Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Because when it comes right down to it, in the grand scheme of things, the only two bands that really, truly matter are Sabbath and the Beatles, and nobody has successfully combined the essence of both bands quite as well as these guys. Saw them live a couple weeks ago and the vocal melodies were fucking on point.

"Keys, woman!"
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats

Post by Carson »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Because when it comes right down to it, in the grand scheme of things, the only two bands that really, truly matter are Sabbath and the Beatles
Wags meltdown in 3...2...1...

Awesome sound, how old are those dudes?
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

They do have a similar sound to Black Sabbath, with McCartney singing. Prefer the real thing, although Ozzy can barely walk & talk at the same time.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Carson wrote:Awesome sound, how old are those dudes?
Not sure of their ages, but they've only been around since '09. I'd guess maybe late 20s/early 30s.
"Keys, woman!"
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Great sound here Mike. Four long haired guys from England. Good discovery, just disappointed I missed them as they toured Phoenix about two weeks ago.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Jay in Phoenix wrote:Image

Great sound here Mike. Four long haired guys from England. Good discovery, just disappointed I missed them as they toured Phoenix about two weeks ago.
Not to rub it in, but you missed a damn good show. The Shrine and Danava played really strong opening sets, and I think they came pretty close to selling out the Crescent. I was still kicking myself for being a lazy old fart and skipping Baroness and Pallbearer two nights prior, so I'm glad I at least caught these guys. I was curious to see how well they'd execute all they vocal harmonies live, and I came away very impressed. I was actually a little suspicious if there was some "enhancement" going on. No real evidence of it, but that's how great they sounded live.
"Keys, woman!"