Steelers v Chiefs

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Steelers v Chiefs

Post by BSmack »

Steelers v Chiefs for the right to play in the AFC Championship game. Which of course will be played as it is every year in Foxboro.

I know there's a lot of Chiefs fans still around here. Some of you might want me to make a sig bet. I won't. Truth is I have no idea what Pittsburgh Steelers are going to be capable of next week. They may blow your lobster red and mustard yellow Chiefs out of Narrowhead. Or they might roll over and die. Just remember when it's all over it won't change any of our lives. But I will have fun thinking about how much you guys are going to suffer while waiting for this game.

How long has it been since the Chiefs playoff win? I think the last one was pre Monica Lewinsky Bill Clinton times. Shoot I think MC Hammer was still a thing. You guys are all wearing Zubaz back then. Layne Staley was still alive and Dinsdale had a 200 pound limit.

I mean I feel bad for you guys. Oh sure you haven't sucked as bad as Buffalo and Cleveland. But in comparison to cities that actually matter you've had a bad time.

Now if I believed in any form of organized religion or even non-organized spiritualistic woo woo, I might even go so far as to say a prayer or maybe kill a small rodent for you. Might even do a sun dance or something. But none of that is going to help you. And you guys are still going to have a football team that may or may not ever win a playoff game. I mean shoot with the Trump administration we may not have an NFL for much longer.

Anyway just wanted to say hello to some of you guys defending the red faith since time begin in the world of smack boards. If y'all win I'll be happy for you and if you lose I will laugh at you. It is the way of the world
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Re: Steelers v Chiefs

Post by Dan Vogel »

If Ed Podolak has a big day you guys are screwed, B.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dan Vogel wrote:Ed Podolak
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

A steady diet of 65 toss power trap.

Then hit 'em every once in a while with a reverse out of the tight I.

That's the ticket for KC in this one.

Have a nice day.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

I expect KC to keep matriculating the ball down the field... boys.

KC - 24
PIT - 23

Have a nice day.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

If y'all win I'll be happy for you
Beware the forked tongue of BourgeoisSmack, people of Kansas.

He hated the Bills in 1983 when they couldn't beat a fat chick. I suspect his hatred of Buffalo stems from Beebs blasting the Steelers four times in a game and Bruce Smith body-slamming Justin Strylsglughlhk for kicking Cornelius Bennett in the nuts.
He holds a grudge.

The people of RaChaCha breathe different air.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
If y'all win I'll be happy for you
Beware the forked tongue of BourgeoisSmack, people of Kansas.

He hated the Bills in 1983 when they couldn't beat a fat chick. I suspect his hatred of Buffalo stems from Beebs blasting the Steelers four times in a game and Bruce Smith body-slamming Justin Strylsglughlhk for kicking Cornelius Bennett in the nuts.
He holds a grudge.

The people of RaChaCha breathe different air.
Nice Justin Strelzyk reference. Of course he was a Buffalo guy. He's buried in St. Stanislaus Cemetery. Tragic shit.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 0410310241
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

To me this is the best match up of the weekend. KC is a weird team. They give up a lot of yards but they keep teams out of the end zone. The 26th rated rush defense vs Le'Veon Bell isn't a great recipe. I'll go Stillers 23-20.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Chiefs have lost their last 4 home playoff games, I believe. As usual, some fucked up weather will play a role in the outcome. I have had my heart ripped out and stomped on so many times I am fully prepared for another excruciatingly painful loss that will leave me distraught unto my grave... of which that time shrinks with every day that passes.

But I want to be a glass half full guy... so in defying all expectations, somehow made it 55 orbits around Sol today. Wonders never cease.

Chiefs 16
Steelers 13

In OT.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

BSmack wrote: Nice Justin Strelzyk reference.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/stee ... 0410310241
Knew he was a Buffalo type and remember reading about the wreck, but that story is just depressing. Wow. He just gave off bad vibes, always.
And happy B-day Mr. Wags - Chiefs win heap big, 27-17 and that'll flatter the Steelers.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Yeah dysfunctional families and mental illness combined with premature career termination and CTE tend to result in very sad stories.

I see now that the game has been pushed back to a primetime game. I'm not even going to drop weather pussy smack on Kansas City for this. I'm just going to remind them that they have a real shitty record in Sunday night games. Happy birthday Wags.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:I see now that the game has been pushed back to a primetime game.
A wise decision, made at that time, based on the forecast but the ice storm is slow/late in getting here. It may then be late leaving, in which case it won't have mattered. Who knows? Weather in these parts is notoriously hard to predict. It may not amount to much or it could be a catastrophe.

Biggest problem for many will be in trying to go to work Monday morning. I've already told my boss that I'll be in later than usual, if at all.

I'm just going to remind them that they have a real shitty record in Sunday night games.
Not true. They have gone 3-0 this season on Sunday night. The week 4 loss at PIT was a Thursday night debacle, they didn't even show up.

No matter, throw away previous results. They mean nothing now... it's a New Year and a new season. Single elimination.

I expect a terrific game, both teams throwing everything they have at each other including the kitchen sink with the garbage disposal (Dontari Poe?) still attached.

