More evidence that the GW crowd is using junk science

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Rooster
Eternal Scobode

More evidence that the GW crowd is using junk science

Post by Rooster »

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02 ... can-trust/

The gist of the article is the numbers are inflated by 35%, which utterly invalidates any "data" they have gathered. But please, don't let this stop you global warming Chicken Littles here from running around telling us the sky is falling and polar bears are drowning.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Re: More evidence that the GW crowd is using junk science

Post by Rooster »

Cock o' the walk, baby!
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Yea that David Burton, he's a hoot.

http://www.burtonsys.com/m125/
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Nice job. You've convinced me.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:
Nice job. You've convinced me.
That article actually doesn't bring anything new to the table. This has been discussed for years, with the Iceland dude (one of those actual "climate scientists" that the Cult says are uniquely entitled to comment) leading the charge.

And altering observed data is the antithesis of "science."

The grift continues.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

The State wrote:I'm surrounded by idiots
Of course you are, Meltin. You live in San Francisco.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Nice "I know I'm not but what are your neighbors" you black cock swallowing failure.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Interestingly, you lock-step Denialists never say why you're so vehement about your absolute belief in some conspiracy by...who?..George Soros and Al Gore?...

Are you just determined not to allow any waste of public funds as might be incurred in dealing with Climate Change? Are you so conscientious ? And similarly, why are you so determined to deny that the entire Demialist effort--including the new "scandal" info provided--is funded by the Koch brothers and similar corporate factions in a very concerted and organized fashion? The actual payoffs and fake "institutes" are well documented. So...what's your actual motivation here?
Before God was, I am
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

My motivation here is to stop not just a domestic power grab by the Left, but something far more genuinely sinister: A global power grab. Not content to ruin just our economy and strip basic human rights from ordinary US citizens, now the goal is merely to enslave an entire planet to an agenda that based on intentionally misleading "science" --if you can even call it that in light of the falsehoods that have been made public. Say that I am being overly dramatic, but the reality is the breadth and scope of this conspiracy is so jaw droppingly huge it boggles the mind.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/02 ... integrity/
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Your jaw-dropping stupidity boggles the mind.
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

The fact you deny that there is a conspiracy to legitimize global warming and control US industry for the purpose of redistributing our wealth is mind boggling. Let me know when China and India are told to curb their carbon emissions at the same time and to the same standard as the US. Then you can smirk and tell me I'm full of shit.

In the meantime you have on your side Al Gore telling us from Davos that the world needs to spend 90 trillion dollars to stop allowing cars from operating in all the world's cities. Remember, this is your guy. And if you had your way he's have been our proto-Obama, but for the wisdom of the Supreme Court.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Don't tell me who my guy is, Shit-for-Brains.

Your guy apparently is Breitbart, which removes any trace of credibility right from the start.
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:
Are you just determined not to allow any waste of public funds as might be incurred in dealing with Climate Change?
Yes, that's it exactly, Felchie old shoe. Indulge your fantasies on your own nickel if you don't mind.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Willers, yer drunk again.

babs, but what about the colossal costs of not dealing with the profound (and much quicker ) dire effects of Climate Change?

rooster, yours is a simplistic wind-up right-wing radio paranoia. What is this supposed global power grab you're gibbering about?
Before God was, I am
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

AS for the "expert" sources of Denial, like the Breitbart site provided, let's examine this propaganda effort ..
http://www.breitbartunmasked.com/

And willers...who gives a fuck about your tedious nonsense?..
Before God was, I am
The State
Ren Fairy

Post by The State »

Porky, went cut and paste... and didn't give credit... once again.

Too fucking funny.
EAP wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am The STATE has all the answers
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Hey I hate to be the one to break this to you, but even the most uninformed clowns walking the earth right now acknowledged climate change is real

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-enviro ... ge-is-real

of course, the party line vote was 50 said man had no relationship to this change, while 49 said mankind was a large factor.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Felix wrote:Hey I hate to be the one to break this to you, but even the most uninformed clowns walking the earth right now acknowledged climate change is real.

Damn near everyone understands that the climate is changing. Just like it has since something created this rock.

Where the disagreement begins is on how large a factor man plays in the change.

