Since the Big 12 got shut out will they.....

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Since the Big 12 got shut out will they.....

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't think they have a choice.

I'll say Cincinnati and Memphis.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

I hope not.

But if we do add someone might as well go big and bring in USC and UCLA.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:
But if we do add someone might as well go big and bring in USC and UCLA.

Good luck with that.

The PAC would counter by taking Texas and OU.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Time to give Texas the ultimatum.

The precedent has been set to leave our conference out now. The way Texas has steered the ship might as well just merge with Conference USA since we just became them anyway.

Adding two teams with no respect isn't saving what happened today now that the precedent has been set. Time to start contacting movers and deciding what we want to keep at the new house.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:
Finding two quality programs shouldn't be that hard - BYU, Louisville, Boise, Cinn - all could fill the bill
I think the PAC already made a run at BYU, and the money probably would have been better for them than the B12. Be interesting to see Louisville change conferences for the 20th time in 15 years.

I think the day of 4 16 team conferences is coming. PAC might have to chance their admission rules to pick up 4 more.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

And maybe, just maybe, the B12 shouldn't change their rules last-minute to try and get their team in... complete BS move.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

KC Scott wrote:Adding two teams gives the Big 12 the CCG and more importantly a 13th game - that was the rationale of the committee for upping tOSU

Finding two quality programs shouldn't be that hard - BYU, Louisville, Boise, Cinn - all could fill the bill
BYU won't compete on Sundays which is non-negotiable for all the western P5 conferences television contracts in sports other than football; especially Olympic. Deal breaker.

Louisville is a member of the ACC now and subject to their buyout clauses.

Boise? Cincy? Seriously? BURN IT DOWN, BURN IT DOWN!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What's your problem with Boise? They are a solid program and would only get better with Big 12 resources. You probably also would have laughed at the idea of TCU being the best team in the Big 12.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:What's your problem with Boise? They are a solid program and would only get better with Big 12 resources. You probably also would have laughed at the idea of TCU being the best team in the Big 12.
Not everything is solely about football for OU or Texas. OU's academic prestige has sky rocketed the last two decades. My father's generation had a real inferiority complex about our academic prestige and as much as we have poured into athletics the last decade, they actually pale in comparison to what we have spent on academics. My alma mater is damn near the model university in how it should be ran in numerous facets and I am damn proud of that. I want that to continue.

Sadly, athletics are tied to academics in many ways. More numerous ways than I have to sit down, list, and critique, in one post this afternoon.

You show me a poster who says screw all that over a bowl game in January and I'll show you a poster who's a Tshirt fan and never darkened the door of a course on campus.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

schmick wrote:Boise, Reno, UNLV and SDSU... 4 schools that will let nike kick them around and be happy about it
As you alluded to, the PAC would have to change the admission requirements for Boise. Reno might be an option (and Pullman wouldn't feel as bad about their "shithole" status, since they'd have competition for the title). But Reno and UNLV present the same problem, that being the gambling aspect.

SDSU seems like a good fit, maybe even CSU (not sure about their research/postgrad stuff).

UNLV would probably jump at the chance, since their athletic department is way in the hole these days.

And if USC and UCLA talk about leaving (fat chance), see how fast Uncle Phil gets his checkbook out (remember, he's bailed out both Stanford and Oregon State's athletic programs in recent years).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Two True Champions.

Nice meltdown, B12.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Dinsdale wrote:One True Champions.

Nice meltdown, B12.

Fixed
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Why are TCU and Baylor co-champs? Didn't Baylor win head-to-head? Having one designated champ might have helped their cause a little bit more. I love the round robin format, but you can't have co-champions...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Why are TCU and Baylor co-champs?
Because Bowlsby "misspoke."

Even though they had rules on paper.

Hilarious.

Not as hilarious as Baylor having University of the Incarnate World on their future schedule.

Texas had UCLA, OU had Tennessee. KSU scheduled Auburn. Baylor played... Buffalo.

Fuck yourselves, Baylor.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

schmick wrote:Incarnate Word was on Ole Miss' schedule

or was that Presbygenerians?
You sat to-MAY-to, I say to-MAH-to, let's call the SEC a joke.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

schmick wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Why are TCU and Baylor co-champs? Didn't Baylor win head-to-head? Having one designated champ might have helped their cause a little bit more. I love the round robin format, but you can't have co-champions...

The problem is the one that they would have designated champion played SMU, Buffalo and Northwestern State OOC
I get that, but it doesn't answer my question. Baylor and TCU finished with the same conference record, TCU won head-to-head...so why have co-champs?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Why are TCU and Baylor co-champs? Didn't Baylor win head-to-head? Having one designated champ might have helped their cause a little bit more. I love the round robin format, but you can't have co-champions...
When the Big 11 had round robin, didn't they call it co-champ, too? Or better known as sharing the title, or not outright champ?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:TCU won head-to-head...so why have co-champs?
To make an extremely pathetic case that they're conference "champ" belongs... did you really need that explained?

Hey B12 -- YHKYOA. Don't blame the committee for this one. Entirely your own doing.

Incarnate World?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:
When the Big 11 had round robin, didn't they call it co-champ, too? Or better known as sharing the title, or not outright champ?
I think so, and it's stupid. At least in 2010 when there were three co-champs, two of them didn't play each other so there wasn't much else they could do. But in this case, it's cut and dry. Baylor should be the outright champ.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
I don't think the term "round robin" means what you think it means.