The Kansas City motherfucking Chiefs simply must have to win this game, whatever it takes and no matter the cost.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I'm still pissed the Chiefs drafted Dontari Poe.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

BSmack wrote:Steelers v Chiefs for the right to play in the AFC Championship game. Which of course will be played as it is every year in Foxboro.
Yep, this league is more rigged than a Russian-hacked election. Pity the Pats don't play in a Man's Division, like the West.
I know there's a lot of Chiefs fans still around here. Some of you might want me to make a sig bet.
I was thinking more along the lines of a ca$he bet... You know, like maybe something like $15? You'd be good for it, right?
I won't. Truth is I have no idea what Pittsburgh Steelers are going to be capable of next week. They may blow your lobster red and mustard yellow Chiefs out of Narrowhead. Or they might roll over and die. Just remember when it's all over it won't change any of our lives. But I will have fun thinking about how much you guys are going to suffer while waiting for this game.
So true. Kinda like all the fun we're having right now thinking about how much you're going to suffer over the next eight years.
How long has it been since the Chiefs playoff win? I think the last one was pre Monica Lewinsky Bill Clinton times. Shoot I think MC Hammer was still a thing. You guys are all wearing Zubaz back then. Layne Staley was still alive and Dinsdale had a 200 pound limit.
So your Internet doesn't come equipped with a Google. Last January, 30-zip over the Texans at Reliant. Incidentally our last home playoff win was over the Steelers...

And since when does Dinsdale have a weight limit? I always thought the determining factor was whether she had a pulse.. (Pulse, Scott, not purse...)
I mean I feel bad for you guys. Oh sure you haven't sucked as bad as Buffalo and Cleveland. But in comparison to cities that actually matter you've had a bad time.
City-smack, B? Really? How many football teams does Rochester have? As for our well-being..

We're getting along just fine enjoying a championship Pittsburgh hasn't sniffed since the Carter administration.
Now if I believed in any form of organized religion or even non-organized spiritualistic woo woo, I might even go so far as to say a prayer or maybe kill a small rodent for you. Might even do a sun dance or something. But none of that is going to help you. And you guys are still going to have a football team that may or may not ever win a playoff game. I mean shoot with the Trump administration we may not have an NFL for much longer.

Given the weather around here, a sun dance would be most appreciated. As for football, aren't you ninnies the ones using player health concerns to regulate/legislate the game into obscurity? You should worry more about Trump rounding up you, Screwey and Pedo in Seattle and putting you in camps for the way you think.
Anyway just wanted to say hello to some of you guys defending the red faith since time begin in the world of smack boards. If y'all win I'll be happy for you and if you lose I will laugh at you. It is the way of the world
Indeed. I'll being rooting for tomorrow's winner to take out Captain America and the New-fucking-England Patriots next week regardless. Cheers!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Rack Truman
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:The weather was an excuse

NBC and the League wanted to move the game to Primetime to grab as many eyeballs as possible
Hogwash.

If that were the rationale, they could've just scheduled it that way in the first place. In which case they would've had GB/DAL in prime time while PIT/KC would be in the late afternoon time slot.

The divisional round playoff scheduling has been like this for a long time, they didn't just move the game time for the whack reasoning you just claimed. Do you not realize the immense amount of logistics involved with changing the game time less than 72 hours prior?

I can't believe I'm reading this from your keyboard, did Pickle steal your password?
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Gotta agree with the Trump honk here for a change, MLK Day on Monday factors into this decision as well.

Steelers +1.5.
Last edited by Bucmonkey on Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Bucs, Gators
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Go Bucs, Gators
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Rack Truman
He's been pretty scarce up until now. Must have gotten early parole.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote:The league has long avoided Sunday night playoff games because if the visiting team won, they effectively lose a day due to the travel back.
I'm not buying that either. Since when did the NFL care about anything other than maximizing profit?

A team lost a day due to travel? Boo-hoo, rub some dirt on it, pussy. You're going to London twice next year, bitches! Maybe Berlin!

No Scott, this was about ticket prices and sales on the secondary market. There's the profit angle, and yet they can claim it was all about fan safety... and maybe there's some truth to that too. Don't want your hardcore, season ticket buying fan base sliding off I-435 (JoCo's) and denting their Lexus.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Andy Reid has an insane record in games after a bi ( :wink: ) week.

Use your Google thing and look it up.

Pittsburgh is going -----> DOWN.

Have a nice day.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Reid is 11-11 in the playoffs.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Still appropriate today...

Die in a fire, Shittsburgh.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Well, shit... PIT was the better team.

Good luck against the Pats.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Reid and his staff did the job alright, credit to them.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Wagon wrote:Well, shit... PIT was the better team.

Good luck against the Pats.
Ditto.

Ugly win, but I know it looked pretty to you, B.

Griefs are punked once again.

Have a nice day.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

It was ugly as hell. Steelers are going to need to finish those drives next week.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

So thanks to the Steelers, it's 'Go Falcons'! rather than AFC pride. Thanks B :meds:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

There was a play in the second quarter where I noticed that there was literally nobody in the area shown in the tv screen that was covering Hogan. That's when I realized the game was over. Whatever they were supposed to do to prepare for this game the Steelers did not do it.

I scared the shit out of my wife because of screaming at the TV, "There's nobody covering Hogan!!!" She's a fan but she doesn't think that's normal behavior.

So yeah, go Falcons. At least my dad will get a kick out of it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:I scared the shit out of my wife because of screaming at the TV...
You don't have her trained well enough.

Even the dogs know to go hide under the bed when there's a Chiefs game on. When my daughter is watching the game with the old man, she's even louder, compensating for the guy who has had his heart ripped out too many damn times.

She's only 29, she'll eventually learn, but the Royals of late have given her a false sense of hope of what it means to be a KC sports fan.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

My wife has watched 14 years worth of Steelers games with me. Funny thing is you take her out to a bar and she can be very loud. At home she's like a church mouse.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown