Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: I dont do the pickem thing

Post by Screw_Michigan »

It's the honor system, idiot.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

You are truly as fucking stupid as represented.
Go Bucs, Gators
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Bucmonkey wrote:You are truly as fucking stupid as represented.
Any time you can get me and Buc to agree on something, you've definitely struck fool's gold.

But to try to explain the obvious to someone who has trouble grasping it (that would be you, Schmick)...

The first post in the weekly thread is by 88, who posts the spreads (we don't use moving lines like Vegas, just the spread at the time the list is posted). The only thing that's different each week is the chart itself -- the body of the post has been the same for years. And since you're kinda dumb, I'll explain (even though it's explained in 88's post), the pick set he shows in his post... wait for it...

is an example of proper formatting. By Saturday morning, you'll see another post from 88, with his actual picks for the week.

And the answer to your extra-stupid question... take a look at the upper right corner of this post (if you're logged in). See what that says?

Kind of explains why a lot of people get their picks in by Thursday afternoon.

And guess what else? If I go back and edit this post, it will say something like "Edited by Dinsdale, 1 Time In Total," or something to that effect. And the time it was done will show (as explained in the rules at the top of the thread) what time it was edited.

But that's never been an issue, since everyone in the game has always had deep respect fr the honor system... and it ain't like we're playing for money. There have been instances where people were unaware that a game was in fact on Thursday night, and picked it after the fact... but every instance I can recall (I did it myself a few years ago), the pick was wrong anyway (which kind of rules out any accusations of cheating). I seem to recall someone (Mike maybe?) accidentally posting games after they started, and immediately informed everyone and called a foul on himself (and didn't do very well anyway).

You should join us, Schmicky. Makes for some fun discussions. You can still win a week and get in the Bowl Round.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

schmick wrote:The idiot would be the one who waits til Friday to pick the loser of a game played on Thursday
i did that once. :doh:

got my picks in at about midnight friday and picked the thursday loser...

went 2-8 that week. good times.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Moby Dick wrote:
schmick wrote:The idiot would be the one who waits til Friday to pick the loser of a game played on Thursday
i did that once.
As mentioned, I've done it. We're CFB fans, and we naturally assume games are on Saturday, and get lax (where did Lax go, anyway?) about checking times.

Steve is apparently the newest member of our distinguished "Picked A Thursday Loser On Friday" club.

And I still can't remember anyone getting an after-the-fact Thursday pick correct.

So, to answer your question, Schmick -- people fuck up from time to time. Doesn't mean our honor system doesn't work well. If he would have discovered his mistake, Steve would have called foul on himself, and threw himself on the mercy of the board (who I'm guessing would have just thrown out that one pick, and moved on, due to his being a longtime upstanding member of the Pick'em Game and BTPCFB, although 88 is the final say on such matters).

Join us next week. Just don't pick the Thursday games on Friday.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Yep, I had no clue the game was already played or why someone who doesn't play the game would spend time scouring the picks for discrepancies. Obviously it's not cheating as I got it and about 65% of my picks wrong this year. Not that I'm a threat to win this week, but you can put me down for a zilch this week if that's what needs to happen.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wondering why a poster picked the loser of a game that was already played is an understandable curiosity. The puzzling part of your post is you seemed genuinely interested to know why 88 posted two different sets of picks, yet the explanation was provided in both the body of 88's initial post and in Dinsdale's response to your direct question. It's strange that you would care enough to start a thread wondering why this was so, yet are unwilling to take the short amount of time it would require to read the very information that would satiate this interest.

Too long, didn't read version: you're an idiot.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

He never had different game numbers, moron.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:As mentioned, I've done it.
I'd like to know wtf you haven't done.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Won a week.