Lincoln Riley

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Lincoln Riley

Post by Moby Dick »

6 of the top 50 for '19 have comitted? Obviously this means squat until feet are on campus...but I'm pretty stoked for when Riley has a COMPLETE team of nothing BUT his guys.

I usually take recruitting rankings with a grain of salt (Hi Tejas)...but I'm really hoping that Riley can do what the current God of BTCFB does and continue to do with top recruits at Bama. Players win Championships.. and you'll win alot more games with 5 stars than with 3 and 4.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Lincoln Riley

Post by King Crimson »

be several seasons before we know about Lincoln.

given even money, you have to like how things are going.....and Bob Stoops gave LR a big fat present of Baker Mayfield's senior year.

like i say, we won't know if he's Mark Helfrich/Rick Neuheisel*** or a legit coach at Oklahoma for a time now.

gotta play some Defense.

young coaches always think they can outsmart people up to a point....and then it goes back to blocking and tackling and want to.

***Rick was 22-2 or something his first two seasons with McCartney's players. recruited like crazy.....on Mac's success....had two shit seasons (with the two superstar QB's Rick recruited, one was Drew Beldsoe's younger brother) and went to UW, won the Rose Bowl (over an 8-3 Purdue team) with Tui who Rick also inherited....and was a .500 career coach after that.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"