College

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

College

Post by Dan Vogel »

My daughter is in her last year of HS and is now in the final stage of plans for next year. I will make a long story short. She applied to a few colleges and has now set her heart on an out of state school where she plans to study fashion design. It will cost a lot and she said she will get student loans to help. But I know the drill. I will end up with the high percentige of cost. And it's cost is twice what it would be if she just stayed in the state and chose a school here. But for a few reasons she wants to go away and go to this school which is supposedly a good one for her major. We've already had conflict in the house about this and her mother is taking her side. When I've brought up alternative ideas she has said I am ruining her dream and the she will only go to college once in her life. That kind of thing.

My own personal idea is that she should not only stay in state but should go to a community college for her first 3 or 4 semensters. By my own calculation this would be around 1/4 the cost of going out of state to this expensive school. It's dumb. And I want her to study nursing anyway. I think the future job opportunities will be a lot better. The nursing field will always be in demand. She and her mom have their head in the clouds and are not based in reality. But maybe there are other ideas too other than college. Not everyone even needs to go to college. And to be honest she isn't a great student to begin with. She's sort of average. But she's excited because this supposedly great school pursued her and accepted her.

We already have been struggling since Bush ruined the economy in 2007. Since then it's been a monthly struggle just to say in our home. And now I'm going to be saddled with a lot more debt. We're already in debt and it's in my own personal name. I've lost sleep over this and I can't make any headway in talking to the women. We seem to have a different life. Frustrating. So my help I want from you is just to offer any practical suggestions that I might be able to talk to them about and take up with them. Now the clock is ticking and she plans to make her final decision very soon. I don't have time to wast any longer.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: College

Post by smackaholic »

she doesn't want to be a nurse, asshole. stop pissing on her dreams. the fashion design degree will give her a good shot at getting that asst manager position at forever 21 after she graduates. sounds like you are already a financial mess, so another 100K in loans will make that impending bankruptcy worth it. just don't do fed loans. the feds are about as sympathetic to deadbeat bankrupter as the local mob loan shark.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

Happy Halloween to you too jerk.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Dan,

There's some great websites that your daughter should look into. They will actually pay her for modeling, probably enough for tuition and books.

There's one called xhamster (how cute!). Check it for yourself.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

You can barely stay in your home, yet your wife wants to take on more debt?

Either you are hiding the full picture from her or she is not very smart.

But I think you are trolling here, since you brought politics into the discussion. Since 2007 the current idiot in charge has doubled down on Bush policies and done far more damage himself. But you know that.

You want a real suggestion? Give your daughter a total dollar figure you are willing to finance. Then show her how much further that would go if she went the Juco route to start. Then show her what she will have to fund herself for both options.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

I would listen to Carson. He'll put your daughter on the right track.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Hi Dan,

Why don't you have your daughter give me a call. I have helped many young ladies establish their own businesses as...independent contractors. Even after my agency fees are deducted, I will ensure that she has a steady and reliable revenue stream. Plus the hours will enable her to attend classes during the day.

It's a win-win.

Your pal,

mvscal
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

mvscal wrote:Hi Dan,

Why don't you have your daughter give me a call. I have helped many young ladies establish their own businesses as...independent contractors. Even after my agency fees are deducted, I will ensure that she has a steady and reliable revenue stream. Plus the hours will enable her to attend classes during the day.

It's a win-win.

Your pal,

mvscal
is revenue the french word for jizz?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dan Vogel wrote:My daughter is in her last year of HS and is now in the final stage of plans for next year. I will make a long story short. She applied to a few colleges and has now set her heart on an out of state school where she plans to study fashion design. It will cost a lot and she said she will get student loans to help. But I know the drill. I will end up with the high percentige of cost. And it's cost is twice what it would be if she just stayed in the state and chose a school here. But for a few reasons she wants to go away and go to this school which is supposedly a good one for her major. We've already had conflict in the house about this and her mother is taking her side. When I've brought up alternative ideas she has said I am ruining her dream and the she will only go to college once in her life. That kind of thing.

My own personal idea is that she should not only stay in state but should go to a community college for her first 3 or 4 semensters. By my own calculation this would be around 1/4 the cost of going out of state to this expensive school. It's dumb. And I want her to study nursing anyway. I think the future job opportunities will be a lot better. The nursing field will always be in demand. She and her mom have their head in the clouds and are not based in reality. But maybe there are other ideas too other than college. Not everyone even needs to go to college. And to be honest she isn't a great student to begin with. She's sort of average. But she's excited because this supposedly great school pursued her and accepted her.

We already have been struggling since Bush ruined the economy in 2007. Since then it's been a monthly struggle just to say in our home. And now I'm going to be saddled with a lot more debt. We're already in debt and it's in my own personal name. I've lost sleep over this and I can't make any headway in talking to the women. We seem to have a different life. Frustrating. So my help I want from you is just to offer any practical suggestions that I might be able to talk to them about and take up with them. Now the clock is ticking and she plans to make her final decision very soon. I don't have time to wast any longer.

I was a military brat, middle class. I got accepted to a lot of really great name schools. I had my heart set on on going to Duke or Princeton.

My father and grandmother sat me down, like an adult, and explained what it was going to mean not to only their lives but my own down the road (student loans especially).

Long story short, I did my undergraduate years at Oklahoma and have never regretted it for a moment. I also wasn't saddled with nearly as much debt.

I can't imagine what sort of financial situation I'd be in if had gone to Duke.

Middle class in America today . . .
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Fashion design? Tell princess no.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dan Vogel wrote:And to be honest she isn't a great student to begin with. She's sort of average.
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree much?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Hi Dan,

It's a win-win.

Your pal,

mvscal

Who know mvscal was the guy behind casting couch?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I can't imagine what sort of financial situation I'd be in if had gone to Duke.
But just imagine the Friday nights.

:friday:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
molly
Elwood

Post by molly »

She doesn't want to be a nurse or anything you tell her to be.

Give her a dollar figure and that's the end of the conversation.

The first two years of college are nonessential so yeah JC is the way to go but it's her life and her future. Let her bad decisions start now. If you're not willing to support her financially because you disagree, so be it. She can student loan it. Maybe you can be nice and pay her insurance and living expenses. Find the compromise and don't alienate her or ruin your relationship because she actually has dreams and yours are dead.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Left Seater wrote:But I think you are trolling
You must have a high IQ.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

molly wrote:She doesn't want to be a nurse or anything you tell her to be.

The first two years of college are nonessential so yeah JC is the way to go but it's her life and her future. Let her bad decisions start now. If you're not willing to support her financially because you disagree, so be it. She can student loan it. Maybe you can be nice and pay her insurance and living expenses. Find the compromise and don't alienate her or ruin your relationship because she actually has dreams and yours are dead.
My dream is to raise my family up right without having crushing debt to worry about every day of my life. The women are oblivious to it. Fashion design is not a dream it is foolish. I don't care if she doesn't want to be a nurse. I don't like my job but I punch the clock every day to put a roof over my familys head and feed them warm meals. She is good with people and could learn to appreciate being a nurse. Sometimes I am so fed up that I want to throw both of these women out of the house to live in the garage. But thanks for your input. Yes I can talk to her about how much I can finance and what her responsiblility will be.

Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Would your daughter ever consider wrapping her leg around a pole for a living?

Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Wags, run this pic by your daughter...

I'm sure she'll agree, firefighting is an honourable profession for women these days.
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

BSmack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I can't imagine what sort of financial situation I'd be in if had gone to Duke.
But just imagine the Friday nights.

:friday:
Please don't remind me . . . My baby sister (the youngest) is a junior there now.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dan Vogel wrote:
molly wrote:She doesn't want to be a nurse or anything you tell her to be.

My dream is to raise my family up right without having crushing debt to worry about every day of my life. The women are oblivious to it. Fashion design is not a dream it is foolish. I don't care if she doesn't want to be a nurse. I don't like my job but I punch the clock every day to put a roof over my familys head and feed them warm meals. She is good with people and could learn to appreciate being a nurse. Sometimes I am so fed up that I want to throw both of these women out of the house to live in the garage. But thanks for your input. Yes I can talk to her about how much I can finance and what her responsiblility will be.

I agree with your financial bitching but trying to force her into becoming a nurse is pretty much a dick move.

There's a difference between being financially responsible and a controlling despot.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I agree with your financial bitching but trying to force her into becoming a nurse is pretty much a dick move.

There's a difference between being financially responsible and a controlling despot.
My grandmother used to tell me stories about how her father made her go to nursing school. She quit after on semester and never forgave him for taking away her dream of being a math teacher.