When did the Big10 play 9 conference games (unless I'm having a memory lapse)?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:TCU won head-to-head...so why have co-champs?
To make an extremely pathetic case that they're conference "champ" belongs... did you really need that explained?

Hey B12 -- YHKYOA. Don't blame the committee for this one. Entirely your own doing.

Incarnate World?
I meant to say Baylor, not TCU.

And you meant to say Incarnate Word. Although you likely didn't know about their existence 10 minutes ago so I'll give you a pass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Baylor should be the outright champ.
They are, per B12 rules.

It's possible that their bullshit tactics offended the committee...

and Buffalo as the OOC juggernaut.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

They can get a waiver and have a CCG with only 10 teams. That will happen for sure next year.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Jsc810 wrote:Per the conference rules, they are co-champs. That's why you saw TCU receive a conference champ trophy. Head to head counts only for bowl selection.
If you can read, it also says it applies to the CFP.

Idiots wanted it both ways.

Sorry, the rest of the country is laughing at the attempt at bet-hedging.

The B12 can do whatever it wants. Including crying about the consequences of its moronic procedures. They played games with the committee and lost.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Conf title games aren't the end all be all either. Oregon is the PAC 12 champ because they lost first.

The Big XII made a mistake and it will be fixed next season, there will be no more co champions.

But, let's just say for a minute that Baylor had played Colorado or Indiana instead of Buffalo. It wouldn't have made a difference. The committee chair said as much. This was a TV selection.

They wanted tOSU to try to break their 0-10 record in bowls against the SEC.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

KC Scott wrote:
WolverineSteve wrote:They can get a waiver and have a CCG with only 10 teams. That will happen for sure next year.
They would have to split into two divisions of five teams as is - don't see that happening
I believe they could just have the top two square off. There is an NCAA waiver available to allow a 10 team conference have a CCG. In light of being shut out this year, and the fact that adding teams takes more than a few months to complete, I bet they get the waiver pushed through so it doesn't happen to them again.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Left Seater wrote:Conf title games aren't the end all be all either. Oregon is the PAC 12 champ because they lost first.
Huh?

Oregon is the PAC12 champ for the same reason tOSU is the B1G champ, and Bama is the SEC champ, and FSU is the ACC champ.

Guess what? If Zona, Wisky, Mizzou, or GT would have won last weekend... they'd be conference champ. If Oregon had lost to Colorado and Oregon State the two previous games -- they'd still be PAC 12 champ.

See how that works?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Dinsdale wrote:
Left Seater wrote:Conf title games aren't the end all be all either. Oregon is the PAC 12 champ because they lost first.
Huh?

Oregon is the PAC12 champ for the same reason tOSU is the B1G champ, and Bama is the SEC champ, and FSU is the ACC champ.

Guess what? If Zona, Wisky, Mizzou, or GT would have won last weekend... they'd be conference champ. If Oregon had lost to Colorado and Oregon State the two previous games -- they'd still be PAC 12 champ.

See how that works?

Oh, I get how it works, but it is just as stupid. Oregon and Zona split. Oregon gets the title because they won the second game.

The advantage the CCG brings is the winner just played their 13th game.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

That historic three peat USC was trying to sell everyone on was actually a zero peat.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

schmick wrote: They lost a bcs trophy, they still have both AP titles they won those years

No one but SC counts AP national titles after the BCS started. That's like saying you won the beauty pageant. Never mind you didn't take home the trophy for most beautiful but for congeniality.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Left Seater wrote:No one but SC counts AP national titles after the BCS started. That's like saying you won the beauty pageant. Never mind you didn't take home the trophy for most beautiful but for congeniality.
The Associated Press has been one of the most trusted and respected news agencies in the world for more than a century and a half. They have been awarding college football national championships since 1936.

The BCS was a 16-year experiment that is widely regarded as an abject failure and is now defunct.

I know you guys love to get schmick all riled up, and I enjoy watching him melt as much as the next guy, but nobody outside the Deep South acknowledges LSU's 2003 MNC as even remotely legitimate.
"Keys, woman!"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: The Associated Press has been one of the most trusted and respected news agencies in the world for more than a century and a half. They have been awarding college football national championships since 1936.

The BCS was a 16-year experiment that is widely regarded as an abject failure and is now defunct.

I know you guys love to get schmick all riled up, and I enjoy watching him melt as much as the next guy, but nobody outside the Deep South acknowledges LSU's 2003 MNC as even remotely legitimate.
They also used to award titles before the bowls were played and had an acknowledged bias for teams east of the Mississippi.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

With all this talk of claiming National Titles I must say it surprises me that Sam hasn't posted anything about it yet.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Of course it's impossible to be completely unbiased, but one of the founding tenets of journalism is objectivity. I trust writers to attempt to be unbiased way more than coaches. Not to mention the oft cited argument that writers actually have the ability to watch multiple games each Saturday, whereas coaches only watch one and sometimes don't even cast their own votes.

The AP recognized what a sham the BCS was early on, which is why they backed out a year after the USC debacle.
"Keys, woman!"
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote: The AP recognized what a sham the BCS was early on, which is why they backed out a year after the USC debacle.
They are a big part of the debacle. They still hand out titles to teams that cheated and used inelligible players. They backed out because they said they didn't want any part of deciding who was playing for a national title, yet they still hand out a trophy for a national title. Great reasoning. :meds: