Music Festivals

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Music Festivals

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Anyone here go or been to many?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Re: Music Festivals

Post by Screw_Michigan »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Anyone here go or been to many?
LOVE THEM!

Sin,

Mgo
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Anyone here go or been to many?
LOVE THEM!

Sin,

Mgo

:popcorn:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Saw a Furthur Fest back in 96. It was OK.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I went to what is now known as the Pitchfork Festival in Chicago in 05. Broken Social Scene, Decemberists, the Go Team, AC Newman and the Wrens for starters (what a fucking lineup). It was great. It wasn't a giant camping type festival but it was conveniently located in Chicago, was relatively affordable, and you were exposed to tons of great bands.

I would still like to do a giant camping festival before I'm "too old" aka Sudden Sam's age. There's Firefly here in Delaware and Lollapalooza in Chicago. Those are ones I'd probably do.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nothing says "camping" like Chicago.

I might be tempted to hit Sasquatch, if someone gave me free tix. There would have to be some sort of perk to get me to go.

I don't think I'm too old, at all, but I don't think I could do drugs for 2-3 days straight anymore.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I went to them when I was younger and started again about three years ago when I met my significant other.

Bama Jam 2013, Buku 2013 & 14 (going again next year, it's become our annual show), Toadlick 2013, Counterpoint 2012, Hangout Fest 2012 & 2013, Rev Fest 2012-2014 (Local Festival), VooDoo Fest 2013.

At a lot of the festivals we are the older couple. We pass out a lot of water to younger people and dance.

Also been to Sachmo SummerFest in New Orleans completely by accident. We have the hook up on a condo right near Lafayette Square in the Quarter and just were getting away for the weekend to be away. Ended up smack dab in the middle of it with living space. It was the one time we wished the view wasn't toward the common area and downtown and into the street.

BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:SCS, you really went to Toadlick? How was it?
Been to it a couple of times. We had a good time getting away but it was a little tame for a weekend we want to get away and act stupid. Mostly families with lawn chairs and the make shift forum is horribly placed. Could hardly hear Chris Young on Saturday night. We've never gone back.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Going thru Dothan a few times, saw the billboards. Love the name. Pics I posted from some of the festivals were scary. Lotsa overweight, pasty country women it seemed. Overweight, pasty country guys, too.
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Saw a 40 y/o pregnant woman swilling Coors

I won't complain about being a fat ass too much. I was 165 and cut before cancer.Within two years of being healthy afterward I was nearly 270 lbs. I was a complete fat ass. I looked like the stay puffed marshmellow man. All the steroids and drinking didn't help the excessive eating.

I had another cancer scare about 18 months ago. My back pain was getting worse and I noticed a bump on my lower back starting to protrude from skin. Turned out to only be a cyst but started a discussion about how I had let myself go . . . Started dieting, being more active, and I already mentioned my drinking escapades being drastically reduced on the board . . . basically today, I'm a healthy 180.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I do hit this one every year, and I'm not even close to the Old Guy.

And Sudden Sam is an idiot for not making a vacation out of it one of these 4th of July's. Right in your wheelhouse, bro.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Texas Jam in 78 and 79 (Cotton Bowl)...also made it to one of Willie Nelsons July 4th picnics (1980-Austin).

US Festival in 82 (Labor Day weekend).
“Hey! You scratched my anchor!”
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Bloor/Ossington Folk Festival 2014

Shot this at the festival at Christie Pits like 3 weeks ago...started to rain...couldn't bother to wade through the hipsters to get closer the the stage and shoot the whole performance.

Went specifically to see Fiver and stuck around for their entire set, though.

Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

The second YouTube video "Lost The Plot" is shot outside a greasy spoon in the Leslieville neighborhood where I grab lunch once in a while.
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I've gotten to know a couple of EDM DJ/Producers the last few years, which is weird because it's more my old lady's thing. Mostly because I already knew a couple of guys locally who have started to come up. Six degrees type stuff.

Even more weird is that through one of those DJs I've six degrees of seperationed myself into knowing a guy who is currently becoming a pretty serious TV star right now on a new network show this year. They're brothers and from the other side of the country originally. Small world.