Not a good path Vogel.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Dan Vogel wrote:I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Here you go Dan, this seems like your style.

mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a nurse..... I supported a whole family at one time that way. I have always been able to get a job the times I tried, even from across the country. There are also a lot of opportunities. I am proud to say that my daughter is a nursing student and my son is inthemedical field as well
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Sudden Sam wrote:
mamamustanger wrote: I am proud to say that my daughter is a nursing student
I apologize for posting that pic of your daughter without asking your permission.

I guess it's ok if you posted it if she's giving them out. I have one sitting on my mantle. I am so proud!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Sudden Sam wrote: I apologize for posting that pic of your daughter without asking your permission.
:lol:

Are you not a complete fuck-up in any area of your life? When would you ever think it is appropriate to post mama's daughters photo here?

I almost feel sympathy for your sad, pathetic life.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dan's daughter is going to end up pregnant and home from nursing school by mid way through her sophomore year. That's what happens to little girl's with daddy issues from an overbearing father.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

mamamustanger wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with being a nurse..... I supported a whole family at one time that way. I have always been able to get a job the times I tried, even from across the country. There are also a lot of opportunities. I am proud to say that my daughter is a nursing student and my son is inthemedical field as well
Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. I wish you would talk to my daughter. Nursing is a rewarding career and there will always be job opportunities available. Fashion design is flighty and juvinile. It's not a grown up idea. And paying four times the ammount for her first two years is dumb. Just dumb.

Suncoast sooner if you're looking for a fight. Message me. We can discuss that. You don't speak with basic respect. Smart aleck.

Have a good weekend!
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Dan Vogel wrote:
mamamustanger wrote:Absolutely nothing wrong with being a nurse..... I supported a whole family at one time that way. I have always been able to get a job the times I tried, even from across the country. There are also a lot of opportunities. I am proud to say that my daughter is a nursing student and my son is inthemedical field as well

Suncoast sooner if you're looking for a fight. Message me. We can discuss that. You don't speak with basic respect. Smart aleck.

Have a good weekend!

If she wanted to talk, I would be glad
to. Anytime
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dan Vogel wrote:
Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. I wish you would talk to my daughter. Nursing is a rewarding career and there will always be job opportunities available. Fashion design is flighty and juvinile. It's not a grown up idea. And paying four times the ammount for her first two years is dumb. Just dumb.

Have a good weekend!
Basic respect . . . You don't even respect your daughter enough to let her pursue a career path she might feel rewarding. Beyond that, you're trying to force her into one she has no design or desire to pursue.

If your intent is to make those around you as miserable as you espouse to be then you're going about it the right way.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Not to mention you say she isn't a very good student and not very dedicated but you still want to force her to be a nurse and put other people's lives in her hands possibly? That seems real fucking responsible and intelligent.

I'd rather her fuck up my blinds than my dosage of radiation or morphine.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What in the fuck is wrong with you people? Is this real life?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:You can't really be this stupid...can you?
Honestly, even I'm not sure anymore.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

C'mon guys...he was trolling. Jeeeez.
:meds:
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

screwey, please tell me you were trolling, bro

Why don’t you just STFU.
mamamustanger
Elwood

Post by mamamustanger »

Sudden Sam wrote:ImageImage

The resemblance is uncanny.

Secrets out!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Papa Willie wrote:Thus far, Mgo & myself have made the only proper responses to this shit troll's thread. The rest of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

And Screwy - what in the Phil Lesh FUCK is up with you yanking at Sam's left nut so much here lately? God DAMN, son. Give it a god DAMNED rest!
Most of us come here to be ashamed of ourselves.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:C'mon guys...he was trolling. Jeeeez.
:meds:
I've been out of the game for a while in here, I have no clue who the fuck the trolls are. I'm just trying to polish up on my smack some. Eventually the novelty of my return will wear off . . .
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

SunCoastSooner wrote: I have no clue who the fuck the trolls are.
we know
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

R-Jack wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: I have no clue who the fuck the trolls are.
we know
Nice pull. :lol:

How in the world did that happen to one of the board's self-proclaimed geniuses?
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
R-Jack wrote: How in the world did that happen to one of the board's self-proclaimed geniuses?
The ability to retain and apply information and common sense are mutually exclusive skills I guess.

Btw....this is Knute Rockne. Can you hook a brother up?