Good Afternoon, T1B!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Good Afternoon, T1B!

Post by Go Coogs' »

I was doing a little bass fishin' between hunts today...

...and it got me to thinking about shit that really bothers me about people.

1) I can't stand people who don't want to work when it isn't required. We have a real disconnect between generations right now at work. The young folk (22-28 years old) feel it's not important to do a little housekeeping in the units when things are running smoothly. They feel they're above that and because they sport the Chevron patch, keeping the area clean is below them. There is no getting through to them. They simply don't care.

2) Cheap tippers. Look, I understand bad service gets a bad tip, but you wouldn't believe how many people out there run up a $100+ tab and throw down a five spot as they head for the door. I see this a lot at my wife's bar with all kinds of customers doing it to all the different bartenders. If it has to do with $$$, then you shouldn't be at the bar in the first place. I've been 20%er my entire adult life, cuz the service industry sucks.

3) Bad parents - I'm not talking about the deadbeats. No-no....I'm talking about the ones who believe their children can do no wrong and they will do everything in their power to blame and alter the system to benefit their child. They are the absolute worse kind.

How 'bout y'all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: Good Afternoon, T1B!

Post by Wolfman »

Sadly, it is only going to get worse. In a way, I'm glad I'm taking my last lap as it were. I feel bad for my grandchildren.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

A Dodge?
Go Bucs, Gators
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Bucmonkey wrote:A Dodge?

TRUCK FIGHT!

:popcorn:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

RAM tough, baby.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Papa Willie wrote:Fishing must not have been too good if you had the time to type all of that. :)
Catching them every other cast. I took a break.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

And your HD diesel of choice?

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Nice pic. It looks fake. Was it lifted from m2's account?

1. No slacker here. No laziness allowed at work, especially.

2. 20% tipper. Don't stiff service workers.

3. Kid forget his lunch? He'll figure something out. Kid got a detention that maybe wasn't fair? Serve it anyway.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

trev wrote:Nice pic. It looks fake.
I took it and ran it through one filter on my iPhone. Here's the original and some others I took today for shits and giggles...

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Go Coogs' wrote:

Sorry, I am incapable of posting the pic I just took...to answer, still have my 2003, F350, 7.3 L Diesel...that's the choice till it burns out.
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Wolfman wrote:Sadly, it is only going to get worse. In a way, I'm glad I'm taking my last lap as it were. I feel bad for my grandchildren.
What an original take!

Sincerely,

Every generation since the dawn of man
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Bucmonkey wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:

7.3 L...when we still made an environmentally unfriendly engine...
Go Bucs, Gators
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I think the International 7.3 was the best Diesel engine ever made. They'll last forever, however, driving in one of those things you can't even carry on a conversation and earplugs are almost a requirement. Ever since Ford abandoned the 7.3, they've had more problems with their turbos than the other two manufacturers. I've heard the 6.0 (a huge disaster after the 7.3) that once you drop $5k+ in it and bulletproof it, its very reliable. Since then, Ford has tinkered and played with the 6.4 and 6.7 going with twin turbos, single turbos, back to twin turbos and so on and so on. It's been sketchy to say the least.

GM makes the quietest diesel with their Isuzu Duramax and that bad ass Allison transmission, but the power just isn't there. You can forget making any kind of attempt in passing someone on a two lane highway as it lacks any boost. It's a nice looking truck and the bells and whistles are tops among the three, but it's too nice and is suited for old timers.

Ever since Fiat purchased Chrysler and RAM became their own entity with their own engineers and creative team, the truck has come a long way. The Cummins has never been the issue as it's a solid beast, but Dodge never could build a truck around it to outlast the motor. They built shit drivetrains, had transmission issues, cheap interiors, and the worst fuel mileage among the HDs. But now? They make a solid truck with a shit ton of power. They absolutely blow the new Fords and GMs off the line. They are still lacking a little in interior and the fine details and it's not as good looking as the Ford and GMC, but it gets better fuel mileage and Uconnect feature is better than Ford Sync IMO.

I was a huge Dodge doubter for years, but RAM is a different story. They seem to have their shit together and are building solid, reliable trucks. I'm only at 23k right now. I'll get back to you when I hit 100k and no problems arise....hopefully.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Go Coogs' wrote: 2) Cheap tippers. Look, I understand bad service gets a bad tip, but you wouldn't believe how many people out there run up a $100+ tab and throw down a five spot as they head for the door. I see this a lot at my wife's bar with all kinds of customers doing it to all the different bartenders. If it has to do with $$$, then you shouldn't be at the bar in the first place. I've been 20%er my entire adult life, cuz the service industry sucks.
The worst tippers are blacks and those that think they are special and run the servers ragged...because they can. If I'm burdened with one of them in my party, I always lag behind and kick up the tip. Sucks, but fuck them.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Seer wrote: The worst tippers are blacks
Yeah, because there are no shitty white tippers. Seriously, how fucking stupid and sheltered do you have to be to honestly believe that shit?

Go fuck yourself, moron. Take a hike back to tards.net.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
The Seer wrote: The worst tippers are blacks
Yeah, because there are no shitty white tippers. Seriously, how fucking stupid and sheltered do you have to be to honestly believe that shit?.
True story. Wife and I were at a nice seafood joint and had a black waiter and the first thing he said to us was, "Thank God for some white people, because I've had all the black tables tonight and they are the worst tippers." He could have been playing us, but it still surprised me he actually said it out loud.

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Go Coogs' wrote:I think the International 7.3 was the best Diesel engine ever made. They'll last forever, however, driving in one of those things you can't even carry on a conversation and earplugs are almost a requirement. Ever since Ford abandoned the 7.3, they've had more problems with their turbos than the other two manufacturers. I've heard the 6.0 (a huge disaster after the 7.3) that once you drop $5k+ in it and bulletproof it, its very reliable.

Yup, it is a bit loud in the cab but not all that bad can still use a cell phone.

And yes, the 6.0 was a huge piece of shit when it came out. Had a friend purchase one the first year it came out and for the first 6-8 months he owned the truck it was literally at the dealership more then his house.
Go Bucs, Gators
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

KC Scott wrote:Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason Jizzy
Thank you, Captain Obvious. The point is how stupid it is to make such broad generalizations.

Take your brain out of your purse and plug it back into your head before shitting out another take.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.