All restrictions off female service. Good or bad?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

All restrictions off female service. Good or bad?

Post by smackaholic »

That fukking moron, Ash Carter just ruled that all combat roles will be open to women. I guess he used his considerable military experience to come to this decision. Oh, wait, that's right. He has zero experience.

Women have been serving throughout the Navy for years now, pretty much without restriction and it has caused plenty of problems. COs get fired every other day, it seems, over issues that are often based in interactions with female crew.

The problems that will result in infantry units will be 1000X worse simply due to the differences between shipboard life and being forward deployed on the ground. I lived on board a ship four and a half years back in the good ole days of all male crews. Had a great time. Served with a few guys who had been on tenders, which at the time had females and was told it was a really, really bad idea. I am now in a reserve unit that has females. I have had a small (thankfully) taste of the problems that come with co-ed units. We are repeated bombarded with mind numbing sexual harassment training.

The official line of the military is that sexual harassment is a huge problem, but we will eventually stomp it out via powerpoint.

What fukking maroooons.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: All restrictions off female service. Good or bad?

Post by Wolfman »

Bad idea. One of the first things the next and REAL POTUS should do is rescind any previous pronouncements. I saw the current "Secretary of the Air force" the other day. I'm sure she has lots of experience. Looked and sounded like someone who in a sane world be a store clerk in Macy's.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:That fukking moron, Ash Carter
Completely agree. Ash Carter is a fucking tool and so are his handlers. Dude is so arrogant, believes he's above reproach. Listening to him talk feels like being lectured, and not in a good way.
I saw the current "Secretary of the Air force" the other day. I'm sure she has lots of experience. Looked and sounded like someone who in a sane world be a store clerk in Macy's.
I'm no fan of "Deborah Lee James" but I don't think she's any less qualified than any other service secretary. They pick people with Hill experience so they know how to work the backroom deals and influence the lawmakers who actually call the shots.

But obviously Wolftard feels so strongly about James, what exactly is her problem?

You know the incoming Army secretary is gay, right?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

IMO, Sec Def resume should require, at an absolute minimum, active duty experience. There is a pool of thousands of retired military officers who have been there, done that. Any retired flag rank officers have had sufficient experience dealing with how things get done in DC, although, to tell you the truth, experience in "how things get done" is looking more an more to me as a negative, because "how things get done" in DC is completely fukking broke.

Cabinet positions should be filled by SMEs.

Sec. State should be filled by career State Department people. Not some fukking lawyer with a thin resume that married well.

Secdef should be retired military

The only politician out there that seems to talk much about putting qualified people in positions is Trump. I don't get this. If I were a candidate, I would put out a policy of no more political pal appointments. Start filling cabinet positions with people that actually have a fukking clue.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

One of the primary things for me is that job standards should be the same for all personnel. Having seen what has happened in law enforcement, I have 0% confidence that standards won't be lowered for women in the military.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

They already have, idiot. Women don't have to meet the same physical fitness standards that men do and haven't for decades.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

mvscal wrote:They already have, idiot. Women don't have to meet the same physical fitness standards that men do and haven't for decades.
I'm not referring to boot camp. I'm talking about specialty mos's like SF or recon.
9/27/22
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:I lived on board a ship four and a half years back in the good ole days of all male crews. Had a great time.
Life on 'holic's "all male" ship.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The thing that everyone wants to ignore here is not whether or not women are physically capable of doing the job. Some may be. The other problem, the biggest one, IMO, is what it does to a unit's cohesion. A military unit that is all male will work better inherently for a few reasons. First off, there is the whole boy/girl drama bullshit that will occur. You can SAPR powerpoint troops until the cows come home and this will still be a problem. Second is the added logistical burden. The last thing a forward deployed infantry unit needs is added logistical burdens. Logistics win/lose wars. Why handicap yourself?

During WWII we used women, in places where we needed them, not because they were so fukking awesome at it, but because it freed men to be used in combat roles.

If we had this sort of PC insanity in place during WWII, we'd be speaking Austrian today.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

smackaholic wrote:IMO, Sec Def resume should require, at an absolute minimum, active duty experience. There is a pool of thousands of retired military officers who have been there, done that. Any retired flag rank officers have had sufficient experience dealing with how things get done in DC, although, to tell you the truth, experience in "how things get done" is looking more an more to me as a negative, because "how things get done" in DC is completely fukking broke.

Sec. State should be filled by career State Department people. Not some fukking lawyer with a thin resume that married well.

I certainly don't disagree with any of the above. What I don't understand is these flag rank officers that people somehow think are qualified for leadership positions in Fortune 500 companies. I have seen a ton of fails in recent years where Generals and the like have completely flamed out in a corporate setting. Military experience doesn't seem to lend itself to much board room expertise.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

smackaholic wrote:IMO, Sec Def resume should require, at an absolute minimum, active duty experience. There is a pool of thousands of retired military officers who have been there, done that. Any retired flag rank officers have had sufficient experience dealing with how things get done in DC, although, to tell you the truth, experience in "how things get done" is looking more an more to me as a negative, because "how things get done" in DC is completely fukking broke.

The only politician out there that seems to talk much about putting qualified people in positions is Trump. I don't get this. If I were a candidate, I would put out a policy of no more political pal appointments. Start filling cabinet positions with people that actually have a fukking clue.
So, you don't like the idea of civilians running the military?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

A retired military officer is a civilian, you brainless cum target.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Incredibly bad idea. No need to rehash all the reasons why, suffice it to say that this is just another example of the coring out of America's institutions for the purpose of social experimentation and fundamental transformation. Thanks Obama.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Military officers simply don't make good corporate leaders. Corporate leaders must have no qualms about fragging their troops.

Sin,
Jack Welch
9/27/22
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:A retired military officer is a civilian, you brainless cum target.
I get that. Who is the last SECDEF to have military experience?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Chuck Hagel, you sperm-addled nimrod. It's been all of ten months or so.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

mvscal wrote:Chuck Hagel, you sperm-addled nimrod. It's been all of ten months or so.
Good point. Would Carter be the first with no military experience?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

No, though most have had a least some military experience.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I nominate Toolio. He's had lot's of military experience.

Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

......also. Their periods attract bears.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:......also. Their periods attract bears.
Funny you mention that. I have a buddy who bow hunts whitetail. During the rut he borrows his old lady's used tampons and drags them on his walk into the woods to his stand.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

smackaholic wrote:
If we had this sort of PC insanity in place during WWII, we'd be speaking Austrian today.

You barely speak English. I don't see how you'd be able to tell the difference.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

If women had served in aboard ships during WWII who knows how many sunk ships would have turned into the USS Indianapolis...
9/27/22
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

poptart...your thoughts?
Why don’t you just STFU.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

he borrows his old lady's used tampons and drags them on his walk
You need some new friends.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

R-Jack wrote:
he borrows his old lady's used tampons and drags them on his walk
You need some new friends.
That's why I'm here.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

"Borrows" used tampons?

He brings them back home???
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Ash Carter resembles what Buddy Hackett would've looked like had he lost about 50 lbs....but Hackett's humor didn't get people killed.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Chip, why do you want to discriminate by gender, you fuking Neanderthal?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Jsc810 wrote:As the father of two daughters aged 18 and almost 16,
Your own kids don't even like you and would rather call your ex's new boyfriend "dad", you fucking loser.

Do you also send them pics of you dragging an IV around in a hospital gown? I'm completely at a loss as to why you haven't blown your own brains out.
Why don’t you just STFU.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

KC Scott wrote:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Image

poptart...your thoughts?

Flat
Is that referring to something besides her chest?
9/27/22
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

KC Scott wrote:
Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Image

poptart...your thoughts?

Flat
All you really care about is her purse.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

smackaholic wrote:
The official line of the military is that sexual harassment is a huge problem, but we will eventually stomp it out via powerpoint.

What fukking maroooons.
Or they could stop hiring rapists.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:As the father of two daughters aged 18 and almost 16, I don't like that women may have to register for the Selective Service soon.
You're a very fucked up individual, and the quintessential example of someone who votes D without any thought.

You're all about "equality" -- unless it might effect you personally.

Should the office of President only be open to men? Because we all know you'll vote for a woman, so long as they put a D next to her name.

Good enough to be president, but not good enough to be drafted into the military?

People like YOU are very good at coming up with ideas that are good for everyone else... as long as it doesn't hit too close to home.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

You really are a weapons grade stupid POS. I guess it is partly just ignorance as you have never served in a military unit but, even a normal heterosexual would understand how putting young men and women together in a group 24-7 for extended periods would cause potential issues. Seeing as you belong to neither group, your ignorance is understandable.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Jsc810 wrote:As the father of two daughters aged 18 and almost 16, I don't like that women may have to register for the Selective Service soon.
Tough shit, faggot. I hope she gets sent to Syria and gang banged by knuckle-dragging korananimals until one of them pulls out with her uterus stuck to his bell end like Little Jack Horner's plum.

Fuck you.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Tough shit. You reap what you sow.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:
Tough shit, faggot. I hope she gets sent to Syria and gang banged by knuckle-dragging korananimals until one of them pulls out with her uterus stuck to his bell end like Little Jack Horner's plum.

Fuck you.
:shock:

ouch.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

smackaholic wrote:
mvscal wrote:

Fuck you.
:shock:

ouch.

I know! Wow. Things sure got heated in here all of a sudden... :o
Why don’t you just STFU.