JoePa restored as winningest coach....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

JoePa restored as winningest coach....

Post by WolverineSteve »

...to ever cover up for a kiddie diddler. WTF? Is the NCAA admitting they overstepped? I don't think vacating wins does anything anyway, I mean the record books all have asterisks, but why the back peddle?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... d-restored
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: JoePa restored as winningest coach....

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sick and disgusting behavior, both by the NCAA and the Pedo State cultists that still surround the university.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Time to get the statue out of the storage unit.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Papa Willie wrote:The (child) fuckers should have gotten the death penalty...
Actually, when one gets past their extreme (and well-warranted) initial reaction, they really shouldn't.

While we all wanted blood, when you look at the facts of the case, they didn't break any NCAA rules, and probably shouldn't have been punished at all by the NCAA. Not their job.

Don't get me wrong -- I think we all wish it was merely a case of them committing NCAA violations... but this was much, much, much worse than any NCAA violation. It was criminal, in the extreme. But last I checked, the NCAA isn't there to enforce the laws of Pennsylvania -- that's what the authorities in Pennsylvania are for.

To this day, it turns my stomach and makes me cringe, but apart from some vague, cryptic shit in the NCAA rules, it wasn't really an "athletic violation," and didn't violate NCAA laws -- but it certainly violated some really basic laws of human decency, and violated the criminal code in flagrant fashion.

And I kind of doubt the off-chance of witnessing a young boy being violently sodomized gave them much of a recruiting edge (OK, did I really just type that? I'll stop now).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Dinsdale wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:The (child) fuckers should have gotten the death penalty...
Actually, when one gets past their extreme (and well-warranted) initial reaction, they really shouldn't.

While we all wanted blood, when you look at the facts of the case, they didn't break any NCAA rules, and probably shouldn't have been punished at all by the NCAA. Not their job.

Don't get me wrong -- I think we all wish it was merely a case of them committing NCAA violations... but this was much, much, much worse than any NCAA violation. It was criminal, in the extreme. But last I checked, the NCAA isn't there to enforce the laws of Pennsylvania -- that's what the authorities in Pennsylvania are for.

To this day, it turns my stomach and makes me cringe, but apart from some vague, cryptic shit in the NCAA rules, it wasn't really an "athletic violation," and didn't violate NCAA laws -- but it certainly violated some really basic laws of human decency, and violated the criminal code in flagrant fashion.

And I kind of doubt the off-chance of witnessing a young boy being violently sodomized gave them much of a recruiting edge (OK, did I really just type that? I'll stop now).
Yep.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:And I kind of doubt the off-chance of witnessing a young boy being violently sodomized gave them much of a recruiting edge
Yeah, from the pictures I've seen, Diego doesn't really look like a D1 prospect.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote:NCAA hasnt agreed to it, Penn State is asking them to reinstate the wins

Wrong. You don't read well, do you?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Ya know.....

I hate hate HATE pedophiles( had a hand in putting 6 or so away for life) and Joe was an old shit head, but taking away wins in a record book.......who cares. The crime and cover up has been dealt with. The players over those years(which is who I consider above all) didn't have damn thing to do with it. Give him the wins back. Who gives shit.
What were we just talking about?
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Pedo State is a sick fucking cult...

https://mobile.twitter.com/dennisdoddcb ... 1750235136
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

And Paterno's involvement, or lack thereof, probably contributed to his death.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Boo-fucking-hoo.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

88 wrote:What possible benefit could Paterno hope to gain by keeping a child sex offender on his staff or close to his program
Really? You find it so hard to believe that Paterno would want to ignore Sandusky being a kiddy-diddler because, as you said, he worked with him and trusted him for decades, only to find out he was a kiddy-diddling scumbag?

Paterno didn't want to believe. How hard is that to believe?
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: The Trojans opted to stand on their merits and fight because they had nothing to hide the school hadnt broken any rules.

You can keep telling yourself that all you want, but it is still a lie.

Reggie Bush was given a car. He accepted it and drove it extensively. Violation. End of story.

It doesn't matter that the person who gave him the car wasn't a fan or booster. Reggie took the car. Meanwhile his parents accepted use of a house. Another violation.

schmick wrote:The ncaa and the hacks on the coi... started making shit up like "should have known".
It isn't made up. SC should have known what Reggie was driving and where his parents were living. At the time of the violations SC had a compliance department of TWO people. Compare that to Rice with a compliance department of eight employees or Texas A&M with 11. Compliance was clearly something SC didn't care about. Further, both the NCAA and SC had student athlete auto registration and parental housing forms to track such info. SC didn't follow up on either.

So yes, SC should have known and would have easily learned had they spent 5 minutes on either.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Ya know.....

I hate hate HATE pedophiles( had a hand in putting 6 or so away for life)
Wow. Sounds like you had a horrific childhood. No wonder you turned out the way you did.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: The car that he started driving had a lower KBB value than the truck he had when he got to USC.

Typical of you. Focus on the cost or value, not that he accepted a car he wasn't entitled too.

schmick wrote: And the house his parents moved in to was in the same town, zip code and housing tract as the house they were in when he started at USC.

Yeah, homes worth $750K plus and $150K homes are usually found together.
schmick wrote:As for the 2 people working in the compliance department, the school had 12-15 people working in the compliance department while school was in session, the example they gave where there were just 2 people was when school was out of session for winter break
Let's assume for a second that the above is true. That SC hires its compliance office staff on a per semester basis. That tells us all we need to know about their give a crap level for compliance.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Ok assuming that is true, his family still received free rent for a year.

Plus the free airfare loans, the Vegas Hotel loans, the NYC limos, etc, etc. even if we believe that this was all repaid, it is still a violation.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Of course there is zoning laws in LA...there are zoning laws everywhere.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The amount matters not, nor the circumstances. Taking anything is a violation and Reggie knew this.

The family and Reggie got greedy and couldn't wait a few months before cashing in.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

Which has nothing to do with zoning. A popular real estate move is to buy a shithole, bulldoze it and build your palace. Doesn't make sense to me, but I see where it can be a financial advantage. It's weird seeing big new homes next to run down shitholes.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:The amount matters not, nor the circumstances. Taking anything is a violation and Reggie knew this.

The family and Reggie got greedy and couldn't wait a few months before cashing in.
Man, I'm really torn on this issue.

My brain keeps telling me that you and 88 are dead on but maybe I'm soft on this issue.

The NCAA's rules are pretty absurd and I've seen them up close and personal. My ex from before the ex-wife in college was pretty damn close with a guy since high school who became a pretty prominent OU athlete. A big part of the reason he ended up at OU was his connection to her family.

The stuff the NCAA says is against the rules is absurd. Especially for family's who are already receiving charity before ever being a star athlete.

But upper middle class Timmy Tebow's daddy can start a church and accept unlimited "donations."

The NCAA is absurd.

Texas fans think OU is a dirty program and I laugh heartily at this assumption. I tell them to go follow @OUCompliance on Twitter.

Are there little things that happen still, yeah. Do they happen at Texas too? Most certainly, no need for details on message boards but Vince Young and OJ McClintock (90s QB who moved to LB) are easy proof of such.

I don't have time for a long well thought out and articulate response and I'm disgusted finding myself even slightly on the same side as schmuck on an issue.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

The rules being rules is completely different than your level of agreement.

You can disagree with the need for a certain rule all you want, but that doesn't change the rule itself. See Cowboys fans and the completion of a catch.

As for Texas fans thinking OU was dirty, it almost all came from Barrah. Dude had an aww shucks take on the rules. This was only reinforced when he carried a gun thru security at DFW while Cowboys HC.

Are there violations at most programs, probably. If you have knowledge of violations at Texas, why don't/didn't you share them with someone? I have heard plenty about a few OU players in the last decade, including a running back that wore #22, but while the sources are reliable, it is all still he said she said.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

schmick, even if everything you said about this is 100% true -- which is hard to believe given your bias -- why do you still spend so much time nursing your vagina over this? Nothing is going to change. What's done is done. Move the fuck on.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:The rules being rules is completely different than your level of agreement.

You can disagree with the need for a certain rule all you want, but that doesn't change the rule itself. See Cowboys fans and the completion of a catch.

As for Texas fans thinking OU was dirty, it almost all came from Barrah. Dude had an aww shucks take on the rules. This was only reinforced when he carried a gun thru security at DFW while Cowboys HC.

Are there violations at most programs, probably. If you have knowledge of violations at Texas, why don't/didn't you share them with someone? I have heard plenty about a few OU players in the last decade, including a running back that wore #22, but while the sources are reliable, it is all still he said she said.
Why would I share them? Someone got a meaningless job somewhere and their family gets to eat for a few years while our schools cash in on them? I don't have an issue with it, I have an issue with the rules in place making it necessary.

I've heard plenty about OU players over the years, known a handful as well. I don't have a glowing opinion of them all personally like that. I'm not that sort of rah rah kind of fan. I don't seek out bashing those players either like other message boarders though.

The short of the answer is I don't think what Texas is doing is wrong when they do that. I think the NCAA rules are absurd. I think laws in this country have become absurd in general and the NCAA is just an extension of that culture.

Barrah was awww shucks about the rules but the NCAA only proved Larry Lacewell ever did anything and he was long fired. The only direct violations on Switzer he ever received were playing for a kid to fly home to his father's funeral and another funeral that the entire coaching staff chipped in on for a child of a player on the team who had cancer. That Evil Barry.

Bud Wilkinson was a horrible man operating a slush fund . . . that only players who were veterans of WWII ever saw a dime of. No High school recruit ever saw a penny, every dime went to vets.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
schmick wrote:
Scam Newtons dad did the same thing and allbarn funnelled 4 times as much money to get newton to go to allbarn for one year than the NFL agents paid the Griffens to get Bush to leave USC early
If I recall correctly, Newton's dad's church was not meeting building standards and was going to have to shut down when suddenly he had basically an entirely new church.

Halleluhjah! Ain't god great?
Yeah, Cam's was a little different. Tebow's family created an entirely new nondenominational church out of thin air.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

So do you work to change the rules now since you disagree with them?

But just because we disagree with a rule, doesn't make breaking said rule ok.

Perfect example:

My wife and I are good friends with a family that we used to live across the street from. We still see the family multiple times a year and exchange gifts on birthdays and christmas. Their oldest daughter is a very good golfer and will soon begin the recruitment process. As of this point her parents have not allowed any contact between schools and her despite intrest. They have set Aug 1 of this year as the point when they will let her start reading the mail, taking phone calls from schools (home land line only) and the other related recruiting activities. This will give schools about 15 months before the early fall signing period of her senior year.

The problem is her top two choices are RICE and Texas. This means that my wife and I will basically be cut off from the family until after the daughter signs her LOI. We are certainly RICE athletic boosters by all possible definitions and we also are donors to the Texas Business School and MBA program. That means no gifts, little contact, etc until the daughter signs. Do I agree with it? Hell no, but I have to follow the rules. Would I pressure her to attend Rice or Texas, no, but she would certainly ask me about Rice and anything I say could be used against the school.

She will already have a long list of compliance related disclosures just as soon as she opens the recruiting door to Rice or Texas. She has attended multiple football games with my wife and I and we have given her family a lot of tickets that we couldn't use over the past decade. My wife has also talked up the Texas Business school and taken her to a few alumni network events.

Sucks, but them be the rules today.

EDIT:

As I sit here typing this out I just realized I will have to file info with the compliance office as soon as RICE starts recruiting her.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Not surprising you missed the whole point.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Oh, I got the point. Vacuous, pretentious and self-absorbed is no way to go through life, son.

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Goober McTuber wrote:Oh, I got the point. Vacuous, pretentious and self-absorbed is no way to go through life, son.

Sorry your son sees life that way. Me gut be a reflection on your parenting skills. Maybe not.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Left Seater wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Oh, I got the point. Vacuous, pretentious and self-absorbed is no way to go through life, son.

Sorry your son sees life that way. Me gut be a reflection on your parenting skills. Maybe not.
WTF?

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Clearly it is a reflection of my typing skills on a phone.

I am not your son, you are not my father, Thank God.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

No shit. I would have taken a switch to you years ago.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:You're melting all over the board!
Who's surprised? Considering how much time he spends sunbathing to get that tan. Takes hard work.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:Fuck, Goobs. Relax. You seem extra cranky here lately. You're melting all over the board!
Oh, I see. When you do it, you're just fucking with people. When I do it I'm melting. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go fuck your fucking self, you FAT fucking RETARD. :mrgreen:

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:You're melting all over the board!
Who's surprised? Considering how much time he spends sunbathing to get that tan. Takes hard work.
I tan easily. DNA test showed I have African blood, about 7 generations back. Might explain the size of my heart.

FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Goobineatious wrote: DNA test showed I have African blood, about 7 generations straight. Might explain the size of my heart.
Fixed. We know how hard it is for you intercity youths to read and all.

sin,
White folks

P.S.- Watch out for the short white dude, running around mumbling about black cack...unless you're into that sort of thing.
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater wrote:So do you work to change the rules now since you disagree with them?
Not my chair . . . I'm just bitching on a message board. I don't have a bank account large enough to influence those sort of decisions.

I do think a little bit of rebellion in such a system is healthy and justified.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

So - in the past couple of year I've really backed away from the fray. The community is really divided in a number of ways. I spend good hours and/or weeks of my life thinking too much about all of that stuff, and ended up just trying to enjoy the games as much as I could.

Franklin has this thing moving in a really great direction. Recruiting is going really well, and we have a great staff that will probably bring this program back into the top ten for a while.

I haven't cared about win totals in about 15 years, when it was actually an entertaining topic of discussion for a while. If Paterno was the great man that his fervent supporters make him out to be, win totals wouldn't have mattered to him...and I think he said as much. At this point I don't care at all what Paterno's legacy is, I am a Penn State fan first, which primarily is rooted in my participation in the community as a whole, and where football is concerned, it's all about the team and what the players can achieve that I find interesting.

Honestly I'm sickened by the element of the PSU fan base that cares only about the wins and legacy of JVP. I still feel closely connected to the PSU community, which is far more than what happened with the Sandusky debacle and the aftermath.

Equally, I'm sickened by those who refuse to understand the real implications of sexual abuse and see it only in terms of what happened with Sandusky and PSU. We all have a part to play in countering sexual abuse - without exception.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wonderful to see you back, broski.

No one in their right fucking mind connects the horrors that happened in the PSU program with the PSU Community. While it brought short term shame, it showed us the good of people, evidenced by the outpouring and activism of said community.

You're a PSUFan (or so I've gleaned) -- don't tell me that if you, or hundreds of thousands of your bretheren had an inkling of what was going on, you wouldn't have done everything in your power to stop it and hold those responsible accountable. Whether JoPa was privy/complicit or not is moot at this point... you weren't.

While us CFB fans like to get the hate going, deep down we know it's just symbolism for something greater -- if we all didn't relish Saturdays, we wouldn't be able to call the fans of our archrival such clever shit as "stupid fag" and whatnot. And it's that oddly disconnected connection that I think makes everyone want to root for PSU a little bit -- no fanbase has been hurt to the core like Lionfan, and that hurts us all, because we all hurt for the victims. No amount of wouldashouldacoulda can fix things. So just support Coach Franklin, and turn something fucking awful into a positive.

Go PSU, until the healing process really kicks in, and until you start winning. Then, fuck Kerry Collins, Joe Jurevicius, and Kijana Cater, and fuck PSU. Quack Quack, bitches.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

The Cult of JVP is still alive and well in Happy Valley, see the reaction to Franklin's decision to strip the last names off the jerseys. Here's a note to PSU fans and Cultists: Anytime you're making a decision to harken back to the JVP era, make the OPPOSITE decision.

MSU fans are right: PSU should have been kicked out of the Big 11.