Harvey

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: Harvey

Post by Goober McTuber »

You can't expect a slack-jawed fuckwit like suckaholic to understand climate change. He does understand concrete block basements, though.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

It's likely we're going to be dealing with this type of thing on an annual basis. So who's going to pay for these huge handouts?

Will Federal Tax need to increase annually to cover the budget short falls. Sooner or later a ever increasing federal budget with more retirees than workers is going to kick all our asses when the dollar is worth about as much as a peso.

Hence my point about not rebuilding in coastal areas destroyed by rising water. The Mississippi flood plain is another area to avoid.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Last edited by Joe in PB on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:You can't expect a slack-jawed fuckwit like suckaholic to understand climate change. He does understand concrete block basements, though.
You're right. Why spend a few bucks jacking it up in the first place because "it never flooded there before". Better to just cry after it does and blame global warming or climate change or whatever the fukk it is this week. Is the climate changing? Prolly. Are we causing it? Who the fukk knows. According to "experts" our coastal cities were already going to be under water by now, or in an ice age, depending on whether you go back 10 years or 40 years for your expert predictions. When I lived it Tennessee and had a house built, the 500 year flood line ran across where the house sits. I spent a few hundred bucks and had them lay an extra 2 courses. Looking back, I wish I had had them dig out the site a bit, laid another 4 or 5 courses and had a nice 3 car garage in the basement. This is the kind of stuff they need to look at doing rather than just building windmills and blaming evil old white dudes.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:You can't expect a slack-jawed fuckwit like suckaholic to understand climate change. He does understand concrete block basements, though.
You're right. Why spend a few bucks jacking it up in the first place because "it never flooded there before". Better to just cry after it does and blame global warming or climate change or whatever the fukk it is this week. Is the climate changing? Prolly. Are we causing it? Who the fukk knows. According to "experts" our coastal cities were already going to be under water by now, or in an ice age, depending on whether you go back 10 years or 40 years for your expert predictions. When I lived it Tennessee and had a house built, the 500 year flood line ran across where the house sits. I spent a few hundred bucks and had them lay an extra 2 courses. Looking back, I wish I had had them dig out the site a bit, laid another 4 or 5 courses and had a nice 3 car garage in the basement. This is the kind of stuff they need to look at doing rather than just building windmills and blaming evil old white dudes.
Yes, because it makes total sense to build a basement at sea level. Idiot. Looking back, I wish they had dug the site out a bit and buried you in it.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You build it so that the bottom of the basement is at the normal water table level. You backfill around the walls. You understand that the basement will flood during heavy rains, but it's a slab and concrete walls. It can take it.

I am not familiar with the areas geology. The one thing that would make this a serious PITA is if there is bedrock right close to the surface
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

When you start lining out certain areas of the country as areas that shouldn't be rebuilt due to floods, why stop there? Why rebuild in areas where there are tornadoes? Earthquakes? Volcanoes? Tsunamis? Hail storms? Blizzards? Pretty soon we won't have any areas left to build or live/work in.

Now you want to build/live in an area and don't carry flood insurance then that is on you. You want to live in Cali and don't pay for earthquake riders on your policy? Great, but you go to the back of the line for assistance in rebuilding. Where this becomes an issue is for renters.

Agree with JSC on the amendment process for Congress. They need better rules.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

I'm sure glad that God & god has moved Joel Osteen to minister to the needs of the flood victims!

Oh, wait...

Why is it that we aren't taxing these scam artists?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Joel Osteen is a life coach not a preacher. I would agree with taxing him.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

smackaholic wrote: At time of construction, this would not cost more than a few grand.
A few, meaning probably somewhere between $20,000 and $40,000 depending on the size of the house and the area you're building in?

That, and not everybody gets to build their own home. They're sort of limited to what's available on the market when they need to move.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Surprised nobody's posted this yet...

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Basements? We don't do them in many parts of Texas due to the high water table within a 100 miles of the coast and bedrock within a foot of the soil in much of central Texas.

All of my homes here have been pier and slab or pier and beam. Why pay to excavate a basement when you can build up or out?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Sports take a backseat at a time like this, but they also provide a rally point for those who are suffering. Here is where some of the Houston teams are this week:

Rice is practicing at TCU.

Houston is practicing at Texas.

The Houston Texans are practicing at the Cowboys and the pre-season game on Thursday in Houston will be in Dallas.

Houston Astros will host home games for the next week at the Trop in Tampa/St Pete.

Props to those who have stepped up and hosted these players and teams.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Mean old levee taught me to weep and moan...

88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

10,000 cubic square feet per second?

:shock:

I wonder how that compares to Lake Shasta.

and if the addicks reservoir fails, where will all the addicks to go hang out? They could prolly be transported to Skid Row in LA and not even be noticed.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Downtown is 20 plus miles from that detention reservoir. Downtown Houston wouldn't be gone. Thousands of homes and hundreds of business though between downtown and the spillway would be.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

So global warming is to blame.

Building slab on grade is to blame.

Trump is to blame.

Putting more roofs and pavement takes soil out of percolation, increase velocity of draining water is to blame.

You can put all the spin you want on it, you can build crawl space and basements, none of this means jack fucking shit when you get 20 plus inches of rain in 24 hours. But go ahead and throw monkey shit at each other on the talking points.

Maybe the Texans don't want the Federal cheese and all the associated must do's that go along with it.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Left Seater wrote:When you start lining out certain areas of the country as areas that shouldn't be rebuilt due to floods, why stop there? Why rebuild in areas where there are tornadoes? Earthquakes? Volcanoes? Tsunamis? Hail storms? Blizzards? Pretty soon we won't have any areas left to build or live/work in.
I'd say low lying areas on the gulf coast, and flood plains have a much higher probability of a disaster recurrence than the others you listed. Houston floods every year, and like New Orleans, some areas should not be rebuilt.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Joe in PB wrote:
Global warming means stronger storms more often, whether they be hurricanes, tornadoes, Nor Easters, etc.

Got a link to any scientific data that backs that load of horse shit up ??
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Mikey wrote:10,000 cubic square feet per second?

and if the addicks reservoir fails, where will all the addicks to go hang out? They could prolly be transported to Skid Row in LA and not even be noticed.
https://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?SHA
Derron
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Left Seater wrote:Joel Osteen is a life coach manipulating lying quack not a preacher. I would agree with taxing him.
FTFY.
Derron
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Derron wrote:Got a link to any scientific data that backs that load of horse shit up ??
Katrina was a 100 year storm, Sandy was a 100 year storm, now Harvey is a 500 year storm, and all happened in the last 12 years. But hey believe what you want.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Joe in PB wrote:
Derron wrote:Got a link to any scientific data that backs that load of horse shit up ??
Katrina was a 100 year storm, Sandy was a 100 year storm, now Harvey is a 500 year storm, and all happened in the last 12 years. But hey believe what you want.
Got it. Because the 100 year storms occurred in the last 12 years that is the scientific proof you need to support your global warming claims. Defend that in your next doctorate thesis.
Derron
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

There's a lot of info out there, i've bee living in the same house for 25 years, and know what i see, water temps 5-7 degrees warmer than what was normal, and air temps 10-20 warmer than normal. Let me guess, you were one of those peeps that didn't believe smoking caused cancer until the Surgeon General put the warning on the side of the pack.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Derron wrote:
Mikey wrote:10,000 cubic square feet per second?

https://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?SHA
That's some seriously fine data. I don't see any cubic square feet per second though. They probably only have those in Texas.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Joe in PB wrote:There's a lot of info out there, i've bee living in the same house for 25 years, and know what i see, water temps 5-7 degrees warmer than what was normal, and air temps 10-20 warmer than normal. Let me guess, you were one of those peeps that didn't believe smoking caused cancer until the Surgeon General put the warning on the side of the pack.
I think he's one of those peeps that didn't believe smoking caused cancer because the Surgeon General put the warning on the side of the pack.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
That's some seriously fine data. I don't see any cubic square feet per second though. They probably only have those in Texas.

40% logic, by Texas math.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:There's a lot of info out there, i've bee living in the same house for 25 years, and know what i see, water temps 5-7 degrees warmer than what was normal, and air temps 10-20 warmer than normal.
Because "correlation = causation" is what solid science is based on.

Let me guess, you were one of those peeps that didn't believe smoking caused cancer until the Surgeon General put the warning on the side of the pack.

I've said it many times -- smoking is bad for you. And if you believe the "statistics" the government and the organizations they fund put out... you need to get your ass back to a junior high school math class, STAT! They're actually hilarious.

HINT: people who smoke 2 packs a day for 50 years have a less than 1% chance of dying from lung cancer. But don't tell that to the dogma preached by government-funded scientists... and does "government-funded scientific dogma which shall not be questioned" ring a bell?

HINT: there's been a serious lull in Gulf hurricane activity in the last decade (yet another failed prediction from the Cult).

HINT: The sea level has dropped dramatically in the last 300 years.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Dinsdale wrote:
HINT: people who smoke 2 packs a day for 50 years have a less than 1% chance of dying from lung cancer.
That's not my experience after losing two grand parents, co-workers, and friends who were a pack or more a day smokers.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Joe in PB wrote:water temps 5-7 degrees warmer than what was normal, and air temps 10-20 warmer than normal.
Before I say bullfuckingshit to your claim, I will give you the opportunity to find some documenting data and links that you can post that confirms that your average air temps are 10 -20 degrees warmer over the last 25 years that you have lived in your hood.

I know that data is pretty much available for every location in the US, so you should have no problem finding it. I looked at some past weather data today to compare some ET rates / temperatures to brix values in grapes in a comparable time frame 15 years ago and did not notice that huge increase in temps you are claiming. But maybe that just happens in your area right ?? Kind of fucks the whole global thing right ??

I will take your answer on the air please.
Derron
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

How high is the water?

Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Barker spillway is 4 feet from being hit, Addicks just under 4 feet

https://twitter.com/EricPattonPsi/statu ... 5903788032

:|
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
HINT: people who smoke 2 packs a day for 50 years have a less than 1% chance of dying from lung cancer.
That's not my experience after losing two grand parents, co-workers, and friends who were a pack or more a day smokers.
I stated stone-cold FACTS. Not "well, I once knew a guy"... but FACTS.

You gave anecdotal evidence.

So, you decided to double-down on "correlation = causation"? Maybe you should sit the fancy-shmancy scientific stuff out.

Dinsdale wrote: I've said it many times -- smoking is bad for you. And if you believe the "statistics" the government and the organizations they fund put out... you need to get your ass back to a junior high school math class, STAT! They're actually hilarious.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:I looked at some past weather data today to compare some ET rates / temperatures to brix values in grapes in a comparable time frame 15 years ago and did not notice that huge increase in temps you are claiming.

You were measuring the temperature wrong 15 years ago. You need to go back and lower the values you observed in the past, to make it more accurate.

Sin,
NASA/NOAA
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Derron wrote:I looked at some past weather data today to compare some ET rates / temperatures to brix values in grapes

Aaaaaad on a hijacking note:

Have you done any brix readings yet? If so, which varietals? I haven't seen any yet, but since I haven't been doing the IT shit, and been toiling at the winery, I'm sure I'll be hearing numbers soon.

Also -- are we talking lab results, or refractometer?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I've been on dump truck, a Jon boat, an Airboat, and in the bed of an F150 within the past 24 hours. Finally got a shower and a bed. We head back in the plant tomorrow to relieve other team.

Shit is bad here on the east side. Rain just won't let up. Wife says water is halfway up our yard now. I live in a 500 year floodplain.

Sent from Screwey's Lint Filter
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Rumps wrote:I live in a 500 year floodplain.
So you took one for the spawn, Rumps.

The great, great, great, great, great (x a lot) grandkids are gonna be walkin' in sunshine.

Hopefully NAZA will float away into the gulf...
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Mrs. Rumps reporting house will be taking on water within the next couple of hours.

Sent from Screwey's Lint Filter
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Diego wrote:Joel Osteen
I had reason to go to Lakewood Church a few times back when Joel's Dad (John) was the head pastor.
He was a real pastor, really preaching the gospel.
Not totally my cup of tea, but I respected that he was preaching the Word.

Joel has turned it into a new age power-of-positive-thinking center -- with some Jesus mixed in.
And of course a center for hawking all of his books and videos.

I blame the church elders for what the place has become.
They should have had more spiritual sense than to elevate Joel to head pastor when his dad died.
He never went to seminary.
And you can tell by listening to him.

It's pathetic.
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Btw, check out how Joel handled the naked church shitter.

bwaaaa...
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

BREAKING - Addicks Reservoir spillover imminent - @JeffLindner1 w Harris Co FC tells
me it's "unchartered territory" #Houston @foxandfriends

https://twitter.com/GriffJenkins/status ... 8625462273