The Cowboys are 2-6

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

The Cowboys are 2-6

Post by BSmack »

Just let that sink in. Enjoy it for a moment. Revel in it.

If you're a Cowboy fan, realize that the Jones family is going to be screwing up your team for a long, long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Re: The Cowboys are 2-6

Post by Moby Dick »

BSmack wrote:Just let that sink in. Enjoy it for a moment. Revel in it.

If you're a Cowboy fan, realize that the Jones family is going to be screwing up your team for a long, long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

living in Oklahoma that's all you hear "WE DEM BOYZ"

the first 2 weeks they talked ALOT of shit.

Now? it's a ghost town. It's nice.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Somewhere, YAFJ can be heard quietly weeping.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I'm no Cowboys fan, but when you lose your All-Pro receiver and All-Pro QB in consecutive weeks, you're going to lose games. The Cowboys are actually a legit contender in the NFC with those two healthy, but that is the nature of the NFL.

Laughing at them and saying, "In your face, Cowboy FAN!" is the equivalent to doing the same to the Colts when they lost Manning for the season and turned in a 1-15 season. Pretty fucking stupid.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

All Pro QB? When?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Last year.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Nope. He was second team. For the only time in his career. Not exactly Joe Montana.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

BSmack wrote:Nope. He was second team. For the only time in his career. Not exactly Joe Montana.
So, he made the All-Pro team is what you're saying.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

This is why I love arguing with Cowboy hater because they seem to think Romo is nothing special. He's a top ten, arguably top five QB in the league currently.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yeah, no matter what you think of Romo, there is still a monumental drop off from him to Matt Cassell/Brandon Weeden. But let's not act like the Cowsluts don't have a bunch of other issues as well.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

They do, but a very good QB in this league probably turns that 2-6 into 4-4 at least. They still have a shot if they win today if he returns Thanksgiving day. Romo and Dez are a lethal combo. I'd certainly take him over Brian Hoyer.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Go Coogs' wrote:I'd certainly take him over Brian Hoyer.
Everyone on the planet would take Romo over Hoyer, probably even Brian Hoyer.

Thing is, Romo getting hurt has just become part of the process for this team. They might want to consider investing in a halfway decent backup.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Thing is, Romo getting hurt has just become part of the process for this team. They might want to consider investing in a halfway decent backup.
I didn't know that was possible. There aren't enough decent QBs around to even fill 32 starting positions much less a backup.

Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Kirk Cousins, Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Colin Crapperneck say "Hi".
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Decent is a relative term. And by decent I mean someone not named Matt Cassell or Brandon Weeden.

I always thought Shaun Hill was pretty good. I'd take him back on the Lions roster and start him over Stafford.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Well, you have to pay for that and that means Dez probably is a free agent if Dallas spends money on a backup QB. Shaun Hill is one example of a very few "decent" backups. Kitna was alright when Romo got hurt a few seasons ago, but they are so few and far between.

I'm sure Garrett, being a former quarterbacks coach, thinks he can fix and develop relatively young, former high pick busts like Weeden. It's a serious problem with former QB coaches who are now head coaches. They truly believe they have this magic touch of turning crap into solid gold. Kubiak thought he could do it, O'Brien thought he could do it, and Garrett now thinks he can do it.

They can't.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Well, make that 2-7, with a sad loss to TB.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Romo is a joke and the only reason the female fans of the Cowpies wear those pink "Mrs Romo" jerseys is because of his position as QB and his $$$. He is an average QB led by a dude that had one good year with the 'pies under Jerry Jones' young look-alike, Jason Garrett.

Jerry's pride let the legend of Tom Landry go under not so cool circumstances. He did bring in his boy Jimmy Johnson and Jimmy understood talent and had a good run. The ego of Jones let a successful talent evaluator in Jimmy Johnson go. After that, Jone's wanted to be the "face" of the franchise and it doesn't do him well.

Speaking of ugly QB's like Romo, Big Ben in Pittsburgh makes the QB position look easy. Watch out for Pittsburgh to do serious damage even with their injuries. Romo? He'll toss a game away when it matters. Fuck the Cowpies, Romo, puppett Garrett, and plastic surgery having Jerry Jones. :hfal:
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

This is funny stuff right here, AP. You sound like a typical Texans fan just hating on Romo because he dons that blue star on his helmet. Face it, Romo is a near elite QB in this league. He has a top 10 QBR rating since ESPN introduced the formula in 2006.

Hate him or not, Romo is very good.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

You sound like YAFJ quoting stats instead of playoff wins. Romo will be 36 years old the next time he plays a meaningful game and his cap number is going to be a bigger liability. But hey, I'm sure he'll just get better. :meds:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Now you're changing the dynamic of the topic. You posted this thread saying the Cowboys were 2-6 and they were getting Jerry Jonesed. I simply stated it's stupid dissing on the Cowboys struggles this season because they're missing their All-Pro QB and WR.

After I thoroughly kicked your ass in this thread, you go to the Romo playoff failure card. Kudos, bri. You've successfully pulled the curtain back on the obvious. Congratulations, friend.

What else you got, jackass? Are you going to tell me Peyton Manning his past his prime?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Go Coogs' wrote:Now you're changing the dynamic of the topic. You posted this thread saying the Cowboys were 2-6 and they were getting Jerry Jonesed. I simply stated it's stupid dissing on the Cowboys struggles this season because they're missing their All-Pro QB and WR.

After I thoroughly kicked your ass in this thread, you go to the Romo playoff failure card. Kudos, bri. You've successfully pulled the curtain back on the obvious. Congratulations, friend.

What else you got, jackass? Are you going to tell me Peyton Manning his past his prime?
First of all, they have their receiver back. While Romo is the starter and his presence is missed, it is incumbent upon the Cowboys and Jones to have a decent backup. They don't. Which is obvious.

They are struggling for a multitude of reasons and sticking to the "we don't have our QB excuse" is whining. Teams suck it up and dig deep or they fold.

The 'boys are folding.

As to Manning, yeah, he is past his prime.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:I simply stated it's stupid dissing on the Cowboys struggles this season because they're missing their All-Pro QB and WR.
And I pointed out that calling Romo and All-Pro QB is laughable. He was a second teamer ONCE in a 10 year career. At least Dez did make first team. That's why you'll notice I never quarreled with you about his inclusion. What you have is one elite WR and a sub elite QB with a bad back who will be on the wrong side of 35. You've seen the best of Romo, but Jerrah will be paying him top QB dollar for at least 2 more years thanks to the huge guarantees that Romo has in his deal.
Pointing our Romo's consistent record of choking in the playoffs is fun. Well, it is fun for most of us. :hfal:
Yep

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Jones is the Al Davis of the NFC...give me your dregs of society and I'll find a spot for them. If they run a 4.3 or can abuse quarterbacks and girlfriends equally I want em.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:First of all, they have their receiver back. While Romo is the starter and his presence is missed, it is incumbent upon the Cowboys and Jones to have a decent backup. They don't. Which is obvious.

They are struggling for a multitude of reasons and sticking to the "we don't have our QB excuse" is whining. Teams suck it up and dig deep or they fold.

The 'boys are folding.

As to Manning, yeah, he is past his prime.
How many teams have a decent backup? Here's the better question. How do we know if they are decent or not? See, a lot of people assume Jimmy Garoppolo is a decent back up because he played well in preseason. Honestly, there are about 10 teams in the league right now who have no idea how good their backup QB is because they don't have enough playing time in the regular season.

From this list, can you tell me how good or bad these guys are?

Sean Renfree
AJ McCarron
Brock Osweiler
Scott Tolzien
Chase Daniel
Jimmy Garoppolo
Garrett Grayson
Ryan Nassib
Landry Jones

Then you have the list of backups and know exactly how shitty they are...

Geno Smith
Matt Schaub
TJ Yates
Chad Henne
Matt Moore
Blaine Gabbert
Zach Mettenberger
Drew Stanton
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Dan Orlovsky
Matt McGloin
Kellen Clemens
Case Keenum
EJ Manuel

Here is your list of decent backups...

Shaun Hill
Mark Sanchez
Mike Glennon
Colt McCoy
Matt Hasselback
Josh McCown

If you want to make a case for a couple of those shitty guys on the list as serviceable backup, so be it. But the bottom line is you guys talk like going and getting a decent backup QB is the equivalent of me going in my backyard and picking a lemon off my lemon tree.

Well, that's kinda funny in itself because that is exactly what you're getting when signing a backup QB...cuz it's a lemon....ha ha...lol...ROFL. I'll show myself out.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Go Coogs' wrote:How many teams have a decent backup? Here's the better question. How do we know if they are decent or not? See, a lot of people assume Jimmy Garoppolo is a decent back up because he played well in preseason. Honestly, there are about 10 teams in the league right now who have no idea how good their backup QB is because they don't have enough playing time in the regular season.
That's a fair question, one that isn't so easily answered. A good example is Tom Brady backing up Drew Bledsoe as nobody knew how Brady would pan out until he played. Most backups tend to be later round draft picks or vets. The thing is, every team has scouts, personnel and multiple resources at their disposal to have an idea how the potential draft picks might pan out. But clearly it isn't an exact science. Yet, at the same time, there are teams that seem to consistently have success via the draft, so it will vary team to team.
From this list, can you tell me how good or bad these guys are?

Sean Renfree
AJ McCarron
Brock Osweiler
Scott Tolzien
Chase Daniel
Jimmy Garoppolo
Garrett Grayson
Ryan Nassib
Landry Jones
Nope, don't know enough about any of them.
If you want to make a case for a couple of those shitty guys on the list as serviceable backup, so be it. But the bottom line is you guys talk like going and getting a decent backup QB is the equivalent of me going in my backyard and picking a lemon off my lemon tree.

Well, that's kinda funny in itself because that is exactly what you're getting when signing a backup QB...cuz it's a lemon....ha ha...lol...ROFL. I'll show myself out.
I don't disagree. Then, you and I aren't pro scouts and NFL executives, and that's a different discussion.

Sorry Rumps, but the bottom line is you have an aging, injured QB who historically chokes in the playoffs.

What'cha gonna do.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'm biased cuz he's a Spartan, but I'd say Drew Stanton belongs on the "decent" backup list. He's played fairly well when Carson Palmer has gotten hurt and is 8-3 as a starter. Also, random bit of trivia: Stanton is the only QB from the 2007 draft class still in the NFL. Yeah, it was a horrific class for quarterbacks, but that's still... something.

Coogs' isn't wrong about the points he's making, but the fact is, it's not like the Cowboys have been elite all these years with Romo at the helm. He's a terrific fantasy quarterback but he isn't going to win you many big games. His track record proves that. Last season for Dallas was more the exception not the rule. Are they better off with him than without him? Of course, but he's put up big numbers before and the team didn't do anything. In the end, they're still the Cowboys and they're still run by Jerrah Jones.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Brilliant Cowboy fan melt.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Rumps and B are both right in their little debate here.

Technically yes, Rumps was right in saying that Dallas lost their all-pro QB -- because Romo was 2nd team all-pro last year.
The comment can not be said to have been wrong.

But when you say "all-pro QB," it conjures up images of Montana, Favre, Brady, Elway, etc.
Guys who were/are perennial and are household names.

Romo is not that.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Sean Renfree
AJ McCarron
Brock Osweiler
Scott Tolzien
Chase Daniel
Jimmy Garoppolo
Garrett Grayson
Ryan Nassib
Landry Jones

Then you have the list of backups and know exactly how shitty they are...

Geno Smith
Matt Schaub
TJ Yates
Chad Henne
Matt Moore
Blaine Gabbert
Zach Mettenberger
Drew Stanton
Tarvaris Jackson
Jimmy Clausen
Derek Anderson
Matt Cassell
Dan Orlovsky
Matt McGloin
Kellen Clemens
Case Keenum
EJ Manuel

Here is your list of decent backups...

Shaun Hill
Mark Sanchez
Mike Glennon
Colt McCoy
Matt Hasselback
Josh McCown
You forget Luke mcCown.

And the Cowboys will win this week and then beat Carolina on Thanksgiving, making th em 4-7. After that they will be right there. WIth Romo back, the offense will be moving the ball up and down the field more. They can still win the East.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:And the Cowboys will win this week and then beat Carolina on Thanksgiving, making th em 4-7. After that they will be right there. WIth Romo back, the offense will be moving the ball up and down the field more. They can still win the East.
Panthers 33 - Dallass 14

You were saying what again Jerkoff?

How does 3 - 8 taste?

Like ass?

Bwah! :lol:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Jay in Phoenix wrote:

How does 3 - 8 taste?

Like ass?

One game out of first in the division. With the pussy Packers up next week .
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cowboys should send a gift basket to Desean Jackson for that win. Dumbest motherfucker in the NFL and it ain't close.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Cowboys would've had this division wrapped up had Romo suited up for every game. A good QB is a direct correlation to success in this league with the occasional outlier.

If any of you watched Hoyer against the Pats the other night you noticed missed scoring opportunities on underthrown deep balls to wide open receivers. Granted, playmakers make big plays for their QBs, but Hoyer could have notched 3 TDs with better passes to his open receivers. You put Derek Carr in that situation and I believe Nate Washington has two TDs to his credit that game.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
Jay in Phoenix wrote:

How does 3 - 8 taste?

Like ass?

One game out of first in the division. With the pussy Packers up next week .
Say what?!?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim