Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Re: Trump/GOP bullshit

Post by Softball Bat »

CNBC today...

The U.S. national debt is rising by $1 trillion about every 100 days

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/01/the-us- ... -days.html

:shock:

I don't know if Mikey and SM can't understand what The Seer posted, or if they just choose to be in denial, but what he posted it is VERY disturbing.

Yearly interest payment (required) on the debt is approaching 1 trillion dollars.
That is just interest -- not even paying down the debt at all.

Our government is spending that much money, and we the people are getting exactly NOTHING for it.
The hollowing out of America.

On top of that, when that much (almost 1 trillion dollars a year) is being spent by our government, and we get nothing for it, that is 1 trillion dollars that cannot be spent on other things that we the people ought to have.

It is destruction, plain and simple.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
HighPlainsGrifter
Elwood

Post by HighPlainsGrifter »

Washington DC be like

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

We need a bit of GOOD NEWS...and that includes Mike & Screw....

"This is called a MAGA winning streak. Take a moment to consider the last 5 days. SCOTUS delays J6 Jack Smith fever dream until after the election. Judge Cannon in process of delaying Documents case. Fani and Nathan likely to be removed from case, delaying and perhaps ending RICO persecution of Trump. Ronna Romney out of our lives with Mitch close behind. And Blowout Bloomberg poll today showing Trump leading in all 7 swing states. This is a week to celebrate for America’s future."
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:16 pm CNBC today...

I don't know if Mikey and SM can't understand what The Seer posted, or if they just choose to be in denial, but what he posted it is VERY disturbing.

Yearly interest payment (required) on the debt is approaching 1 trillion dollars.

Our government is spending that much money, and we the people are getting exactly NOTHING for it.

On top of that, when that much (almost 1 trillion dollars a year) is being spent by our government, and we get nothing for it, that is 1 trillion dollars that cannot be spent on other things that we the people ought to have.

It's disgusting.

Every year at tax time we are forced to reflect on what each of us pay into the black hole of the federal govt.

It's nauseating.

Other than our military and postal delivery - which is becoming less more of a need each day - give me something else that we get for paying into the leviathan.

Nada.

And don't even mention any of the bloated bureaucracies like the FDA, which has become an unmitigated joke.

What is truly needed?

The safety net stuff is covered by the Ponzi scheme separate from the federal tax bite, so whatta ya got?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

The Seer wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:43 pm We need a bit of GOOD NEWS...and that includes Mike & Screw....

"This is called a MAGA winning streak. Take a moment to consider the last 5 days. SCOTUS delays J6 Jack Smith fever dream until after the election. Judge Cannon in process of delaying Documents case. Fani and Nathan likely to be removed from case, delaying and perhaps ending RICO persecution of Trump. Ronna Romney out of our lives with Mitch close behind. And Blowout Bloomberg poll today showing Trump leading in all 7 swing states. This is a week to celebrate for America’s future."
"Justice delayed is justice denied."
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Sven Golly
Elwood

Post by Sven Golly »

As it should play out.

Not one case has a shred of merit.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The epitome of GOP/Trump bullshit is....

Wanting to impeach Biden for crimes that the GOP has made up while....

...supporting a candidate who claims he has immunity from prosecution for any crimes during his presidency.
9/27/22
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Post by Bill in Houston »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:16 pm CNBC today...

I’ve already covered this with you, dumbass. It’s not nothing. Well, in your limited brain it likely seems that way.

Yes, money was borrowed against the future. This is how economies grow. Because—————>capitalism.

We’ve made huge investments throughout the economy that will pay dividends for decades.

Yes, you will likely be dead before the benefits are fully realized. That’s not the country’s fault, that’s on you.

Stop whining and open your mind. It’s all around you. Most predominantly in red states.

Have you forgotten the American dream?
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

HighPlainsGrifter wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:55 pm Washington DC be like

So you went with kcdumbfuck style “humor”?

What makes your post in the least bit funny, interesting or worth seeing?

You have no clue as to where the debt has been spent. But you’re a piece of shit so you think you’re a comic. You’re not funny. You’re not worth reading. You’re from a forgotten time and everyone would be better off if you disappeared.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:49 pm "Justice delayed is justice denied."
J6 defendants concur.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Bill in Houston wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:28 pm

I’ve already covered this with you, It’s not nothing.

Yes, money was borrowed against the future. This is how economies grow. Because—————>capitalism.

We’ve made huge investments throughout the economy that will pay dividends for decades.

Yes, you will likely be dead before the benefits are fully realized. That’s not the country’s fault, that’s on you.
** Message board claptrap, not to be used at home to pacify creditors or renege on financial commitments.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Yes, Bill is completely off the rails.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:Yes, money was borrowed against the future. This is how economies grow. Because—————>capitalism.

Money was borrowed?
lol

Dude, as posted at the top of this page, the debt is rising at the rate of 1 trillion dollars every 100 days.

You grow a real economy by producing and exporting things, not by borrowing and inflating into oblivion.

The middle class is pretty well being erased.

But yeah, wave those pom poms.

You look cute.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:19 pm
Bill wrote:Yes, money was borrowed against the future. This is how economies grow. Because—————>capitalism.

Money was borrowed?
lol

Dude, as posted at the top of this page, the debt is rising at the rate of 1 trillion dollars every 100 days.

You grow a real economy by producing and exporting things, not by borrowing and inflating into oblivion.

The middle class is pretty well being erased.

But yeah, wave those pom poms.

You look cute.
You all talk like this is just money down the drain.

Do you even have an idea of who holds the national debt?

The largest single holder is the Federal Reserve with about 20%.
Other US Government trust funds, like Social Security, Medicare, FDIC, and Civil Service and Military retirement programs hold about 13%, making about 1/3 of the national debt held by intergovernmental agencies.

Another 1/3 is held by private domestic entities, like mutual funds, banks, pension funds and individual investors (savings bonds, treasury bills, etc.) So yeah grandma and grandpa are profiting from your misery.

The final 1/3 or so is owned by foreign governments and investors. This may seem dangerous, and it's probably too much, but it does give them an incentive to not want the US to fail.

The ratio of the total debt to the GNP has actually fallen over the past few years. Not doubt due to Trump's magical powers to make the economy work better with Biden in office than when he was there. The debt would be a lot less without Trump's ill advised tax cuts, which did exactly nothing to stimulate the economy. And the idiot MAGAts (stand up and take a bow seer, HPG, etc.) want to gut the IRS so that they can't collect the money that's actually owed.

BTW, pops has been predicting that the US economy would crater every year since at least 1998. Not a very good track record so far.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote:BTW, pops has been predicting that the US economy would crater every year since at least 1998. Not a very good track record so far.
It continues to crater, Mikey.

See what has happened to the purchasing power of the dollar over the past 5 years ---> https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_consu ... unadjusted

See what has happened to the dollar very long term ---> https://www.statista.com/statistics/103 ... ince-1640/
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 am
Mikey wrote:BTW, pops has been predicting that the US economy would crater every year since at least 1998. Not a very good track record so far.

See what has happened to the purchasing power of the dollar over the past 5 years ---> https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_consu ... unadjusted

See what has happened to the dollar very long term ---> https://www.statista.com/statistics/103 ... ince-1640/
Oh yes, our world was so much better 50 years ago.

Because? Yes , you love to wax nostalgic.
Me? I prefer all of the great things we produce and benefit through exports today. Which, by the way, far far exceed what we produced and exported back in your prime.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:45 am

You have no response to my previous post so you want to change the subject. Isn’t this where I’m supposed to say “nice white flag?”

Nice of you to link some charts with no context. But I’m pretty sure that they don’t say exactly what you apparently think they say.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mikey wrote:You have no response to my previous post so you want to change the subject.
There was no response from me to that part of your post because all it is is rationalization.

