UCLA deserves this ass kicking

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

The Seer
Just the Facts

UCLA deserves this ass kicking

Post by The Seer »

but the Pac 12 officiating on display tonight is overdue for the nation to witness.

:shock:
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: UCLA deserves this ass kicking

Post by Mikey »

The Seer wrote:but the Pac 12 officiating on display tonight is overdue for the nation to witness.

:shock:
True about the officiating. Several mistakes that were blatantly obvious. The targeting might be arguable but the backward pass, and missing McCaffrey's TD were ridiculous.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nice drive at the end of the half though.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:blatantly obvious
**Sob**

Sin,
Your English Teachers

Stanford needs to get the second-string in STAT, lest they be hauled off to jail for sexual assault.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Targeting? Does Martinez have a soccer background? Legal block. Apparently too physical for the Pac 12 faggotfeeley refs. Hope they're on commission.

Ejected for a clean block?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:blatantly obvious
**Sob**

Sin,
Your English Teachers
OK how about obviously blatant?
:?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Fuck the Dodgers BTW.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Wow. just wow.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Catch of the year.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

That will make the highlights.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:That will make the highlights.
You mean of the decade, right?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:That will make the highlights.
You mean of the decade, right?
Blatantly obvious understatement.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:I seriously thought I was seeing things as it happened.

I'm serious, Mikey - that may well be the best catch I've ever seen in my life. Owusu couldn't even see the fucker!
When I saw it in real time I had no idea he had actually caught it.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I thought they played tomorrow night. I just saw the highlight. Good to see UCLAme losing.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

McCaffrey is a tough motherfucker BTW.
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote:McCaffrey is a tough motherfucker BTW.
And when ucla tried to play tough but fair they were thrown out of the game. fuck the pacfags.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

I guess Bradley can go back to looking the other way to kids getting fucked.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Hey Mikey - that #5 hasn't had a bad night. Did somebody forget to tell him that he's white?
Another blatantly obvious understatement.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

A nice win for Stanford. The offense is now firing on all cylinders - two straight games with 55+ points, over 40 in all four conference games, three straight with 300+ yards rushing. Plenty of offensive highlights in this game - Owusu's incredible catch, McCaffery's all-purpose running. The O-line was more than just dominating. But...this was against a severely depleted defense that was known to be vulnerable to the running game. Stanford might still have won against the team that UCLA was putting on the field in mid-September, but probably wouldn't have had 56 at the end of the third quarter (blatantly obvious understatement?).

The thing that worries me is the defense. As depleted as UCLA's is right now, Stanford's has been very thin all year. Kevin Anderson, arguably their best LB, hasn't played a down this season. They only have five defensive linemen on the depth chart, and they're not all healthy. Keep grinding it out on the ground. Keep the TOP advantage a big as possible, and score on every drive. If the D can make a few stops they'll keep winning.

UCLA has a great passer in Rosen. He has a bright future but needs to overcome a few limitations. A great arm and great accuracy but he's not mobile and is prone to mistakes. Doesn't seem to know what to do if all his receivers are covered. As a freshman he still has time to work on this, though, and if UCLA can shore up their defense they'll be OK.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Owusu / Prothro

Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Papa Willie wrote:Hey Mikey - that #5 hasn't had a bad night. Did somebody forget to tell him that he's white?
Can we just say he's the best white running back in BTPCF, at least until somebody hits him in the knees and ends his season?

BTW...I made this call last year. I guess I just jumped the gun by about 13 months.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44690&p=871619&hili ... ey#p871619
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Mikey wrote: UCLA has a great passer in Rosen. He has a bright future but needs to overcome a few limitations. A great arm and great accuracy but he's not mobile and is prone to mistakes. Doesn't seem to know what to do if all his receivers are covered. As a freshman he still has time to work on this, though, and if UCLA can shore up their defense they'll be OK.
Easy to be charitable when on the winning side. This loss pretty much packs Mora's ass with all the wordage he's been spoon feeding Bruin faithful. Yes, losing 3 probable NFL players to injury on defense didn't help. But all the "next man up" splooge they were serving kind of points the finger back at coaching. Nobody in Bruinland has liked Mazzone, and at this point I'd rather have MILTON Bradley as DC. The O-line in two weeks has gone from a team strength to an embarrassment. Hell even our punter should be hanging out in the Castro District! WTF at least UCLA could produce fucking kickers!

If Mora can't shore up HIS weaknesses with better assts, ship them all out. I guess all the Mora to SC blather is about over.

Oh well, it's not like Bruinfan is new at dealing with shattered expectations. Fuck it.

And yes, Stanford is impressive. Lots of whispers regarding their state of the art Virtual reality:

Ever wonder how last year's floundering Stanford team suddenly transformed like Popeye with a can of spinach mid-season and closed shredding UCLA into the Rose Bowl turf, the favored Bruins looking more like overrated Blutos, if not Beyotches?

It seems the Furd's have selfishly availed themselves of a new STVR virtual practice technology that makes the traditional viewing film, scout cards or even sparring with the scout team seem like using a quill pen by comparison.

They don the goggles and voila, they run vs the real time reconstituted plays of the correctly uniformed opposition in 360 immersion...unlike the sluggish human bodies of the real scout team, you can rewind and reset these digitized scout guys instantaneously..until, like a video game maven, your moves become reflexive with less brainfart delays.

"The story has been out now on Fox, ESPN and Snowtime...(is Mora paying attention?) It was illuminated for me last summer when one of its principals, former Stanford kicker Derek Belch was a guest on one of the radio shows I produce while he was (ca-ching) jolly traveling the country sales pitching the blazing technology to any pro or college team that would listen ...(EXCEPT ...the Pac12. )
He claimed Kevin Hogan increased his pass completion rate from 64% to 76% using the headset, and Furd's points per game elevated from 24 to 38 in its last 3 games including the season ruiner for good old fashioned Vanilla Mora's UCLA...

The whole system is ridiculously incestuous with Stanford,
created by their resident professor Jeremy Bailenson of the virtual reality department with the assistance of Belcher and some their other ex-football jocks. Allegedly Furd & Roach Shaw have rigged the independent development of the technology so it can remain exclusive to their program and off limits to the remaining Pac lo-tech Conference ...Is that Fair, Larry?"
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Stop whining. You're starting to sound like Schmick.

"Selfishly availed themselves?" If they developed it, why shouldn't they own it?

Aren't there any smart people at UCLA who could put something similar together? Besides, I'm pretty doubtful that it's as transformative a technology as whoever you quoted is claiming. Everybody's always looking for some magic reason why one team or another is doing well, besides just better recruiting and/or coaching. But guess what? This isn't anything new. Stanford hasn't lost to UCLA since 2008. What was your excuse for the last seven games before this one.

BTW - 13-2 against LA in that stretch and 18-3 against USC, UCLA and your big brothers in Berkeley.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Seer wrote:It seems the Furd's have selfishly availed themselves of a new STVR virtual practice technology that makes the traditional viewing film, scout cards or even sparring with the scout team seem like using a quill pen by comparison.

They don the goggles and voila, they run vs the real time reconstituted plays of the correctly uniformed opposition in 360 immersion...unlike the sluggish human bodies of the real scout team, you can rewind and reset these digitized scout guys instantaneously..until, like a video game maven, your moves become reflexive with less brainfart delays.
I guess it pays to go to a smart school. At USC, it just pays.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Papa Willie wrote:Motherfuckers already took it down.

Here's another.

Sweet catch.. bias notwithstanding... I like this one better :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH59a2srnwk