Trump the mobster treats NATO like a protection racket

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Trump the mobster treats NATO like a protection racket

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"If we're not getting paid, we're getting ripped off!" -- Trump thinks

Dipshit Trump keeps crying about how Europe doesn't pay its fair share in NATO. Ignoring the fact that NATO isn't a protection racket, if allies do increase their GDP by percentage (which they are), does that mean the US will correspondingly decrease its defense spending?

Of course not, because this isn't about logic or rational thought. Trump would keep defense spending high to "support our troops."

We're so fucked.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Trump the mobster treats NATO like a protection racket

Post by Wolfman »

Look Screwy, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

A new day, same old snowflake meltage.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Not melting over here, but I'm curious how the TTL crew here (Seater, Rooster, Dohron, etc.) feels about Trump taking shots at our allies while sucking up to every dictator in sight?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

screwey, mikey, McGoober, Et al.:

:lol:

Anyone that doesn't understand what are NATO "allies" are doing to us, probably doesn't pay taxes.

#MAGA
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sure, so our allies boost their defense spending to 2 pct GDP. Does that mean the US will decrease its defense spending accordingly? Of course not.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

"Germany is totally controlled by Russia."

The irony is overfuckingwhelming.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:Sam, Winston, Pierre, Dieter, Luigi and Diego form a co-op. They are going to pool their resources and manufacture peace beads.

As the years go by, Sam notices that Winston, Pierre, Dieter, Luigi and Diego have not been contributing the agreed-upon amount to the co-op, and that Sam has been funding the co-op's operations disproportionately.

Sam complains to Winston, Pierre, Dieter, Luigi and Diego that they are not paying their fair share, and threatens to leave the co-op if they do not honor their financial obligations.

Chelsea, who lives in DC and is in a different co-op with Sam that obligates Chelsea to pay money to Sam each year, some of which is used by Sam to fund the co-op with Winston, Pierre, Dieter, Luigi and Diego, is irate that Sam would do this.

Why?

Because Chelsea thinks that Sam spends too much of Chelsea's money.

Logical?
You're trying to make an analogy, right?
Not sure to what though.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:"Germany is totally controlled by Russia."

Putin does not control Trump.

The fellating is voluntary.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:A new day, same old snowflake meltage.
Your mother is a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Anybody who criticizes Trump or anything the Republican Party does in now automatically a "snowflake." How quaint.

In order to create an equal footing, all conservatives will henceforth be known as moobs.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

IMO NATO has been obsolete for a while. It was formed to counter an USSR invasion, an agreement with western Europe similar to what we have with Taiwan (nuclear retaliation in defense of allies) would be less costly for the US. Especially since the US pays 50+% of NATOs cost to operate annually.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Especially since the US pays 50+% of NATOs cost to operate annually.
Wrong

We pay 22%

https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm

Get your fucking facts straight before you mash submit.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sirfindafold wrote: Anyone that doesn't understand what are NATO "allies" are doing to us, probably doesn't pay taxes.
Anyone with such a limited grasp of English should probably be investigated by ICE.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:Especially since the US pays 50+% of NATOs cost to operate annually.
Wrong

We pay 22%

https://www.nato.int/cps/ie/natohq/topics_67655.htm

Get your fucking facts straight before you mash submit.
I heard it was more than 90%.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Trump doesn't know the difference between a percentage and a taint.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

The bottom line is NATO is a hold over from the cold war days & serves little purpose. Especially with the UK, France and Germany all holding nukes.

Trump was elected because he thinks outside the box and is not part of the government establishment. Saving money on NATO means there is more money for other things like infrastructure.

I'm all for pulling the plug 100%.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote:Trump was elected because he thinks outside the box and is not part of the government establishment. Saving money on NATO means there is more money for other things like rich people and corporations.
FTFY

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Goober prefers to pay more taxes to fund Euro soccer fag and illegal immigrants.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote:Goober prefers to pay more taxes to fund Euro soccer fag and illegal immigrants.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tardtalk
Have you ever posted anything that made a lick of sense?

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Goobs you remind me of the guy who steps in dog shit, then exclaims he doesn't stink.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Joe in PB wrote:Goobs you remind me of the guy who steps in dog shit, then exclaims he doesn't stink.

You've proven yourself time after time to be a monumental dipshit and you're proving it again in this thread. You suck off the president and believe everything he says, then when you're proven wrong you spin and deflect like the jerkoff you are.

Go fuck yourself. Then go buy a fucking clue.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Joe in PB wrote:Goobs you remind me of the guy who steps in dog shit, then exclaims he doesn't stink.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tardtalk
Why don't you go ahead and explain the "Euro soccer fag" reference.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote: Why don't you go ahead and explain the "Euro soccer fag" reference.
Economic anxiety, of course.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Senate may have discovered its testicles.
For the second day in a row, the Senate pushed back on President Donald Trump, showing stiff resistance to his key policy decisions on tariffs and NATO even as the President is at a summit in Europe wrestling with allies over those same issues.

Senators voted overwhelmingly Wednesday calling on Trump to get congressional approval before using national security as a reason for imposing tariffs on other nations, as he did recently with steel and aluminum levies against Mexico, Canada and the European Union.

The bipartisan 88-to-11 tally on the non-binding resolution sends a message to the White House about how frustrated senators are over Trump's disruptive moves on tariffs.

However, future efforts to pass enforceable legislation likely face an uphill battle over Trump's objections.

"Let's be clear, this is a rebuke of the President's abuse of trade authority," said Sen. Jeff Flake, an Arizona Republican and a frequent and vocal critic of Trump's policies. "Can you imagine being Canada and being told your steel and aluminum exports to the United States (are) a national security threat?"

On Tuesday, the Senate voted 97-2 in favor of a pro-NATO resolution, just as Trump was touching down in Brussels and blasting the security alliance on Twitter for a host of reasons, including that many nations don't spend 2% of their GDP on defense.

The tariffs measure was written by Sen. Bob Corker, a retiring Tennessee Republican who chairs the Foreign Relations Committee, and Sen. Pat Toomey, a Pennsylvania Republican and a free-trader from a steel producing state. They believe this vote will help build momentum for future tougher legislation, although it is not clear if they could get supermajority support in the Senate and House to override a likely veto, especially if Trump worked actively against it.

"This is a vote for Congress to assume its rightful role," Corker said. "It's a baby step."

The measure would require congressional approval of tariffs issued under Section 232 of the Trade Expansion Act of 1962, which requires national security concerns to be the driving reason for imposing the tariffs.

Mexico, Canada and the European Union -- longtime allies of the US -- were incredulous they were considered a national security risk to the United States and issued tariffs against US goods in response.

The vote on the tariffs measure helps clear up another matter for Senate GOP leaders and Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, who are working diligently to get Trump's judicial nominees confirmed.

Flake used his ability in the narrowly-divided chamber to block appeals court judges as leverage for forcing a vote on the tariffs measure. That stalled action in the Judiciary Committee and on the floor while GOP leaders worked to find a way to assuage Flake.

Flake initially insisted he would only accept a vote on a "substantive" measure but accepted the non-binding resolution instead. He told CNN he would lift his "holds" on those judges following this vote.

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Germany's energy is controlled by Russia.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

What a fucking maroon.
President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had a testy phone call on May 25 over new tariffs imposed by the Trump administration targeting steel and aluminum imports coming from Canada, including one moment during the conversation in which Trump made an erroneous historical reference, sources familiar with the discussion told CNN.

According to the sources, Trudeau pressed Trump on how he could justify the tariffs as a "national security" issue. In response, Trump quipped to Trudeau, "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" referring to the War of 1812. :lol:

The problem with Trump's comments to Trudeau is that British troops burned down the White House during the War of 1812. Historians note the British attack on Washington was in retaliation for the American attack on York, Ontario, in territory that eventually became Canada, which was then a British colony.

When asked if the comment was received as a joke, one source on the call said: "To the degree one can ever take what is said as a joke. The impact on Canada and ultimately on workers in the US won't be a laughing matter."

The White House declined to comment and the National Security Council did not immediately return a CNN request for comment.

Asked about the state of US-Canada relations, National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow acknowledged some short-term tensions, but said he believes relations between the two countries remain "very good."

"I have no doubt that the United States and Canada will remain firm friends and allies whatever short-term disagreements may occur," Kudlow said.

During the Burning of Washington, on August 24, 1814, first lady Dolley Madison famously rescued a portrait of George Washington before fleeing the White House.

Trudeau has publicly denounced the "national security" justification for the new tariffs.

"The idea that we are somehow a national security threat to the United States is, quite frankly, insulting and unacceptable," Trudeau told NBC's Meet the Press.

Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland questioned the Trump administration's move on CNN.

"And I would just say to all of Canada's American friends -- and there are so many -- seriously? Do you really believe that Canada, that your NATO allies, represent a national security threat to you?" Freeland asked on CNN's "State of the Union."

Freeland met with Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker Monday to relay Canada's concerns regarding the tariffs, a Corker spokeswoman told CNN.

Corker, whose state of Tennessee is home to foreign and domestic auto plants, questioned Trump's national security justification in a statement last week.

"There is no reason to use this provision to consider imposing tariffs on the automobile industry, and this appears to be either an attempt to affect domestic politics ahead of the election or for some other transactional purpose regarding ongoing trade discussions. This is a dangerous course and should be abandoned immediately," Corker said in the statement.

Trump defended his decision on tariffs on Canada and other US allies in a tweet over the weekend.

"The United States must, at long last, be treated fairly on trade," the President tweeted on Saturday.

A senior administration official declined to discuss the specifics of Trump's phone call with Trudeau but acknowledged some of the President's conversations with his foreign counterparts on the subject of trade have been confrontational.

"It's understandable that change causes friction," the official said, noting some of Trump's recent tariff announcements have brought stubborn trading partners back to the negotiating table.

Canadian officials confirm to CNN that months ago Trump personally assured Trudeau that Canada would likely be exempt from steel and aluminum tariffs. The Trump administration at one point granted Canada and Mexico a last-minute reprieve from tariffs in March as negotiations to rework the North American Free Trade Agreement, known as NAFTA, continued.

In April, Canada tried to address what Trump said were concerns about Chinese steel and aluminum being dumped into Canada and then being shipped into the United States. Trudeau announced increased funding and border vigilance "to prevent transshipment and diversion of unfairly priced foreign steel and aluminum into the North American market," according to a statement released in April.

It was the understanding of Canadians officials at the time that this would satisfy the Trump administration and allow for Canada to receive a permanent exemption from tariffs. Just days before Trudeau is set to host a G7 Summit in Quebec, Canadian officials tell CNN they are just trying to "keep Trump happy."

Asked about Trump's remark that the Canadians burned down the White House, aides to the President and to Canada's Trudeau declined to comment.

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

MuchoBulls wrote:

Germany's energy is controlled by Russia.
You're an ignorant moob idiot.

Germany imports about 92% of the natural gas they use. About 35% of that comes from Russia. They import 93% of hard coal, with 32.2% from Russia. Germany is the world's largest producer of lignite, so they're not importing any of that.

That makes, at least for electric generation, about (.35 x .92 x 29.5 + .322 x .93 x 25.1) / 205 or a total of 8.3% of capacity using fuel imported from Russia. There are other sources for both, so not exactly controlled by Russia. Dumbfuck.

https://www.cleanenergywire.org/factshe ... ssil-fuels

Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Screw_Michigan wrote:

You've proven yourself time after time to be a monumental dipshit and you're proving it again in this thread. You suck off the president and believe everything he says, then when you're proven wrong you spin and deflect like the jerkoff you are.

Go fuck yourself. Then go buy a fucking clue.
I don't believe everything Trump says, but I do agree with scrapping NATO for the reasons I outlined.

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Mikey wrote:Anybody who criticizes Trump or anything the Republican Party does in now automatically a "snowflake." How quain.
If you want to self label, go right ahead. But the only person that really deserves the Snowflake label in here is Screwy.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Left Seater wrote:
Mikey wrote:Anybody who criticizes Trump or anything the Republican Party does in now automatically a "snowflake." How quain.
If you want to self label, go right ahead. But the only person that really deserves the Snowflake label in here is Screwy.

Glad to hear that, though I think a lot of people seem to use that term much more liberally (to coin a phrase).

:wink:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Joe in PB wrote:IMO NATO has been obsolete for a while.
Yep.

As is the U.S. idea that it can send its "defenses" all over the world.

With its arrogant lunacy, America has run up a 20+ trillion dollar debt -- increasing at an accelerating rate, and with no end in sight.
We are fat, stupid, and broke.

We're broke, so now you've got the U.S. President shaking down allies, telling them they owe us money.

Like a damn junkie.

rotf...

P
A
T
H
E
T
I
C
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Haven't been around much lately, but was just wondering if any of the posters in here have changed their political stances?

I'm gonna stick a can of creamed corn up my ass and say "No".
Have you?

Personally I've switched from the crane stance to the seven star stance with leopard fist. I just got tired of keeping my foot up in the air.

You're probably still using the horse's ass moob stance. AmIright?

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Softball Bat wrote:
With its arrogant lunacy, America has run up a 20+ trillion dollar debt -- increasing at an accelerating rate, and with no end in sight.
What would KC Scott do?

Would he be in favour of a long, hard thrust of NATO forces from the south?

Would he give his buddies the shaft?

Or, would he be inclined to pull out?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:
Softball Bat wrote:
What would KC Scott do?

Would he be in favour of a long, hard thrust of NATO forces from the south?

Would he give his buddies the shaft?

Or, would he be inclined to pull out?
Probably purse his lips and blow.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:[What would KC Scott do?
He would just forget about all of his cares.

He'd hook up with someone from the board.
And have a "good time" with them.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

He'd never leave his friend's behind.

That'd be just too much to swallow.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Papa Willie wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Haven't been around much lately, but was just wondering if any of the posters in here have changed their political stances?

I'm gonna stick a can of creamed corn up my ass and say "No".
Have you?

Personally I've switched from the crane stance to the seven star stance with leopard fist. I just got tired of keeping my foot up in the air.

You're probably still using the horse's ass moob stance. AmIright?

Whatever way works best with the cream corn. :shock:
The cream corn thing is waaaayyyy more disturbing than this...

...but not by much.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Softball Bat wrote:
Joe in PB wrote:IMO NATO has been obsolete for a while.
Yep.

As is the U.S. idea that it can send its "defenses" all over the world.

We're broke, so now you've got the U.S. President shaking down allies, telling them they owe us money.

Like a damn junkie.

rotf...

P
A
T
H
E
T
I
C

:bode: :bode: :bode: :bode: :bode: :bode: