Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extiction

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Organized religion is thankfully headed towards Extictio

Post by poptart »

Dins wrote:So, you've gone from "IT'S THE DEFINITIVE PROOF!!!!!", to "Ok, that's not really my proof," when presented with extremely strong evidence that belies your "proof" (and please don't embarrass yourself by claiming you haven't cited the easily refuted Gospels as "proof," since you couldn't delete all the instances on this board in a month of wasted Sundays).
I've never said the testimonies of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are definitive proof that Jesus is the Christ.

Go ahead and link to it, if you think it is there somewhere.

We have overwhelming evidence, imo, that Jesus is the Christ, yet we do not have tangible PROOF of it.

There is a difference between evidence and proof.

We are called, as the Bible says, to have faith.

John 20:29
Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

smackaholic wrote:Here is the most fukked up part of the whole thing.

Let's assume every last bit of the whole g0d/jeeebus deal is true.

This makes him the all time biggest POS, evah.

Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Ghengis Khan, Pol Pot?

Fukking pikers, every one.

His excuse?

Your great x infinity granddaddy listened to some broad's dietary advice.

This is sooooo fukking worse than "I was following orders".
You might have things backwards.

I think the problem is, men try to create a god in their image.

Genesis 1:27-28
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Genesis 8:21
the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth

Do you think you are the exception?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote: Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
We have pretty solid evidence that Jesus (who likely never existed) never said any such thing. We have pretty solid evidence that the writing of John was well after-the-fact, and written by several different authors.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:We have pretty solid evidence that the writing of John was well after-the-fact, and written by several different authors.
Who were they?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed, as thee shall need every blessing thee can get in life, being paste liking retards.
[/quote]

ftfy
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:We have pretty solid evidence that the writing of John was well after-the-fact, and written by several different authors.
Who were they?
Anne Rice, Steven King and Robert Crumb
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Crumb worked on some other parts as well, BTW.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:
War Wagon wrote: I've experienced it
So has many a Muslim, Buddhist, and **Insert Religion Here**

Could be a human psychology thing, rather than an "I'm right" thing, eh?
I have no idea what Muslims, Buddhists, or Mormons believe or have personally experienced regarding what Christians refer to as The Holy Spirit.

But I can honestly say that I, personally, have had that experience, almost 30 years ago... and I wasn't drinking Bud Light or on drugs.

What I was doing was fervently praying, day after day, basically asking to be shown the light. To understand what could not be understood, what no man could teach me. It wasn't like flipping a switch, but gradually, I began to understand. Understand what it means to have faith and just know, to the core of my soul, what amazing grace is.

It's not a song by Aerosmith.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:What I was doing was fervently praying, day after day, basically asking to be shown the light. To understand what could not be understood, what no man could teach me. It wasn't like flipping a switch, but gradually, I began to understand. Understand what it means to have faith and just know, to the core of my soul, what amazing grace is.

It's not a song by Aerosmith.
I seem to recall some old german dude calling it some sort of opiate or another. He may have been wrong about most of his theories, but, he called that one right.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:I seem to recall some old german dude calling it some sort of opiate or another. He may have been wrong about most of his theories, but, he called that one right.
Yes, it's a form of self-soothing like a cat purring.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I will admit, it is the best damn opiate ever invented. As I have said before, I don't buy it. Not for one fukking second, but I am somewhat envious of those that do. It is effective, is not fattening. Doesn't rot your liver or teef. And you aren't at the mercy of a pusher.

The worst side effect is that you have to put up with the ribbing of us non kool-aid drinkers.

A small price to pay.

g0d bless you brain-dead fukkers!!!! :grin:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Felix wrote:tart and I go back along time and we used to have some great discussions in the theology forum before some imbecile decided for some unknown reason to do away with that forum...never did understand why it was removed, it wasn't hurting anyone and these types of discussions were held in that forum....if people wanted to join in, the forum was open to anyone.....so, in an act of blind stupidity somebody with keys to the place decided to just burn it down.....
Uhh, since you seem pretty oblivious, I'll go ahead and explain it to you. We got rid of at least a dozen low-traffic forums including the Theology Forum. It was an effort to "de-clutter" the main page of the board and to steer more traffic into CdS. This thread would not have received nearly as much participation in the Theology Forum. Tart was cool with it.

Besides, none of the threads from that forum were nuked, simply moved into CdS. Feel free to bump any of the old threads or you can start new ones here pertaining to the Magical Bearded One.

Now, please return to your regularly scheduled melt.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So YOU'RE the one responsible for the traffic jams in cDs.

Asshole!!!!!!

Anybody else remember the good ol' days when you would have to scroll down a few pages to find where you had told someone to go fukk himself earlier that day?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

We were humming for a while there, but our activity has dipped 29% ever since Nick Frisco suddenly got really busy was run by the guitar-off challenge.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo wrote:Tart was cool with it
I'm okay with it either way.

I think there are people who have ZERO interest in this kind of a thread.
So I understand why there was previously a sub-forum for "theology" threads.

The admins are often in a no-win situation.
People will bitch no matter how you choose to operate the board.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

smackaholic wrote:And you aren't at the mercy of a pusher.

Oral Roberts' 900' Jesus
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Uhh, since you seem pretty oblivious
yes, I'm oblivious to the inner workings of the minds of you fucking geniuses......mix in a bunch of old theology threads with a bunch of old Cds threads, I'm almost positive they'd be really easy to find......
I'll go ahead and explain it to you. We got rid of at least a dozen low-traffic forums including the Theology Forum. It was an effort to "de-clutter" the main page of the board and to steer more traffic into CdS. This thread would not have received nearly as much participation in the Theology Forum. Tart was cool with it.

Besides, none of the threads from that forum were nuked, simply moved into CdS. Feel free to bump any of the old threads or you can start new ones here pertaining to the Magical Bearded One.

yeah, that fucking soccer forum is really kicking ass and taking names....186 threads in nine years....why that's an average of almost 1.8 threads per month.......good call
get out, get out while there's still time
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Look, you fat fucking retarded grandpa... if it wasn't for you and your fat fucking state (Idaho).

We wouldn't have had a single state out west that could have been lumped into the Midwestern or Southern fat pig category. Nice going, you fat fucking pig !

Leaving your house and herding to the local "golden corral" isn't considered "exercise"... because you left your house/couch for 3 hours and did the buffet shuffle around the stainless steel counter top that contains all your fat soluble vitamins that always seem to be wrapped up in a 64 ounce piece of leather that gives you a free meal if you grind it down your gullet in less than an hour.

I'm pretty sure it's not against the law (even in Boise, Idaho) for you to leave the house on hoof and walk around the block without the assistance of some sort of metal object that keeps you upright... and not getting shot by those academic scholars toting 38 specials... you call neighbors and outdoors-men.

In conclusion

Only fat fucking retards... bitch and cry about forums on a message board being removed (like someone just stole all the butter from their refrigerator).

Stop your fucking whining you fat fucking pig ! There's no whining Shitsville!

P.S.

I'd let you hang out in my forum... but, I have rules... and I don't allow fat people or old people. Let alone, the combination plate.

It goes back to trying to get insurance for my forum... and I needed to come up with a policy that would be acceptable to the insurance company... or they said the forum was going to be a no go.

the truth
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Looks like somebody is ready for a nap. Here ya go, lil fella.

Don't forget your binky!
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Diego in Seattle wrote:Oral Roberts' 900' Jesus

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

mvscal wrote:Looks like somebody is ready for a nap. Here ya go, lil fella.

Don't forget your binky!
^^^^^^

That's like offering pâté on a plain, unsalted cracker to shutyomouth.

Why are you insulting his capacity?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

The State wrote:Look, you fat fucking retarded grandpa... if it wasn't for you and your fat fucking state (Idaho).

We wouldn't have had a single state out west that could have been lumped into the Midwestern or Southern fat pig category. Nice going, you fat fucking pig !

Leaving your house and herding to the local "golden corral" isn't considered "exercise"... because you left your house/couch for 3 hours and did the buffet shuffle around the stainless steel counter top that contains all your fat soluble vitamins that always seem to be wrapped up in a 64 ounce piece of leather that gives you a free meal if you grind it down your gullet in less than an hour.

I'm pretty sure it's not against the law (even in Boise, Idaho) for you to leave the house on hoof and walk around the block without the assistance of some sort of metal object that keeps you upright... and not getting shot by those academic scholars toting 38 specials... you call neighbors and outdoors-men.

look I understand and have always made allowances for the fact that you obviously suffer from some sort of slow debilitating brain issue (dementia, Alzheimer's, stupidity, etc.) but do you think you could cobble together something that has some degree of coherence to it.....this attempt at "smack" not only went off the rails, the cars all rolled down the hill and killed everybody living below the train tracks......

English Motherfucker, do you speak it
/s/
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:yes, I'm oblivious to the inner workings of the minds of you fucking geniuses......mix in a bunch of old theology threads with a bunch of old Cds threads, I'm almost positive they'd be really easy to find......
A thread about this was posted when it happened. It's not my fault you didn't see it/comprehend it/remember it.

I'm sorry you have to click in a different spot now to get to the same conversations. In threads that will have more participation than before. This is clearly worth getting very angry about.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'm sorry you have to click in a different spot now to get to the same conversations. In threads that will have more participation than before. This is clearly worth getting very angry about.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mgo, fwiw, I think this might be Felix' point...
Felix wrote:mix in a bunch of old theology threads with a bunch of old Cds threads, I'm almost positive they'd be really easy to find......
He may be wanting to go back and read a previous Theology Forum thread, and now it's pretty hard to locate.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm just sayin'.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

The Stool wrote: P.S.

I'd let you hang out in my forum... but, I have rules... and I don't allow fat people or old people. Let alone, the combination plate.

It goes back to trying to get insurance for my forum... and I needed to come up with a policy that would be acceptable to the insurance company... or they said the forum was going to be a no go.
Ahhh, so it must be in your "forum" where LTard has posted all of his guitar riffs.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Mgo, fwiw, I think this might be Felix' point...
Felix wrote:mix in a bunch of old theology threads with a bunch of old Cds threads, I'm almost positive they'd be really easy to find......
He may be wanting to go back and read a previous Theology Forum thread, and now it's pretty hard to locate.

I'm not criticizing anyone, I'm just sayin'.
So he's not angry because he's actually searching for a thread he can't find, but that he could be hypothetically angry over a thread he may not find at some point in the future?

Okay.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: So he's not angry because he's actually searching for a thread he can't find, he's just pointing out a scenario in which he could be hypothetically angry over a thread he can't find at some point in the future?

Okay.
what makes you think I'm angry about anything this shithole does? I don't read this place nearly as much as I used to as so much of it has simply become redundant

insofar as your explanation for doing away with the theology forum, I missed the thread, but if your purpose in moving it was to garner more participation, well then I hope it works.....at least we'll be able to avoid the inevitable "why don't you tards take it to the theology forum" that tart and I would routinely get hit with.....but tart was right, I used to like to look back into the theology forums to old threads to make sure I wasn't covering previously trod ground....

as for your idea.....well I'm almost positive it will work
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Fucking bitch needs to STFU & do her job or GTFO

Judge orders Kentucky clerk to issue gay marriage licenses
Associated Press By ADAM BEAM and CLAIRE GALOFARO

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — A county clerk in Kentucky will not immediately issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, her lawyer says, despite a federal judge ordering her to do so Wednesday in a case that seeks to reconcile the country's new marriage law and its protections of religious freedom.
Related Stories

Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis was one of a handful of local elected officials across the country that stopped issuing all marriage licenses after the U.S. Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage nationwide in June. Two gay couples and two straight couples sued her in federal court in the first lawsuit of its kind in the country.

County clerks issue marriage licenses in Kentucky, but someone else must "solemnize" the marriage before the license can be filed with the county clerk. Davis argued that issuing a marriage license to a same-sex couple that contains her signature is the same as her approving the marriage, which she said violates her Christian beliefs. But U.S. District Judge David Bunning rejected that argument, saying Davis has likely violated the U.S. Constitution's ban on the government establishing a religion by "openly adopting a policy that promotes her own religious convictions at the expenses of others."

"Davis remains free to practice her Apostolic Christian beliefs. She may continue to attend church twice a week, particiate in Bible Study and minister to female inmates at the Rowan County Jail. She is even free to believe that marriage is a union between one man and one woman, as many Americans do," Bunning wrote. "However, her religious convictions cannot excuse her from performing the duties that she took an oath to perform as Rowan County Clerk."

Despite the court's ruling, Davis' attorney, Roger Gannam, said Davis does not intend to issue any licenses until "we've exhausted all of our options to protect her rights." Gannam filed his notice of appeal about an hour after Bunning's order.

"This lawsuit has never been about them getting married; they could have done that any time," he said, suggesting the couples could have gone to the next county and applied for a license there. "This lawsuit is about forcing Kim Davis to violate her religious liberty."

Laura Landenwich, an attorney for the plaintiffs, said the 28-page ruling reveals that the judge painstakingly combed through each of Davis' legal arguments and rejected each one. Bunning said that although couples could get marriage licenses elsewhere, "why should they be required to?" He noted the surrounding counties require 30 minutes or one hour of travel and there are many "in this rural region of the state who simply do not have the physical, financial or practical means to travel."

Bunning said state law does not allow the county judge-executive to issue marriage licenses unless Davis is absent from her job, and Bunning refused to deem Davis absent because she has a religious objection. And Bunning said issuing a marriage license does not constitute speech, saying the marriage license form "does not require the county clerk to condone or endorse same-sex marriage on religious or moral grounds."

If Davis continues to refuse, and the Court of Appeals declines to issue a stay, Landenwich said they could seek to have her held in contempt of court, which can come with hefty fines or even jail time. Dan Canon, another attorney for the plantiffs, said it was "not surprising" that Davis will not comply with the judge's order.

"She's already refused to abide by the order of the Supreme Court and she's refused a direct order from her executive, who is Gov. (Steve) Beshear," Canon said. "I've certainly never run into anything quite so brazen in my life."

But Gannam said, "It's our position that no one has a constitutional right to get a marriage license from any particular person."

April Miller, one of the plaintiffs, has been engaged to Karen Roberts for 11 years. They were the first couple to be denied in Rowan County and said they plan to return to the clerk's office soon to get a license.

"We have our rings; we have an officiant. We have talked about food and cake and music and having a big party. We're excited about it." she said. "We need a license, and we need a date."
=========================================================
I will have to say that this story contained one of the most stupid things I've ever heard a lawyer say:
"It's our position that no one has a constitutional right to get a marriage license from any particular person."

Although I've never been in court when MS was "representing."
9/27/22
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I am 100% in support of those that chose not to provide services such as cakes/flowers/whatever the fukk in their private businesses.

This is a different kettle of fish.

She is a public official. She has a job to do which is proscribed by her gubmint organization. She can either do the described job or resign or be shit-canned.

I agree with Chip that if said gubmint hack can find a different hack in the office that is more comfortable doing the job, then go ahead. As a taxpayer, I can demand a service. I can not demand which hack provides the service.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

But U.S. District Judge David Bunning rejected that argument, saying Davis has likely violated the U.S. Constitution's ban on the government establishing a religion by "openly adopting a policy that promotes her own religious convictions at the expenses of others."
First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The judge is making things up.

Not that we've ever seen that before.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

poptart wrote:
But U.S. District Judge David Bunning rejected that argument, saying Davis has likely violated the U.S. Constitution's ban on the government establishing a religion by "openly adopting a policy that promotes her own religious convictions at the expenses of others."
First Amendment - Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The judge is making things up.

Not that we've ever seen that before.
People that talk to sky fairies shouldn't go around accusing people of making things up.

Just sayin.
9/27/22
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Jsc810 wrote:
"It's our position that no one has a constitutional right to get a marriage license from any particular person."

I don't have a problem with that, as long as the clerk has someone in her office issue the licenses. No, the couple should not have to go to the next county to get the license. The clerk loses this case (plus attorney fees and costs) unless her office performs the duties required by law.
If there had been another clerk in the office available to issue the license we wouldn't have heard about this case.

Should be interesting if the distance issue should come up in the abortion/Plan B court cases.
9/27/22