Why is this distinction so hard for you and others to understand?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:Hey I hate to be the one to break this to you, but even the most uninformed clowns walking the earth right now acknowledged climate change is real
Of course climate change is real. The climate has never and will never do anything but change.

The fantasy is twofold at its most basic.

A. That the minuscule input of human activity into this enormous and wildly chaotic system can and has been measured with any degree of accuracy.

B. That by reducing our minuscule input by a small fraction (at the cost of untold trillions) will have any effect whatsoever on the climate.

You idiots are trying to measure a fart in a tornado and believe that, if we clench our ass cheeks real tight and only let out half a fart, it will make some kind of difference. You are delusional cultists.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

mvscal wrote:
A. That the minuscule input of human activity into this enormous and wildly chaotic system can and has been measured with any degree of accuracy.

B. That by reducing our minuscule input by a small fraction (at the cost of untold trillions) will have any effect whatsoever on the climate.
Yea cause no species has ever had an effect on the climate before. Why do you think humans are so ineffectual?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Ineffectual?

I'm just asking for real measurements. No hidden declines. No fudged numbers or hockey sticks. No computer models which aren't even able model historical climate data. Anyone who says the "science is settled" is a fucking liar or a fucking idiot or a lying fucking idiot. It's patently obvious that we don't understand the climate and all of the various inputs and feedback well enough to model its behavior with any degree of confidence.

What percentage (if any) of observed variability is due to human activity? How much human activity can we curtail without living in caves? How much will it cost and will it even have any measurable impact on the climate one way or another?

Check back in when you can answer those questions. Until then....not one fucking dime.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:Ineffectual?

I'm just asking for real measurements. No hidden declines. No fudged numbers or hockey sticks. No computer models which aren't even able model historical climate data. Anyone who says the "science is settled" is a fucking liar or a fucking idiot or a lying fucking idiot. It's patently obvious that we don't understand the climate and all of the various inputs and feedback well enough to model its behavior with any degree of confidence.

What percentage (if any) of observed variability is due to human activity? How much human activity can we curtail without living in caves? How much will it cost and will it even have any measurable impact on the climate one way or another?

Check back in when you can answer those questions. Until then....not one fucking dime.
I see you've got your simplistic droning marching orders from the various Koch-sponsored shell "institutes"...yawn..well, here's some basic evidence that of course human activity has already caused tremendous damage--and is increasing--to our fragile ecosystem..

And these are actual scientists--who are not in some conspiracy with Soros and the evil democrats...( :twisted: )...

http://www.ucsusa.org/our-work/global-w ... NqFpObF9sI

http://www.skepticalscience.com/empiric ... arming.htm

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

And of course you're inured to any such plain facts just like a Christer. But..reality is here...and you're hiding under a rock.
Before God was, I am
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88... epic fail on your part. If you wanted to make a point about life expectancy being related to CO2 level, you should have gone back and altered all of the observed data to ensure it reinforces your point...

It's how "science" is done these days. Thn you can claim it's "settled."
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

"on the government take" ? This is the conspiracy theory that Soros and some global hegemonists are using the Climate Change issue as a money-making , power-grabbing plot...?

Umm...but you offer nothing whatever to support this. And the constant blather of the fake "institutes' established by the Kochs really doesn't count.

And you seem to be cherry picking in attempting to dispute the clear assertions. There's lots of evidence provided in the three sites. As for the fact of overpopulation attending the alarming factors of environmental strain and damage, well...duh....this is no surprise.

What's almost interesting is the curious similarity between the old Christer position of "man can't influence the planet" with the newer Koch position of the same claim. The Kochs of course are not religious, but "libertarian," which is exactly the same except it worships money instead of a deity.

But again...why are you so entrenched in your Denialism? What's your angle? That is, you can't seriously believe that we're not fucking up the planet--very quickly. The fishing stocks, the fresh water supplies, the accumulated toxins in all manner of human life, the desertification of huge amounts of land, the growing acidification of the seas, and the increasing speed of extinction of species. And you're taking some "anti-government" position on some murky Ayn Rand principle?
Before God was, I am
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:Of course climate change is real. The climate has never and will never do anything but change.
This.

And then this.
You idiots are trying to measure a fart in a tornado and believe that, if we clench our ass cheeks real tight and only let out half a fart, it will make some kind of difference.
classic mv. :applause: :lol:

It's damn near impossible to walk thru a room clenching your ass cheeks.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Who is "they"? You use the word "government" very loosely. As for 9/11, this wasn't "the government" at all, but a cabal of traitors inside the government--the Bush administration--who pulled off a massive crime.

http://how911wasdone.blogspot.com/

What's your absurd connection? Where is your Denialism actually rooted? Besides the constant droning of the fake Koch "institutes"...what are you basing anything on?
Before God was, I am
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:Instead, put me down as someone who believes in the scientific method
really?

http://iopscience.iop.org/1748-9326/8/2/024024/article
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Felix wrote:
really?

For really real?

You're actually contending that science-by-democracy is consistent with "scientific method"?

So, the flat earth has the sun revolving around it?

"Even if we have to change what the peer review process is!!!!!!"

Felix, yes or no question -- don't dance around it:

Is altering observed data (always in one direction) consistent with the scientific method?

"YES" or "NO"?
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
really?

Yeah, really, you brainless fucktard. Consensus is a political term with no scientific relevance whatsoever.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote: Yeah, really, you brainless fucktard. Consensus is a political term with no scientific relevance whatsoever.
So surely a more relevant factor in assessing a scientist's credibility would be if he's getting paid to produce his findings. You know, like the various institutes and credentialed scientists who are the only ones denying Climate Change? Like the various Koch-funded groups whose simplistic reasoning mixed with nasty smears and vague but urgent warnings of a vast conspiracy by liberals. Yes, they're all on the payroll of the Kochs and similar corporatists--and this is not hidden or denied. So...why do you accept their shill findings?
Before God was, I am
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:So surely a more relevant factor in assessing a scientist's credibility would be if he's getting paid to produce his findings.
Everybody wants and needs to be paid, whatever it is they do to buy groceries and pay the rent.

You ask a lot of questions. Some fair, most rhetorical or loaded.

So my fair question to you is, what do you do to get paid?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:
mvscal wrote: Yeah, really, you brainless fucktard. Consensus is a political term with no scientific relevance whatsoever.
So surely a more relevant factor in assessing a scientist's credibility would be if he's getting paid to produce his findings. You know, like the various institutes and credentialed scientists who are the only ones denying Climate Change?

It is amazing that you refuse to understand that most of those who claim global warming is human based are being paid as well.

But as 88 pointed out, who is paying the bills matters not in their credibility.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

False equivocation, fake seater. The various agencies who support the assertion of Climate Change--and that's the vast majority of the world's experts--are of course drawing a salary, or a grant. But they are most decidedly not being paid to produce and report a specific result. And this is of course exactly the situation of every single Climate Change denier. The Kochs and their ilk fund them with explicit instructions to produce the denailist claims.

Of what part of this are you in denial?
Before God was, I am
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Wagon wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:So surely a more relevant factor in assessing a scientist's credibility would be if he's getting paid to produce his findings.
Everybody wants and needs to be paid, whatever it is they do to buy groceries and pay the rent.

You ask a lot of questions. Some fair, most rhetorical or loaded.

So my fair question to you is, what do you do to get paid?
of course you're a coward and won't expose yourself while you question others motivation at the very same moment.

Put up or shut up.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

LTS the only fake here is you.

There is far more evidence of a conspiracy with altering data and emails saying it is ok to destroy data or overstate findings, than there is with 9/11. But of course you can't see that with all your cut and pasting.
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

There well may have been some fudging of figures on one particular project, and this has been noted--though blown up far more than warranted. But there's nothing whatsoever you can produce that suggests an actual conspiracy of Soros and Al Gore or whatever.. However, what you seem intent on denying is that the Kochs actually buy the denying scientists. All of them. Why doesn't this cause you to doubt--if not completely dismiss--their fake findings?

Are you prepared to dispute these reports? Or just dismiss them as part of a "liberal" conspiracy?

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... al-effort/

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/en/campai ... ndustries/
Before God was, I am
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

After the damage Greenpeace caused the Nazca Lines, where they stupidly damaged a world heritage site to make a political point last month, your AGW cite is less than credible, LTS.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

Or perhaps those dastardly Koch brothers donned Greenpeace uniforms and did it themselves to discredit environmentalists? :lol:
Cock o' the walk, baby!