Why all cops should have dash and body cams

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Why all cops should have dash and body cams

Post by Left Seater »

So a College Journalism Dean is walking in the street in her neighborhood and is stopped by police.

She then authors an op ed piece and claims racial profiling and harassment by the cops. She compares this to Trayvon Martin. She also posts photos of the cops car and the officers on Facebook and claims she was stopped for "walking while black."

A few days later the cops post the dash cam video and it is nothing like she claimed. Turns out the cops stopped her because she was impeding traffic and they didn't want her to get hurt either.

Here is the video:

No wonder people don't trust much of the media. This lady is teaching new journalists and facts mean nothing to her.

Her fabricated story only hurts those who really have had issues with Police.

But bottom line all Police should have dash cams and body cams with mics.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Why all cops should have dash and body cams

Post by Screw_Michigan »

She was impeding traffic? Did you even watch the video?

Though you are correct with your last sentence.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:She was impeding traffic? Did you even watch the video?

Though you are correct with your last sentence.
I did but clearly you didn't, or couldn't understand plain English. The officers clearly referenced that she was impeding traffic earlier when they saw a truck trying to go around her. They also stated that they followed her and she had no clue they were behind her. She admits she had ear buds in and was listening to music.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

#BlackLiesMatter
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Left Seater wrote: I did but clearly you didn't, or couldn't understand plain English. The officers clearly referenced that she was impeding traffic earlier when they saw a truck trying to go around her. They also stated that they followed her and she had no clue they were behind her. She admits she had ear buds in and was listening to music.
There's almost no traffic on that road for her to impede. Sorry I don't trust the po-po's word more than her.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Left Seater wrote:So a College Journalism Dean is walking in the street in her neighborhood and is stopped by police.

She then authors an op ed piece and claims racial profiling and harassment by the cops. She compares this to Trayvon Martin. She also posts photos of the cops car and the officers on Facebook and claims she was stopped for "walking while black."

A few days later the cops post the dash cam video and it is nothing like she claimed. Turns out the cops stopped her because she was impeding traffic and they didn't want her to get hurt either.

Here is the video:

No wonder people don't trust much of the media. This lady is teaching new journalists and facts mean nothing to her.

Her fabricated story only hurts those who really have had issues with Police.

But bottom line all Police should have dash cams and body cams with mics.
Most cops do want to have dash & body cams. But the reason for it is to keep people (or their "loved" ones) from trying to win the ghetto lottery.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

mvscal wrote:#BlackLiesMatter

You mean like when one of those dirty apes promises to call back and swears this isn't a one night thing?

~Stanley Pikkkle~
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
There's almost no traffic on that road for her to impede.
This wasn't the only road she walked on. Further she acknowledges the officer's statement about the truck and thanks him for the safety warning.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

88 wrote:America would be safer if politicians had to wear body cams.
Are you sure about that?

9/27/22
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Sudden Sam wrote:A lot of neighborhoods could use a sidewalk on one side of the street. She has sidewalks on both sides...yet still walks in the street!
hell at the beginning of the video , had I been one of the cops I would have assumed she was tripping balls on some shit with what she was doing with her hands and shit...

When I lived in NE Dallas that was a normal thing seeing balcks walking down the road like that....
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

Papa Willie wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:A lot of neighborhoods could use a sidewalk on one side of the street. She has sidewalks on both sides...yet still walks in the street!
Exactly what I was going to bring up. Anybody that jogs on a STREET with sidewalks right there is a fucking stupid fuck. So fucking stupid - no wonder they checked her out.
Most people in an active state like the People's Democratic Republic of California actually jog/run stay off sidewalks and stay to the side of the road near the curb. Sidewalks are for people in electric wheel chairs, strollers, panhandlers, walking, etc. Now if someone is stupid enough to run in the lanes where vehicles go... then yes, it's stupid.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

If you mainland Amerikans were smart, you'd be trying to find ways to have fewer cameras watching everyone, not begging for more.

Wow.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

There were puddles on the sidewalk, so I understand her walking on the street, especially in a low traffic one, but the cops were right in pointing out to her that walking with traffic, with a hoodie on and headphones (I think) is not a wise idea. Where I do have a bit of an issue is when the cops go to the "may I see your papers, please" card. She would have been perfectly within her rights to tell them to fukk the fukk off. And when they call in her alleged name to verify it, I could see her getting a bit more annoyed. I have not yet read what she wrote, but if she did embelish the fukk out of what actually happened, I could see the dean of her school having a little sit down with her to let her know what a fukking moron she is. Shitcannnig her would be appropriate, but, we all know that canning a tenured prof for anything short of murder one is impossible.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote:In spite of the officers' polite demeanor, I agree that them asking for her name and DOB was unnecessary.

Tell her to either walk facing traffic or to move onto the sidewalk, get back in your car and back on patrol.
She's in a fucking subdivision where you'll notice, if you watch the video, that only one (or maybe two) vehicles go by in the entire time the video was filming. I think these pigs could have used police resources better and saved her the lecture on which side of the road she should be walking.

Now if she's walking in the middle of a six lane artery, then maybe a visit for concerns about her safety or "impeding traffic" are appropriate, but in this situation, absolutely not.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: She's in a fucking subdivision where you'll notice, if you watch the video, that..THEY HAVE MOTHERFUCKING SIDEWALKS
Use them, you stupid fucking niqqers.

Jesus fucking Christ...
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Says the guy who carries a purse in public.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Guys...what's going on here?
:?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I had the same thing happen to me when I was 19. Me and some friends were drinking rather heavily and decided to walk to an all night diner. We were weaving our drunk asses all over the road. Cop comes up, suggests we take our stupidity to the sidewalk. We comply, he tells us to have a nice day. Simple shit.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown