The Can Opener

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: The Can Opener

Post by Wolfman »

There's one like that on Onondaga Parkway outside of Syracuse NY. In spite of all the signs and warning gimmicks trucks continue to hit it. Years ago a tour bus did and killed a few people. It's a railroad over the highway. Neither entity wants to spend the money to raise the bridge or lower the road. An all around tribute to human stupidity.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You would think it would be easy enough to dig the road a few feet down, unless there is ledge. Then it gets a little tricky and expensive.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

For the number of trains that actually use the bridge, it would be better to take it down and make a RR Xing on the road with all the appropriate warning signs/devices. I do not expect any change in the rest of my lifetime.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Wolfman wrote:I do not expect any change in the rest of my lifetime.
Things like this take longer than fourteen minutes.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

I dunno.... maybe a laser sensor that trips flashing lights to warn the drivers that they are about to give their rigs a haircut? Prob wouldn't work anyways.... driver from Sri Lanka or a Balkan state would see the flashing lights, think a train or some shit was coming, and downshift and punch it.
atmdad
Elwood

Post by atmdad »

Aging and out of date infrastructure but it looks like adequate signage. How about the drivers know exactly how much clearance their rigs need before they get behind the wheel.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I like how the motor homes just keep cruising along as if nothing happened.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I like how the motor homes just keep cruising along as if nothing happened.
Old Curtis and June are so hard of hearing that they have no clue. Prolly filed police reports about their a/c units being stolen.

On a similar note we had an assistant equipment manager rip the lid off of a box truck at the airport once. He managed to wedge it in tight under a metal parking structure overhang. He called the head guy and said exactly "Hey I got the truck stuck." The head guy thinking he got it stuck in the mud or grass taking a turn too wide replied " Well get it the fuck unstuck in 5 mins if you want to keep your job." He got it unstuck and brought down part of the shade structure while peeling the lid off the truck.

Not sure I ever posted those photos, but I will search for them.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.