Re: 2015 Mock Draft

Post by Joe in PB »

Butkus didn't wear an earring.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

No way Winston drops to 10.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

R-Jack wrote:I love how the logic for not drafting a WR at 18 is they don't want to reach

Then project a WR at 19
With the Browns in that slot, it makes sense. Nobody ever lost by underestimating the stupidity of the Browns management.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Winston is most likely a Buc... :?
Go Bucs, Gators
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Probably. If he can get his head screwed on straight, he'll be a pretty good QB, too. He definitely has the skill set.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He has good size and strength, he can make the throws, and he's also come through in the big games in college.
I hear he has "good football IQ" as well.

What about overall IQ?
I'll be interested to see what his wonderlic score is.

Frankly, I get the impression that he's a meltdown waiting to happen.
When I listen to him in interviews, I hear a phony baloney.
Not genuine.
And if he is smart, that does not come through strongly when he speaks.

He also gets impatient with questions and seems to me to have some mental/emotional issue.
Of course he already has off field issues in his past.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

We've all had off field issues in the past. Not doubting your take pops, but believe the real problem with a lot of prospects especially QBs is they're babied all through college by coaching staffs & boosters. I'm sick of hearing HCs referring to their players as kids. They're young men & women, and should be treated as such, including being accountable for their school work, & actions on & off the field. NCAA sports can be great, they also can be a Chinese cluster fuck that caters more to winning & big money, than developing young men & women with integrity & character.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, pretty much.

Among other issues with him...
Rolling in to Publix, taking your crab legs, and just rolling out...
Wtf was that all about?

Even as a young dumbfuck "kid," could you have ever done such a thing?

What was he thinking about?

Just on this alone (and there are other issues), I really have to wonder about his character.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:and he's also come through in the big games in college.

I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Yeah, there was that.
A pretty funny play.

Overall, he did a lot of winning, though.
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

poptart wrote: Rolling in to Publix, taking your crab legs, and just rolling out...
Wtf was that all about?

Even as a young dumbfuck "kid," could you have ever done such a thing?

What was he thinking about?
Young people can do some stupid shit. Especially when they aren't living at home, don't have any money, and are hungry. I wouldn't be surprised if some of his buddies did the same thing and got away with it. So he gives it a try and bam, nailed. Perhaps he came up with the idea on his own, but I think players on teams that bring a lot of money to schools and conferences should probably get something like $800 a month as part of their scholarships. That way they have a little coin to go out and are less likely to get into trouble. Going to school & playing sports doesn't leave much if any time to make a few ducats.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Joe in PB wrote:Especially when they aren't living at home, don't have any money, and are hungry.
You were going for comedic effect, right?

Yeah, the star QB at Booster State U went without money... because there's no chance a booster would hand him 5 grand at the drop of a hat.

And food is free, pretty much 24/7.

Going to school & playing sports doesn't leave much if any time to make a few ducats.
Time is not an issue. A D1 scholarship athlete is only allowed to work a certain small amount -- something like up to $200 a month.

What has yet to be mentioned is Winston's alleged involvement in point-shaving, which there's credible, but far from concrete evidence to support. Of all the red flags, that one waves the loudest... just ask Tajh Boyd.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dinsdale wrote: What has yet to be mentioned is Winston's alleged involvement in point-shaving, which there's credible, but far from concrete evidence to support. Of all the red flags, that one waves the loudest... just ask Tajh Boyd.
I hadn't heard that. If true, that's a show stopper.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Were you under a rock during the month of November?

BTW -- "credible" may have been a bit strong a word on my part.

But it's been alleged by multiple parties, including the bookie he ripped off.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

4) Oakland Raiders - Well, this is written by a KC writer? I didn't know David Carr was still in the NFL. I know his little brother Derek that IS the Oakland QB needs a receiver and also a running game.

Best option is to somehow get DT Leonard Williams from USC (who wants to go to the Raiders) with the 4th pick if they can get Macklin (FA) 1st from the Eagles prior to the draft. If not Leonard Williams, then WR Kevin White from West Virginia over Amari Cooper.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

This is a terrible draft class for QBs. I doubt any of them will amount to much. If one does, I would put my money on one of the lower round guys.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:This is a terrible draft class for QBs. I doubt any of them will amount to much. If one does, I would put my money on one of the lower round guys.

Why that's a terrible idea.

Sin,

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Drafting Winston seems like betting on a leopard changing its spots.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Sudden Sam wrote:I like Mariota a lot. But I can't help but wonder about his skill set transferring to an NFL offense.

Agreed. But that 2-star came in and edge out stiff competition at QB for a pretty loaded team, mostly because he's a hard worker and a quick study. He's also a super-jock. But none of those things guarantee NFL success.

I'd take a chance with Hundley or Petty before I'd draft Winston.
Ditto. At least those guys aren't likely to be all over the police blotter every other week.

By age 21, most people have either developed character and morals, or they haven't. Mariota, Hundly, Petty, and others apparently have. Winston... not so much.

Taking a QB not named Luck with one of the very high picks is always a huge gamble, and generally indicates the team wants him to be "the face of the franchise" -- no way in hell would I give a walking, talking piece of excrement the keys to the organization.

And the reporters have said Lameass Jameis showed up a bit out of shape -- there's dedication for you.

And while 40 speed isn't much of a thing for QBs, I think I'd find his 4.97 a bit troubling, as well.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Sudden Sam wrote:I'd take a chance with Hundley or Petty before I'd draft Winston.
Hundley, maaaaaaybe. I wouldn't touch any Baylor QB with a 10 foot pole. That video game system they play in puts them so far behind the curve.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

22. Pittsburgh Steelers
Needs: CB, DL, S
The pick: A player at any other position than the 3 listed as needs. Player will be a physical freak but will spend 2 years mired behind the guy he will eventually replace.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

It is highly speculated that DE Leonard Williams will be taken by the 3rd pick. FA will dictate every single move with whom the Raiders take. GM Reggie MacKenzie would seemingly be in his final year as GM if he fucks up the advice from Del Rio from shoring up the defense 1st. Williams wants to be a Raider and is badly needed. It doesn't matter how many points the offense can score if they can't stop defensively as shown recently. Will Suh get enticed to come over? Big price tag along with character issues.

No idea if Reggie favors Cooper or White as WR's, but March 10th with FA will clear up the draft picture... as with every team. Cobb from GB is supposed to get $12 mil? and isn't really a true #1 WR. Maclin from Philly has interest but has a history with knee issues. The thinking is Chip might want to trade up and give Oakland some leverage to get Marriota.

One thing is for sure, the Yahoo picker from the other mock draft doesn't have a clue about the Raiders needs. The KC writer in the 3rd one Scrotto displayed is a nice want list.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As much as it pains me to say anything positive about a Hucking Fusky, I think that a few years down the road, Danny Shelton will be the guy people remember from this draft.

Dude had something like 88 tackles last season, which is a mind-boggling number for a DT.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

poptart wrote:What about overall IQ?
I'll be interested to see what his wonderlic score is.
I guess he (J. Winston) scored a 27.
It's about what I imagined he'd score.
Just a bit above QB average.

IQ-wise, he's not a dummy.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:Here's Mock 3.0 from KC Star - Still no WR pick for KC

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-co ... rylink=cpy
This mock is even worse than the first one you posted.

No way Gregory goes at 5. No way Mariota drops to 10 and definitely no FUCKING WAY Scherff drops to 18. 100% wishful thinking.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

Are you watching this?

Dallas is stacking the living shit out of their defense.

One D pick after another. Offensive line is already the best in the league, offense has firepower.....now The Cowboys are juicing the fuck out of their defense. They just got another DE in round 5....this team is loaded going into 2015.

The NFL is going to be buttfucked royally this year by Dallas.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:Are you watching this?

Dallas is stacking the living shit out of their defense.
Actually, they're just stacking shit. Gregory is a going to be a complete bust even at the bottom of the 2nd round. He is a weapons grade dumbfuck with a drug problem. I give better than even odds that he's out of the league before his rookie contract is up.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Actually, they're just stacking shit. Gregory is a going to be a complete bust even at the bottom of the 2nd round. He is a weapons grade dumbfuck with a drug problem. I give better than even odds that he's out of the league before his rookie contract is up.
He's also seriously lacking the size and strength to play his position at an NFL level. It would not shock me if he never started a game in the league.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

I don't think it would be a problem to bulk up a bit. He's just a fucking dumbass...with mental and drug problems.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Gregory has an anxiety problem mv. Get it straight.

:hfal:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Yeah that, too. Enjoy Dimitrius Underwood redux.

:lol:
Softball Bat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Softball Bat »

Jameis Winston.
poptart wrote:Frankly, I get the impression that he's a meltdown waiting to happen.
When I listen to him in interviews, I hear a phony baloney.
Not genuine.
And if he is smart, that does not come through strongly when he speaks.

He also gets impatient with questions and seems to me to have some mental/emotional issue.
Of course he already has off field issues in his past.
I like bumping solid takes.
88 wrote:I have no idea who Weaselberg is
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

You sound like our self-stroking asshole in the WH...your take might be spot on unlike our cunt in chief though...
Go Bucs, Gators
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bucmonkey wrote:You sound like our self-stroking asshole in the WH...your take might be spot on unlike our cunt in chief though...
He called it. Didn't Jameis get busted shooting a bb gun at FSU students near campus? What a fucking asshole.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.