The point of this discussion is what The Seer posts a dozen-or-so posts ago.
A huge, and ever-increasing, percentage of the U.S. budget goes to pay interest on our debt.
Currently, about 15% of the U.S. budget is pissed away to pay interest on the debt, and as noted, this does not pay the debt down at all.

This "pissed away" percentage is roughly equal to what we spend on national defense.
It is roughly equal to what we spend on Medicare.
lol

We are being fvcked, Mikey.

Imagine a household brings in $7,000 a month, but is spending $8,000 a month.
And that household has to fork over $1,000 each month just to pay interest on the large credit card debt that it already has.

They pay their $1,000 a month, which is just money pissed away, and the debt continues to rapidly increase.

Which means that in subsequent months, the amount they must pay to service their credit card debt does nothing but increase.
So, as time goes on, a larger and larger pct. of the family's income gets eaten up to pay for... nothing.

That is the track we are on.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Bumped due to more needless spending...and sawdust brain ignoring SCOTUS ruling and returning to vote coddling...

Did Biden Just Create A Constitutional Crisis?

The Supreme Court told President Joe Biden that he didn’t have the authority to forgive student loan debt. But he did anyway, bragging that the Court “didn’t stop me.” So why do we even have a legislative branch and a high court if the president is going to make law as if he were a king?

It’s Biden’s party, and its activist media, that has been carping for years about losing “our democracy.” Yet when a Democratic president bypasses the checks and balances that are the backbone of our republic, the three co-equal branches framework of government that is intended to guard against descending into a dictatorship, they celebrate rather than condemn.

Maybe it’s because they care about the integrity of our system of government only when it’s making policies they want.

In June 2023, the Supreme Court, in a 6-3 decision, struck down the Biden administration’s plan to cancel up to $400 billion in student loans, which it had announced in August 2022. In her concurring opinion, Justice Amy Coney Barrett noted that “when it comes to” national policy, “the Constitution gives Congress the reins — a point of context that no reasonable interpreter could ignore.”

But high court rulings apparently don’t apply when a Democratic president decides they don’t. Last week, the White House played the role of unreasonable interpreter and announced “$1.2 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 153,000 borrowers.”

“The Biden-Harris administration has now approved nearly $138 billion in student debt cancellation for almost 3.9 million borrowers through more than two dozen executive actions,” according to a White House fact sheet.

https://issuesinsights.com/2024/02/27/d ... al-crisis/
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I'd like to see a breakdown of which college degrees have the majority of delinquent loans.

Also, how much of that debt was spent on new cars and luxurious apartments instead of tuition, books, and dorms.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:45 am
Mikey wrote:You have no response to my previous post so you want to change the subject.
There was no response from me to that part of your post because all it is is rationalization.

The point of this discussion is what The Seer posts a dozen-or-so posts ago.
A huge, and ever-increasing, percentage of the U.S. budget goes to pay interest on our debt.
Currently, about 15% of the U.S. budget is pissed away to pay interest on the debt, and as noted, this does not pay the debt down at all.

This "pissed away" percentage is roughly equal to what we spend on national defense.
It is roughly equal to what we spend on Medicare.
lol

We are being fvcked, Mikey.

Imagine a household brings in $7,000 a month, but is spending $8,000 a month.
And that household has to fork over $1,000 each month just to pay interest on the large credit card debt that it already has.

They pay their $1,000 a month, which is just money pissed away, and the debt continues to rapidly increase.

Which means that in subsequent months, the amount they must pay to service their credit card debt does nothing but increase.
So, as time goes on, a larger and larger pct. of the family's income gets eaten up to pay for... nothing.

That is the track we are on.
What a horrible analogy. You assume the household spends on goods and services that can’t add future value. How much of the $7k goes into investment which brings future benefits? Perhaps in a year from now the household brings in $10k/month. Would be worth borrowing for that.

Your simple little model doesn’t account for any of that. Are you really this small minded to not be able to see beyond the immediate moment?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:Perhaps in a year from now the household brings in $10k/month. Would be worth borrowing for that.

Oh sure, Bill.
Let us know what year it will be when the federal government will be operating in the black.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

As I clearly demonstrated in my previous post, this clearly is not a legitimate analogy. Pops is either too dumb to get it or, more likely, just chooses to repeat his tired tropes because he has nothing better to come back with. No wonder he tried to change the subject in his previous entry.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:09 pm
Bill wrote:Perhaps in a year from now the household brings in $10k/month. Would be worth borrowing for that.

Oh sure, Bill.
Let us know what year it will be when the federal government will be operating in the black.
Really? Your naivety runs that deep?

Ok, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt for a moment. Try to understand.

The federal debt will NEVER go away.

Take your time. Read that again. And again.

While I doubt it can possibly sink in to that myopic brain of yours , this is the reality that our economy has run on for over a hundred years. And look where we are!!!! The greatest country on earth? Top ten? Certainly, without doubt, unequivocally the greatest economy the world has EVER seen. Right now.

Do you know why?

Take some time. Study. I’ll wait for a thoughtful response.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

We’ve been cratering for over 100 years.

And will continue to crater, but it’s not due to the national debt.

For more info Google “fossil fuels” and “plastic pollution.”
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:The federal debt will NEVER go away.
Of course.

You said...
Perhaps in a year from now the household brings in $10k/month. Would be worth borrowing for that.
You are implying that the U.S. is borrowing because down the road, it will result in a surplus in a given year.

In what specific year do you imagine the U.S. will run a surplus?

The last time it happened was 1998, and the U.S. government was barely in the black for one year.

We run deficits every year, and they are growing larger.

And as has been pointed out by The Seer and myself, as the U.S. debt grows larger, the pct. of our annual budget that goes toward just paying interest on the debt continues to grow.
This means that the government cannot fund other things that it could/should be funding.

The spending is bat shit out of control. Face reality.
Bill in Houston
Eternal Scobode

You’re moving closer to actually “getting it”.

I don’t know when the deficit gets reduced. How about that?!?! What matters to the global economic structure is that we continue to service the debt. As we have always done. Does that take a larger portion of our production/output? Of course. When opportunity presents itself we should take advantage of it. After a prolonged period of minimal investment, we should assume the investment in our future.

Are you too old, too far gone to want to invest in our future?
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Bill wrote:Are you too old, too far gone to want to invest in our future?
No, I am too smart to fall for b.s.

Our kids and grandkids are being buggered, thanks to people like you.

When I left for Korea 18 years ago, I could buy a 16 oz. Coke at 7-11 for $1.25.
That Coke now costs $2.75.

In a generation, we've seen things inflate more than 100%.

I am too smart to fall for b.s.

- poptart
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

Maybe, just maybe, we could somehow improve a system that enables 3 Americans to have more wealth than 50% of the country.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Softball Bat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm
Bill wrote:Are you too old, too far gone to want to invest in our future?
No, I am too smart to fall for b.s.

Our kids and grandkids are being buggered, thanks to people like you.

When I left for Korea 18 years ago, I could buy a 16 oz. Coke at 7-11 for $1.25.
That Coke now costs $2.75.

In a generation, we've seen things inflate more than 100%.

I am too smart to fall for b.s.

- poptart
Maybe you should cut down or stop drinking Coke.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Roux wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:42 pm Maybe, just maybe, we could somehow improve a system that enables 3 Americans to have more wealth than 50% of the country.
9/27/22
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Roux wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:42 pm Maybe, just maybe, we could somehow improve a system that enables 3 Americans to have more wealth than 50% of the country.
You have the wrong focus. Those three people, and their similar ilk, are equipped the easiest to absorb the detrimental economic policies that are hollowing out the middle class.

But don’t worry about that sound. It’s just the printers printing more and more paper money. Pay no attention, you’ll be fine.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Roux
Elwood

Post by Roux »

I do not claim to have the answer to that issue, I certainty do not have that expertise.

But it is an issue. In Louisiana, for example, about 1/4 to 1/5 of the population qualifies for SNAP benefits; trust me, that is poverty.

And it should not be that way. Again, I do not have a plan or an answer. But I do wish that our local, state, and federal officials would use their considerable might to eliminate poverty and expand the middle class.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Softball Bat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:53 am Ex-Trump Organization CFO Allen Weisselberg Reportedly Negotiating Plea Deal

As part of the deal, Weisselberg would have to admit he perjured himself on the stand in October 2023 in former President
Donald Trump’s civil fraud trial and that he lied under oath while being interviewed by the New York Attorney General’s office,
the New York Times reported.

The lawsuit the allegations against Weisselberg stem from was brought by the New York Attorney General and accused Trump,
his children and business associates of committing fraud by lying about the value of assets for personal gain.

A guilty plea would mark Weisselberg’s second guilty plea recently, as he pleaded guilty to criminal charges in 2022 when he
was convicted of tax evasion.

15. That’s how many criminal tax fraud charges Weisselberg pleaded guilty to in 2022, when he admitted he had conspired to
avoid paying taxes on corporate benefits...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mollybohan ... f5db8d27a5
Weaselberg will plead guilty for a 2nd time.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/04/politics ... index.html

It will be the second guilty plea by Weisselberg, who in 2022 pleaded guilty to 15 counts of tax fraud and testified
in the trial of two Trump Org. entities. Weisselberg was credited with giving truthful testimony and the entities
were convicted and fined. The judge sentenced Weisselberg to five months in jail and supervised release. He
served about 100 days in Rikers Island jail.

The latest charges are a blow personally for Weisselberg, who is in his late 70s with medical issues...
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Supreme Court overturns Colorado ballot ban :lol: :hfal: :hfal:

well kiss my ass and call it rosy
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

General Peters wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm Supreme Court overturns Colorado ballot ban :lol: :hfal: :hfal:

They FEAR who the citizens choose for President so they will continue lying and using every election interference tactic that they can create before 11/3. They are scumbags...relentless scumbags....
E UNUM PLURIBUS
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

Meat Head wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:17 am In case anyone wants to actually read it before spouting off...

Section 3.
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.
How'd that bs work out for ya....BITCH? :hfal: :hfal: :hfal:
General Peters
All-American Kid

Post by General Peters »

The Seer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:32 pm

They FEAR who the citizens choose for President so they will continue lying and using every election interference tactic that they can create before 11/3. They are scumbags...relentless scumbags....
Fukken YEP.

And droves here continue to gum their cokks!!!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

The Seer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:32 pm
General Peters wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm Supreme Court overturns Colorado ballot ban :lol: :hfal: :hfal:

Says the party that is so scared of how people will vote that they purge voter rolls of people who are legally authorized to vote, outlaw voting by mail and produce robocalls to give false information to voters.

Fukkin yep....
9/27/22
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:49 pm Says the party that is so scared of how people will vote that they purge voter rolls of people who are legally authorized to vote, outlaw voting by mail and produce robocalls to give false information to voters.
A third FUBAR is the lawfare campaign of the Democratic Party and its regime in power against the citizens of this land. This folder includes overt and obvious political prosecutions by DA’s and AG’s who make election promises to “go after” individuals without such niceties as probable cause. It includes the gigantic new scaffold of inter-agency censorship and propaganda. It includes the psychopathic struggle sessions mandated by “diversity and inclusion” policy. It includes election-rigging directed by the likes of Marc Elias and Norm Eisen, getting states to fiddle laws on voter ID and mail-in ballots. It includes the political protection of rogue groups ranging from looter flash-mobs to Antifa anarchists who bust up things and people and burn buildings down. It includes state officials who peremptorily kick candidates off the ballot. It includes a nakedly biased judiciary, and especially the use of the DC federal district court to punish people extralegally, unjustly, extravagantly, and cruelly. In short, lawfare is the complete perversion of law, and we-the-people are entreated by reprobate officials such as Merrick Garland and Letitia James to accept it.
E UNUM PLURIBUS