I Have A Dream

The best of the best
Renaissance Man
Fuckin' Noob

I Have A Dream

Post by Renaissance Man »

Five years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic shadow we now stand, created SmackChat. This momentous board came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Trolls who had been seared in the flames of withering injustice by censorship and boredom. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of captivity and gyfjo. But five years later, we must face the tragic fact that the Troll is still not free to post whatever he wants to post.

Five years later, the life of the Troll is still sadly crippled by the manacles of board segregation and the chains of smack discrimination. Five years later, the Troll lives on a lonely island of smack poverty in the midst of a vast ocean of intellectual prosperity. Five years later, the Troll is still languishing in the corners of the Internet society and finds himself an exile in his own land.

So we have come here today to dramatize an appalling condition. In a sense we have come to cash a check. When the architects of this board wrote the magnificent words of the Rules and Guidelines for Threads, they were signing a promissory note to which every Troll was to fall heir.

This note was a promise that all Trolls would be guaranteed the inalienable rights of having a take, posting it for all to see, and smacking the shit out of any tards who didn't see the humor or wisdom in the post. It is obvious today that theoneboard.com has defaulted on this promissory note insofar as some of the TOT Trolls are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, theoneboard.com has given the TOT Trolls a bad check which has come back marked "insufficient funds." But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this board.

So we have come to cash this check -- a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of IP addresses. We have also come to this hallowed spot to remind theoneboard.com of the fierce urgency of now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of board segregation to the sunlit path of message board justice. Now is the time to open the doors of opportunity to all of Rome's children. Now is the time to lift our community from the quicksands of posting injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood.

It would be fatal for theoneboard.com to overlook the urgency of the moment and to underestimate the determination of the TOT Trolls. This shivering winter of the TOT Troll's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating spring of freedom and equality. Two Thousand Five is not an end, but a beginning. Those who hope that the TOT Troll needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if theoneboard.com returns to business as usual. There will be neither rest nor tranquility at theoneboard.com until the TOT Troll is granted his citizenship rights.

The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of theoneboard.com until the bright day of justice emerges. But there is something that I must say to my people who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice. In the process of gaining our rightful place we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.

We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into complete spamming and general tardness. Again and again we must rise to the majestic heights of having a solid take and demonstrating to the world that we belong.

The marvelous militancy which has engulfed the TOT Troll community must not lead us to distrust of all smackboard and smackbat people, for many of our smackboard and smackbat brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny and their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall march ahead. We cannot turn back. There are those who are asking the devotees of posting rights, "When will you be satisfied?" we can never be satisfied as long as our posts, heavy with interesting and lighthearted topical material, cannot gain lodging in the Main Street forum of theoneboard.com. We cannot be satisfied as long as the TOT Troll's basic mobility is from brian's shithole to Paul's TRoTS. We can never be satisfied as long as a TOT Troll in Mississippi cannot read (which is true) and a TOT Troll in New York City believes he has nothing for which to live (which is also true). No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from brian's commercially unsuccessful venture in smack board ownership. Some of you have come from areas where your quest for freedom left you battered by the storms of persecution and staggered by the winds of server collapse. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive.

Go back to Alaska, go back to Florida, go back to California, go back to Chowdville, go back to the slums and ghettos of the 314, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed. Let us not wallow in the valley of despair. I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day theoneboard.com will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: Read more. Post less. And have a Take for God's sake." I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former TOT Trolls and the sons of former Smackboard Trolls will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood. I have a dream that one day even the state of Canada, which is a cold quasi-American state that is devoid of its own identity and longing for inclusion and acceptacnce, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice. I have a dream that my two children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by their Troll board pedigree, but by the quality and content of their posts. I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day the country of England, where Euroclone's lips are presently dripping with the seed of a small child, will be transformed into a situation where little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls and walk together as sisters and brothers without being buggered in the ass. I have a dream today. I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Rome shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together. This is our hope. This is the faith with which I return to the TOT, but only briefly. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of theoneboard.com into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day to smack the living hell out of newbies and dumbass motherfuckers.

This will be the day when all of Rome's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My board, 'tis of thee, sweet board of liberty, of thee I sing. Board where Irie's reputation died, land of the Troll pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring." And if theoneboard.com is to be a great board, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania! Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado! Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of California! Jesus, I've lost my notes. What did the dude who's work I'm plagerizing write next. Oh, there it is. What was I saying. Oh, yea. But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia! Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee! Let freedom ring from every hill and every molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of Rome's children, black men and white men, 1/16th Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old TOT spiritual, "I'm going to spread this on my lawn and watch it grow green!"

Edited by 88, with permission from RM
tomas8
Mr. Laid Back

Post by tomas8 »

what bbq said. :cool:
sorry about that whammy!
chowd103
Eternal Scobode

Post by chowd103 »

[marq=down]Well done R.M.!! 8) [/marq]
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

Rack......
If not for content at least for time it took to type it...
The only right answer to a fool is silence
Rich Fader
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rich Fader »

BING! BING! BING!
"Save your e-mails, clones, I'm not going to read them."
[music cue: "Lust for Life". Up and out.]
Jihad is hump of Islam...and Islam wants to hump us very much.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

It's a good thing.

With everything new there's a process. Be patient.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

sniff...taht was beautiful, man.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack RM.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Rack!

I guess should the TOT Clone step forward and bear this banner, the embroiderer's gettin' arthritis...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Excellent post.

The content was woefully inaccurate and flawed, and the mention of "rights" was borderline tearful.....but excellent post, regardless.

Post by Guest »

Was it a funny post? God damn better not have been.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Rack
Roofer
Elwood

Post by Roofer »

Quite a long read.

Oh, and btw, clones can be found Here
Fat Bones
In propria persona

Post by Fat Bones »

The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to who knows where
Who knows when
But I'm strong
Strong enough to carry him
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

So on we go
His welfare is of my concern
No burden is he to bear
We'll get there
For I know
He would not encumber me

If I'm laden at all
I'm laden with sadness
That everyone's heart
Isn't filled with the gladness
Of love for one another.

It's a long, long road
From which there is no return
While we're on the way to there
Why not share
And the load
Doesn't weigh me down at all

He's my brother
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Rack at last, rack at last! Thank God and G0D you're racked at last!
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

damn Roofer----

I'm still banned from that
playground !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

shutyomouth wrote:Was it a funny post? God damn better not have been.

Fuck no Spray! None of that Goddamned humor shit here!
Fuckoff you fat fucker! :twisted:
The only right answer to a fool is silence
quacker backer
Elwood

Post by quacker backer »

TOO LONG

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT IT SAID?
Terry in Crapchester wrote: But this board doesn't exactly represent reality.
helmet
Elwood

Post by helmet »

So many racks, so little time. Nice work, RM.