match?
Because it wouldn't favor Alabama. Duh.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Do you really believe that if Northwestern beat tOSU this year that they could then have taken out Bammer and Clemson in successive weeks? I know you're often delusional, but really...
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

88 wrote: Ohio State (-13.5) vs Oklahoma
OU's D sucks and may/may not belong in the playoff...but Buckeyes would have to score 70+ to cover that spread.....i'm also not buying OU would be an underdog to UW as the spreads in the first post suggest. and i know the lines are not predictions...it's just a tilting act to get action.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Do you really believe that if Northwestern beat tOSU this year that they could then have taken out Bammer and Clemson in successive weeks? I know you're often delusional, but really...
My point being that a 4 loss team should NEVER be in the playoff to begin with.

The 4 BEST teams, remember?
Neither should a team that didn't even win it's division, right?

Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think 4 teams works in most seasons...up to 8 would be nice but conference championship Saturday should matter in determining the playoff field...it shouldn't be an audition. I'm looking at you, Georgia. I'd have them in an 8-team playoff but not a 4.

The argument for Georgia getting in is silly. They just lost to Alabama so let's put them back in a tournament with Alabama because it was a good game? That's sound logic. And let's ignore that pesky 20-point loss to LSU also. Just like we're ignoring Ohio State's 29-point loss to Purdue, right? Then again, UCF has run the table two years in a row and they still sitting at the kids' table on New Years...but I digress.

If an 8-team playoff would still keep UCF out, then there's no reason to expand. You expand to allow more conference champs and not to allow more 2nd and 3rd place teams from power conferences.

I'm satisfied with the 4-team field but if we went to 8-teams...I'd include Ohio State, UCF and Washington and then I'd put Georgia in as the best team to not win their conference (a wild card if you will).

In most seasons, I'd take the all power 5 conference champs and 3 additional Notre Dame/second tier conference champs/wild card teams. This year would've worked great since Notre Dame went unbeaten and you had an unbeaten UCF (again). There'd only be one chair left for a non-conference champion. In other seasons, you might end up with 3 wild cards that would go to the best 2nd place teams in the power 5.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Bama is playing OU, not Notre Dame.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Killian's right. Clemson gets to beat Notre Dame.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:OU fans - if ‘Bama plays their first half like they have the last few games, they might not be able to catch up with you in the second half. Just sayin’...
OU's defense isn't as good as The Citadel's. The Tide will score early and often.

:lol:
yeah, but our guys don't get demoralized like Bama's other opponents. they are used to giving up scores every possession. ain't no thing....right in our wheelhouse. :wink:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Papa Willie wrote:OU fans - if ‘Bama plays their first half like they have the last few games, they might not be able to catch up with you in the second half. Just sayin’...
Clemson might be the most well-rounded team entering the playoff. I would probly be more surprised if they lose to ND than I would be if Bama loses to OU.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

King Crimson wrote:OU's D sucks and may/may not belong in the playoff...but Buckeyes would have to score 70+ to cover that spread.
Not sure if you saw, but tOSU put up nearly that many points on the board against the best defense in FBS. Now whether the Buckeyes’ defense could hold OU under fifty, hmmm, maybe.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

L45B wrote:
King Crimson wrote:OU's D sucks and may/may not belong in the playoff...but Buckeyes would have to score 70+ to cover that spread.
Not sure if you saw, but tOSU put up nearly that many points on the board against the best defense in FBS. Now whether the Buckeyes’ defense could hold OU under fifty, hmmm, maybe.
i saw OSU-UM. Michigan didn't look like they showed up much. credit to the Buckeyes and Urban turning it into a speed game.....but i don't think anyone was too impressed with UM on the big stage. record in the Game this century doesn't suggest otherwise, either.
"