It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Denver Airport

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's art.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The guy in green is obviously the racist and supposedly peace loving Democrat party trying to appear that they're protecting the downtrodden minorities when in reality they're keeping them poor and subjugated, and stabbing peace in the ass.

Really, it's brilliant in its fantastical portrayal of modern reality.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I'm withholding judgment until Meltspray chimes in. Then I'll know the opposite is true.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

It's a Zen koan.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

"They" will most likely use the Denver Airport to house those of you who remain alive after the U.S. is nuked into oblivion.

Enjoy your stay!
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote: Yup. And he kind that is so ugly that the only place you could possibly display it is in an airport, where no one is likely to bother to look at it.
Or the subway hall at the Capitol.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The Denver Airport sucks balls. And if you live Out West, it's hard to avoid.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:The Denver Airport sucks balls. And if you live Out West, it's hard to avoid.

Just wondering why you think so? Lots of runways help keep things running. When the weather turns to shit, they do a great job of keeping things moving due to all those runways pointing in all different directions. Granted getting bags and car rental there can suck, but they have Silvercar so that at least let's you avoid the normal car rental crap.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's hard to get around, resulting in sprints to connecting flights. Food and drinks are grossly overpriced. And heaven forbid you want a smoke between flights.

Of the huge airports I've been through (although granted, my experience is limited), Atlanta rules. PDX is awesome, with a rule that food and drink must be priced the same as the companies' other retail outlets... but I've never caught a connecting flight at PDX, since A) it's not a major hub, save for a few Delta flights, and 2) I live in the Portland area. There's a reason it's named "best airport" every year. Very easy to get around, cheap food and drinks, and easy to get in and out of. It's also not out in the sticks like some other airports. And they often have live music.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Wait ATL is great but Denver sucks because it is hard to get around?

Never mind that Denver is a copy of ATL, just with fewer terminals. ATL has 7 separate “terminals” connected by a tram system. Denver has 3 connected by a tram system. Denver has moving walkways inside each “terminal” while ATL does not. Yet somehow ATL is better to get around in? Poptart would be proud of that argument.

As for food pricing I get it. Denver is expensive as they have bonds to pay off. PDX on the other hand has been there for years.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:Wait ATL is great but Denver sucks because it is hard to get around?

Never mind that Denver is a copy of ATL, just with fewer terminals. ATL has 7 separate “terminals” connected by a tram system. Denver has 3 connected by a tram system. Denver has moving walkways inside each “terminal” while ATL does not. Yet somehow ATL is better to get around in? Poptart would be proud of that argument.
We have flown non-stop from Chicago to St Maarten half a dozen times in recent years on United. We were booked again this year in February. After Hurricane Irma obliterated the airport last September, I started keeping an eye on when flights would resume.

Once the airport re-opened in October, I started watching United's flight schedule. The St Maarten flight wasn't showing up. Finally in late October I called United ans asked about our flight. They were like, "Oh, that flight was cancelled". I was like, "When were you going to tell me"?

Our only logical option was to book Delta through ATL. With a 50-minute layover. We were delayed out of Chicago (de-icing the plane), and landed 25 minutes late. We ran to our departure teminal and in the distance saw them getting ready to close the gate. Ground crew is like, "Hurry".

ATL is OK if you have lots of time to kill between flights. On the way back I got carded in the bar. Not sure what Dinsdale was smoking when he went through some nice airport thinking it was Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

United blows worse than Durhron's posting history. Almost as bad as American, which is as bad as Meltspray's drivel.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:United blows worse than Durhron's posting history. Almost as bad as American, which is as bad as Meltspray's drivel.
They all suck. Delta = Joe in PB.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, flying into Nashville (via SLC) 3 years ago, my buddy who I worked with and I weren't seated together on our Delta flight. But that was fine, since we were upgraded to business class (FREE BOOZE!!!!!!). He was across the aisle from me. The flight attendant came through offering coffee to everyone, but somehow she skipped by my (occasionally obnoxious) buddy. He politely mentioned he'd like some coffee, too... and the bitch lost her shit, from completely out of nowhere. I naturally laughed, and thought nothing of it, beyond an obviously overworked nutjob. Fast forward a couple of hours, and we land. The pilot comes on the speakers and tells everyone to remain in their seats. The door opens, and 4 Nashville cops come on the plane, and grab my bro and haul him off. The coffee thing was so minor, it didn't cross my mind... but since the tickets and bags were all in his name, the weed in my suitcase sure did.

You never seen a motherfucker get to baggage claim so fast, and out the door. Might have knocked over some old ladies and kids -- I don't recall.

But the guy sitting next to my buddy was a Delta employee, and he and others vouched that nothing happened. And the cops were PISSED. Something about "we just hauled you off a plane in front of everyone for nothing?" They gave him a case number,and encouraged him to file a criminal complaint, which I don't think he got around to. But he got the bitches picture, and I think he worked Delta for some freebies.

The weed ran out way too early in the trip (7 weeks that round), so we had some Fedex'ed to Charlseton, SC. Because we're problem-solvers like that.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Augusta Regional for me

Cheap parking
Smoking area is in a nice garden
Usually have the restroom all to yourself
Clean and well maintained
Friendly people
John Deere tractor in the lobby to look at while you're waiting
Security line is about 30 sec long
Luggage comes quick

ATL does a great job for its size

Use Delta to fly to CA often, no complaints

Worst I've experienced: LAX, a zoo without cages or fences
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Time spent in airports is one of life’s biggest wastes. You are captive and sucks.

My home airport of SAT is fine. Not a lot of retail or good places to eat. But if I am getting there more than 30 mins before departure (no checked bag) then I am airporting wrong. So I don’t give a crap about their food and retail.

For connections I want and airport with lots of runways and lots of flights. The more runways the less likely they are to experience delays when weather happens. When it has a lot of flights there are more options for getting where you are going when maintenance delays happen. Given this, here are a few airports I like to connect in and others to be avoided.

Good connectors:

Dallas Ft Worth
Denver
Minneapolis
Las Vegas
Los Angeles
Houston Intercontinental
Austin
Albuquerque

Airports to never connect in
Washington National
Philly
San Francisco
New York LaGuardia
Newark
Chicago O’Hare
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Meltspray visiting Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport:

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

This thread delivers the goods.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

Live in Aiken, right next to Augusta. Airport is about a forty minute drive. Moved here in Feb. I had about ten people ask me, "Do you mind if I call you by your first name?" Or they just call me "sir." Everyone calls my wife "ma'am" and it drives her crazy. But we both agree that moving here was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Getting on a plane to CA Thursday, and I'm dreading it.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Papa Willie wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:I'm withholding judgment until Meltspray chimes in. Then I'll know the opposite is true.
It's your mother loving her children.
Ouch!! :grin:
Cock o' the walk, baby!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:The guy in green is obviously the racist and supposedly peace loving Democrat party trying to appear that they're protecting the downtrodden minorities when in reality they're keeping them poor and subjugated, and stabbing peace in the ass.

Really, it's brilliant in its fantastical portrayal of modern reality.
While that is a pretty good summation of today's democrat party, this is actually just a prospective new TSA winter uniform. The sword is actually CEIA's new hand held metal detector. I saw one when I was at CEIA training a few weeks ago.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Regarding airports, ATL, is by far the most logical layout I have seen. They don't have the magic sidewalks because they don't need them. The subway intersects the middle of each terminal, so, no matter what gate you are at, it's no more than a few minute walk to the escalator down to the train.

As for the King of shit layouts, it has to be Logan. Logan is not a single cat X airport. Logan is 4 cat 1 airports that just happen to be sort of next to one another. This isn't a problem if you don't need to go from terminal to terminal for connecting flights. And since Logan isn't really much of a hub and the airlines stick to their own terminal, I guess it isn't a problem. It just sucks when you work there and have to go to all the terminals. And don't get me started on the worst part of Logan....driving there.

And now to another important topic for some of us. Well, prolly just me, as I don't think we have any retired/active military other than myself. (buncha faggits!!!!)

USOs.

Logan's is pretty terrible. Limited hours, pretty much nothing for food. Philly is awesome. ATL as well, although the ATL is outside the secure area which is the suck if you are connecting. Charlotte has a very nice one as well.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

And to Dins' point of airport food gouging, the Libertarian in me says they should be free to screw you for as much as they can. There are added costs due to having to deal with the brown shirts errrrr I mean blue shirts. Every single bit of food and supplies has to go through the checkpoint xray at most airports. Some larger ones I believe do have other means to screen stuff. I've never been to PDX but I suspect it is not big enough to have this. I am all too familiar with this as I am regularly putting lead curtains back on the xray because the palate of water they just ran through, knocked it off.

Also, seeing as PDX is for the most part a start or finish and not a connection, you are perfectly free to eat before or after you are at the airport. If it was largely a connection, I guess I could see some sort of regulation of pricing. But they should be allowed to charge a bit more than the local market, due to the added costs of being in the secure area of the airport.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

ML@Coyote wrote:Everyone calls my wife "ma'am" and it drives her crazy. But we both agree that moving here was one of the best decisions we've ever made. Getting on a plane to CA Thursday, and I'm dreading it.
How would she like to be addressed? Ma’am is how we were raised and that ain’t changing.
ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

She'll get used to it.

There's a civility and respect for others here in the south that's definitely missing in CA. When you first experience it, it's kind of weird. Personally, I'm looking forward to no longer being called "dude."
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Sadly, it appears McKnigger's meltage knows no boundaries...
Smacking you upside your cocksucker is meltage? Whatever. :grin:

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:And to Dins' point of airport food gouging, the Libertarian in me says they should be free to screw you for as much as they can.
I'm pretty much all about the free market. Except airport vendors are selling shit on the ground I own. We, The People can imposeregulations on our own shit. And they have a captive audience, to an extent. If We say you can't do shady business shit, on our land, then that's the way it is.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

smackaholic wrote:I've never been to PDX but I suspect it is not big enough to have this. I am all too familiar with this as I am regularly putting lead curtains back on the xray because the palate of water they just ran through, knocked it off.
I dunno. I have a buddy who does HVAC work, much of it at the airport (a bunch in the huge paint shop where they do 747s and the big stuff). He uses a different entrance, and he comes and goes as he pleases (obviously after getting security clearance), and can bring whatever he wants. On an occasion, a government entity he works for sends him to a different site in the U&L on their company Learjet, and he can bring whatever he wants, including a gun (if he owned one)or anything else that fit in his bag.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ML@Coyote wrote:Getting on a plane to CA Thursday, and I'm dreading it.
You've assimilated into SEC country rather quickly.

ML@Coyote
Elwood

Post by ML@Coyote »

I think I was ready to make the move several years ago.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:The Denver Airport sucks balls. And if you live Out West, it's hard to avoid.
I came through Denver back to Portland in 2011, probably October or so. I had several work gigs in the Midsouth and bought a couple magazines to read. Combat Handguns and some one about AR's and long guns. I was sitting in the waiting area for Frontier reading them and watch the National Guard guys with AR's kept coming by and watching me. IN Denver and other areas the Guard dudes had the AR's. In Portland our liberal governor John Taxemhigh Kitzhaber ( first time as governor) would not allow such a horrendous weapon to be carried by military and ordered them to carry the piece of shit 9mm Berrettas that were standard military issue at the time. Did not want to alarm the flying public with such an overt display of military aggression.

I finally engaged the Guard guys in a conversation because a 40 something white business guy was not much of a threat and they seemed to relax a bit after that. At the time Denver lacked decent places to eat, fortunately my layovers were less than an hour usually. One thing you can depend on at Denver is turbulence on approach most times of the year. Something about the Rocky Mountains meeting the prairie.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:And to Dins' point of airport food gouging, the Libertarian in me says they should be free to screw you for as much as they can.
I'm pretty much all about the free market. Except airport vendors are selling shit on the ground I own. We, The People can imposeregulations on our own shit. And they have a captive audience, to an extent. If We say you can't do shady business shit, on our land, then that's the way it is.
This is a valid point. But they should be allowed to charge a reasonable premium. Maybe 15-20% over local economy.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

88 wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:It's art.
Yup. And he kind that is so ugly that the only place you could possibly display it is in an airport, where no one is likely to bother to look at it.
Apparently enough people have looked at it that it's become a subject of conversation as wide-reaching as this obscure shithole.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
smackaholic wrote:I've never been to PDX but I suspect it is not big enough to have this. I am all too familiar with this as I am regularly putting lead curtains back on the xray because the palate of water they just ran through, knocked it off.
I dunno. I have a buddy who does HVAC work, much of it at the airport (a bunch in the huge paint shop where they do 747s and the big stuff). He uses a different entrance, and he comes and goes as he pleases (obviously after getting security clearance), and can bring whatever he wants. On an occasion, a government entity he works for sends him to a different site in the U&L on their company Learjet, and he can bring whatever he wants, including a gun (if he owned one)or anything else that fit in his bag.
Yes, they are called SIDA doors and I use them all the time, as do other contractors/airport employees. But food vendors typically don't have that ability. It varies quite widely from airport to airport. You'd think they'd all have to play by TSA's tune regarding this, but it is not the case at all. Every airport has completely different rules. It's a shitshow. But then again pretty much everything TSA is involved in is a shitshow.
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

I was just there. I loooooooooooooove it.