Felix...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Felix...

Post by Bucmonkey »

What the fuck is happening to the defending champs?? Damn...free agency is the biatch.
Go Bucs, Gators
mvscal
Blank

Re: Felix...

Post by mvscal »

$72 mil for Osweiler, though? I think I would have let him walk too. Sanchez obviously isn't the answer. Connor Cook?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

They've got to do something. Who else is better at the bottom of the draft?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Bucmonkey wrote:What the fuck is happening to the defending champs?? Damn...free agency is the biatch.
yeah, the other teams are going to start raiding the defense.....the Osweiler thing made no sense whatsoever....look if he'd come in and single handed won those games when Manning was hurt would be one thing, but the defense is what saved them....take a look at the playoff games and look at Mannings stats....you'd think the team he played for got their asses handed to them....

looks like the Texans are in desperation mode paying a guy that looked mediocre at his best 72 mil
but no doubt, this puts the Broncos in a precarious position.....

edit just read the broncos signed mark sanchez and are talking to the 49'rs about colin kapernick???? what, wasn't uncle rico available?

jeebus, sanchez and kapernick......
get out, get out while there's still time
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

mvscal wrote:$72 mil for Osweiler, though? I think I would have let him walk too.
You need to look into the details of the deal, shit-for-brains. The first two years are guaranteed and if he doesn't pan out, the Texans can cut Osweiler while taking a dead cap hit of $3mil and $6mil in '18 and '19 respectively. Houston structured the deal perfectly.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah $37 million guaranteed, you lard gargling cum rag.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

You obviously have no clue how this works. Sam Bradford set the market rate on QBs with his March 2nd signing for two years $36mil. Once he signed it pretty much locked in the rate for QBs on the market based on their level of talent; especially with a $12mil cap increase from 2015 for all 32 NFL franchises. Denver's initial offer was 3 years $39mil with no news as to how much was guaranteed. Then the offer was increased to 3 years $45mil, but soon after the Texans contacted Osweiler's agent during the two-day contact period reports surfaced from Ian Rapaport and Mike Klis that the offer was for more than $45 million probably averaging the salary somewhere in the $16-17mil per year range. I'm certain a little more than half of that was guaranteed money (although there are no reports as to how much Denver was guaranteeing in the offer). The Texans come in at $18mil and $19mil when its all said and done during the first two years of the contract and then they overpay the 3rd and 4th non-guaranteed years by $5mil according to the market rate Bradford's deal set. However, if Brock does not pan out the Texans can cut ties with him and they take a small dead cap money hit which, by then, will be covered by the annual salary cap increases set by the CBA.

They may have offered more guaranteed money up front, but I seriously doubt it was much more than what Denver was offering. Three year contracts are usually guaranteed close to 2/3rds of the total value of the contract. Try again, you miserable fuddy-duddy.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

"fuddy-duddy"? Oooh, that's harsh.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go Coogs' wrote:You obviously have no clue how this works. Sam Bradford set the market rate on QBs with his March 2nd signing for two years $36mil. Once he signed it pretty much locked in the rate for QBs on the market based on their level of talent;
I guess the Broncos didn't get that memo. They're laughing in your face. It wasn't market rate deal. It was a move of pure desperation.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

And you'd be wrong. The Texans have to win now because the defense is set up to carry them to the playoffs, but they lack a signal caller. Moving up in the draft for Goff or Wentz was not ideal and neither was taking Lynch our Cook because that just meant losing another prime season of production from JJ. Osweiler was your best option in this scenario and the Texans did overpay for him, but not by much. It was a smart move. They need a TE now and the offense should be somewhat watchable next season.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go Coogs' wrote:And you'd be wrong. The Texans have to win now because the defense is set up to carry them to the playoffs, but they lack a signal caller.
So...desperation.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:And you'd be wrong. The Texans have to win now because the defense is set up to carry them to the playoffs, but they lack a signal caller.
So...desperation.
Yep, paying that much for an unknown (and Osweiler's talents are really unknown) QB is a huge gamble.....if Denver wasn't willing to match the offer and knew they'd be left without a QB what does that tell you about Denver's confidence level in him?

If Denver can keep the core of the defense intact, they could probably win DESPITE having Sanchez behind center....
For the upcoming draft, they really want to get Paxton Lynch (from Memphis) but seriously doubt he'd still be there at 31st.....Denver is going to have to pay a heavy price if they want to get a first rounder ahead of the Jets, who are also looking at Lynch......this is really uncharacteristic of Elway's management skills....seemingly caught totally by surprise....
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Has Paxton Lynch ever taken a snap under center? I was hoping Denver would snag Connor Cook. Now he might go to Cleveland...where QBs go to die.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Felix wrote: they really want to get Paxton Lynch (from Memphis)
Congrats?
zactly....I don't know how Lynch is going to pan out.....the big questions on him are his footwork (which is poor) and his leverage (for intermediate and long passes)....he tends to throw flat footed which takes all the zip off the ball and given the tight windows NFL QB's throw into, he's definitely have to improve that....he's got the size coaches dream of and he's relatively mobile but his passing accuracy is questionable.....

but honestly, I think in a couple of years he will be better than Osweiler ever will be......Kubiak is a great teacher but it will definitely take some time before he's
ready to roll
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Has Paxton Lynch ever taken a snap under center? I was hoping Denver would snag Connor Cook. Now he might go to Cleveland...where QBs go to die.
I'm pretty sure anybody that's ever played quarterback has taken snaps from under center, but that wasn't Memphis offense....as far as Cook goes, the big question on him is leadership.....he laughs it off but coaches don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to a QB's ability to lead his team...I was really amazed that Cook fell as far as he did.....but he's going to Oakland (Las Vegas?) the other city where QB's go to die.....
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote: ...but he's going to Oakland (Las Vegas?) the other city where QB's go to die.....
I guess that's true since about 2002. Before that not so much.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote:
Felix wrote: ...but he's going to Oakland (Las Vegas?) the other city where QB's go to die.....
I guess that's true since about 2002. Before that not so much.
since Al Davis went batshit crazy and died then his son took over, the team is a fucking mess.....now this whole move to Las Vegas thing.....I think a franchise would die in Las Vegas, so maybe Mark (or whatever Davis kids name is) is simply trying to put the nail in the coffin of a once great franchise....

sure I despise the fukkers but I can't deny they were a great franchise.....

the Las Vegas Raiders just doesn't sound right.....
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Felix wrote:I'm pretty sure anybody that's ever played quarterback has taken snaps from under center
Unless it was 3rd and goal from the 1 inch line, I doubt he ever has in a Memphis uniform. Nor has he ever called audibles...or protections from the LOS...or taken a 5 step drop.
but that wasn't Memphis offense
Which is why a project pick was a head scratcher when Denver needs a QB to take over sooner than later.
....as far as Cook goes, the big question on him is leadership.....he laughs it off but coaches don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to a QB's ability to lead his team.
If he laughs it off it's because that whole thing was a joke. There was never a hint of any leadership or off field issues of any kind during his time at Michigan State, then suddenly a few weeks before the draft, some ESPN talking head like Todd McDouche starts bringing up these supposed "character issues" about Cook -- while never referencing anything specific -- and all the lemmings ran with it. Do you really think a guy can go 34-5 as a starter, win a Rose Bowl MVP, Cotton Bowl MVP, multiple Big Ten Championship game MVPs, without any leadership skills? At some point things would break down. He had a great defense to lean on his first year as a starter, but the last two seasons he had to put the offense on his back multiple times to win.

Hell, Christian Hackenberg spent four years chucking heaters into the turf and lying on his back at Penn State (<------ softball), then threw his coaching staff under the bus after he left...and he still went in the second round. Granted, all it takes is one dumb ass team to fall in love with you.

It's far more likely NFL scouts put on the film, studied his combine, and simply don't think he's that good and/or has much upside. His throwing shoulder was also banged up the last quarter of the season causing him to skip the Senior Bowl, and I'm not sure he ever fully recovered in time for the combine.

But hey, maybe he could've improved his draft stock by stealing crab legs or selling autographs :meds:.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
If he laughs it off it's because that whole thing was a joke. There was never a hint of any leadership or off field issues of any kind during his time at Michigan State, then suddenly a few weeks before the draft, some ESPN talking head like Todd McDouche starts bringing up these supposed "character issues" about Cook -- while never referencing anything specific -- and all the lemmings ran with it. Do you really think a guy can go 34-5 as a starter, win a Rose Bowl MVP, Cotton Bowl MVP, multiple Big Ten Championship game MVPs, without any leadership skills? At some point things would break down. He had a great defense to lean on his first year as a starter, but the last two seasons he had to put the offense on his back multiple times to win.
Look I think it's safe to say that NFL general managers don't put a lot of credence into anything that McShay says....they tend to check that shit out themselves....as for why Elway went with Lynch, you'd have to ask him that.....but given that Cook fell as far as he did, there has to be some issue that neither you or I are aware of......
It's far more likely NFL scouts put on the film, studied his combine, and simply don't think he's that good and/or has much upside. His throwing shoulder was also banged up the last quarter of the season causing him to skip the Senior Bowl, and I'm not sure he ever fully recovered in time for the combine.

But hey, maybe he could've improved his draft stock by stealing crab legs or selling autographs :meds:.

:grin:
Like I say who knows what goes through GM's minds....but needless to say that every pick they make risks their ridiculously high salaries so I don't think any GM is going to make a pick he hasn't researched thoroughly....but even then, there's no guarantee

/s/

0:40