Your 9/18 Top 10

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Your 9/18 Top 10

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

1 UCF (reigning national champs haven't lost yet)
2 Bama
3 Clemson
4 UGA
5 Oklahoma
6 Ohio St
7 LSU
8 Stanford
9 WVU
10 Okie St
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:1 UCF (reigning national champs haven't lost yet)
By reigning national champs you mean the team that won this trophy?

Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Listen, there's the playoff committee and then there's the Mgo Power Index. I don't recognize political national champions, only actual national champions. UCF went undefeated and beat the team that beat the team that won the "other" championship. Therefore, there is only one true national champ. And they deserve their #1 ranking until someone knocks them off their perch.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:only actual national champions.
UCF = TPC (Transitive Property Champions)*

* TPC doesn't work for them since Georgia rolled Auburn in the SEC Championship game.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MuchoBulls wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:only actual national champions.
UCF = TPC (Transitive Property Champions)*

* TPC doesn't work for them since Georgia rolled Auburn in the SEC Championship game.
agree. Knights are better off sticking with unbeaten as the main claim.

that game surprised me i had picked Auburn to beat Bama and UGA earlier in the year, won a little cheese on both....so i was riding Gus and Stidham there....got to use preternatural skillz to get off the Gus train one stop early i guess.

UGA acquitted themselves well in the playoff.....that UGA-ND game was one of the more mysterious games of last year. a lot of reasons to not believe in either team* but turns out both were pretty good football teams. Irish had some good W's....beat Darnold and USC by a lot, at Sparty, LSU in the Citrus.

*UGA, lot of talent but always overrated with Richt,SEC East pretty weak with bad UF, AND Auburn rolled them in the reg season.....ND coming off a bad year and Kelly looking a bit like a bozo in general.

as an edit, i was looking at the 2017 Irish wiki page and saw that Autry Denson is RB coach currently. good player on some mediocre teams. respect. i remember listening to Tony Roberts on Westwood One.....shouting out...."Autry Denson for a 3 yard gain....". like he really believed. good times.

war tony roberts, war autry denson. :waz:
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

1. Alabama. 95 Nebraska type shit so far
2. Ohio State. nice w over TCU.
3. UGA. benefit of the doubt, no QB issues.
4. Clemson. QB issues. Freakish DL.
5. Oklahoma. looked mortal against ISU...bad tackling and dumb personal fouls hallmark of Mike Stoops 2.0. Murray kinda average on short-medium throws. losing Rodney Anderson is tough. elite back. Murray will run more, take more hits. not good.
6. LSU. Orgeron is Houston Nutt revisted but can't argue with the W @ Auburn. results oriented thing we got here.
7. Stanford. interesting game @ UO today.
8. West Virginia. Holgerson will beat OU someday....stars are aligned this year.
9. Va. Tech. ACC took a step back last season after looking strong....but i like Fuente. keeping the special teams emphasis of Beamer.
10. Ok State. wood housed Boise when most people were picking BSU.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"