why are the 49ers starting Gabbert?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

why are the 49ers starting Gabbert?

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

this is a stupid move. They should activate Dylan Thompson from the practice squad and let him start. He's an unknown rookie and you may as well just throw him out there and give him a shot to spark the team. Gabbert is worse than Kaepernick. In fact, Kaepernick gives them a better chance to win than Gabbert. Why not go with an untested guy who may be able to make plays, instead of with a guy who has already had a chance to succeed in the NFL and failed miserably. Mark my words, the Falcons will kill the 49ers Sunday and Gabbert will suck. They should be going with Thompson.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: why are the 49ers starting Gabbert?

Post by Felix »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Gabbert is worse than Kaepernick
I watched Kaepernick play for three years against Boise State when he was at Nevada Reno and never once did it ever cross my mind that "hey, there's an NFL quarterback".....the reason he had success at first is because the NFL hadn't played against the many run option quarterbacks and they didn't know quite how to handle it.....since that time, NFL teams have figured out how do defense it and Kapernick was reduced to throwing it.....he's not an NFL quarterback, he's big and can throw bullets, but he doesn't have the head for it....that's why the niners kicked him to the curb.....he'll be cut at the end of the year, and if he gets picked up by anybody, he'll spend the rest of his short lived NFL career carrying a clipboard and being designated as the "in case of emergency break glass" quarterback......
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

They are starting Gabbert because they suck out loud in every phase of the game. They can't run, they can't past, their defense blows and their special team belong in the Special Olympics. Why not start the mongoloid from Mizzou who can't throw straight?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

The Santa Clara 49ers are an abject train wreck top to bottom inside and out. We haven't seen m2 in so long because he has been drowning his sorrows in gallons of baby batter since the offseason.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

KC Scott wrote:
That Browns game last night was painful to watch
That statement rings true regardless of Johnny 8ball.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:
he's not an NFL quarterback
I'm pretty sure we can safely lump RG3 and Johnny Fuckball into that same category

That Browns game last night was painful to watch
yes, all three of those cats are simply dumpster fires.....take a guy like Kellen Moore, the winning-est quarterback in the history of the NCAA.....he's a clipboard carrier for the Dallas Cowboys right now, not even in the quarterback grid.....his game just did not translate in the NFL.....same with Johnny and Griffin and Timmy.....great college players who's game just doesn't work in the NFL.....

what's more sad is that neither tebow nor manzeil are willing to admit there games are not suited to the NFL game.....I think RGIII realizes his game doesn't translate so he's just hanging around for the paycheck.....Moore has no illusions about ever playing (other than in preseason games).....he'll be cut pretty soon, then will go into coaching, following in his fathers footsteps....he's such a bright guy he should be an outstanding coach at the collegiate level.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Starting Gabbert isn't any worse of an idea than starting Matt Cassel.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

To put Blaine Gabbert into perspective.........Jamarcus has a better record as a starter.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Mark my words, the Falcons will kill the 49ers Sunday
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I would have agreed with this prediction at the time. But it's uncanny how everything this guy touches just turns to shit.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Because you play to win the game.

sin

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Mark my words, the Falcons will kill the 49ers Sunday
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I would have agreed with this prediction at the time. But it's uncanny how everything this guy touches just turns to shit.
That got lost in the paint huffing nonsense of promoting a practice squad QB to starter.