Property damage

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Property damage

Post by Dan Vogel »

Well I wanted to try to get some feedback on a situation. My back fence and yard got damaged by a neighbor shooting off large fireworks last night. The fence was burned in two places and a pretty big hole was burned through in one place where one of his big fireworks got stuck and flamed it. The grass was also burned away in three or four areas. I thought my roof might have been burned too but I went up there today and didn't see anything. I saw some fireworks of his go on other roofs in the area but I don't know if any of them were damanged. I called the fence company but they are closed until Monday. I am going to have someone come out and estimate me what it will cost to repair. As I look at it I think the whole back fence will have to be replaced. I don't think one segment can be replaced because it will make the whole thing look awkward.

I went over to the offenders house this morning and told him he had to come out and look at what he did. Long story short is that I've had issues with this man for a long time. There have been other incidents. He's a know it all man and he walks around like he's the gift to the world. Smoking cigarrets and always having a can of beer in his hand while he walks around his yard and the neighborhood. He first said he wouldn't come out because he didn't do anything. He said he was careful last night and that it must have been one of the other people in the area who was also doing fireworks. But that is baloney., There were other people in the area doing fireworks yes but they were children with parents supervisijng. I saw them and they just had sparklers and a few firecrackers. And those snake smoke things that just fizzle on the ground. They didn't do anything to my fence. I saw what this man had and it looked like he was ready to fight WW3. He had big fireworks. It looked like the kind of rockets and roman candles you see the big shows using. It was inappropriate and illegal. And he ruined my fence and burned my yard. That won't stand up.

Anyway he finally came out and looked at my yard and fence. But he tried to wave it all off and blame the others. And he said it wasn't that bad anyway and that I was overreacting. His attitude was poor as always. He was even smoking and blowing it around while I was talking to him. Just disrespectful. Acting like he was superior and it was fine that my property was damaged.

I don't know what is going to happen but the first thing I will do is get an estimate. Maybe the grass can grow back but it's not healthy for it to be burned away like that. The fence is messed up though. He will have to pay and maybe pay a lot more than he thinks. I can still call the police too.

If anyone has a constructive idea abut this you can give it.

Have a nice weekend!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Property damage

Post by War Wagon »

I've never heard of a fence getting damaged by fireworks... or much of anything short of old age, weather, or a sledge hammer.

Your fence is a pussy.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

:lol:

Welcome back Dan Vogel! Now pucker up and grab your ankles.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

"Leave a sternly worded note on his windshield."

Sincerely,

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Oh my god and God, Dan. Where to begin with this not-so-closeted field day. To whit:
Dan Vogel wrote: My back yard got damaged by a neighbor shooting off large fireworks last night. A pretty big hole was burned through in one place where one of his big fireworks got stuck and flamed it.
While we are all sure you are used to this by now Dan, as you have been abused by mvscal for so very long, this seems more akin to a "preference" than an issue. Fireworks being a metaphor, for well...you know.

Ah, but to continue.
I saw some fireworks of his go on other guys "roofs" in the area but I don't know if any of them were damaged. I am going to have someone come out.
No need Dan, you already have.
As I look at it I think my whole back fence will have to be replaced. I don't think one segment can be replaced because it will make the whole thing look awkward.
Too late Dan, the damage was done months and months ago. Just ask the wife and kids. Your "back fence" has been awkward for years.
I went over to the offenders house this morning and told him he had to come out and look at what he did. Long story short is that I've had issues with this man for a long time. There have been other incidents. He's a know it all man and he walks around like he's the gift to the world.
He did come out and seemingly, all over you. It was his gift you were asking for.
He said he was careful last night and that it must have been one of the other people in the area who was also spewing fireworks. But that was his baloney.
Okay Dan, he wasn't wrapped, but isn't that usually the case with you?
There were other people in the area doing "fireworks" yes, but they were my children with "parents" superjizing. And those snake smoke things that just fizzle on the ground.
My lord Dan, now it's children and fizzling snakes? This isn't just twisted, this is downright perverse and wrong. Leave your poor abused kids alone for fucks sake!
I saw what this man had and it looked like he was ready and he had big fireworks. It looked like the kind of rockets and roman candles you see the big shows using.
Again, with the metaphors. We get it, you're a fruitcake and a sick, twisted fuck.
If anyone has a constructive idea abutt this, you can give it to me.
No Dan, no we cannot and we won't.

Please, for the love of all that's humane, just go away to Fire Island and be done with it already.
Have a nice week-end!
No Dan. Not like yours. Anything butt that.

Freak.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

I have three old high school buddies Vito, Rocco, and Carmine. They might be of some assistance. And save your photo of three old Italian guys in wheels chairs. They have grandsons that do the light work.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Step 1 - photograph all of the fence damage and yard damage. Then photograph all of the firework remains in dude's yard. If he was shooting off the kind and number you claim his yard will be full of half burned evidence.

Step 2 - post said photos here.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

If you're unable to get restitution, Dan, then at least get revenge. Start small, then build to a crescendo. For instance, if you have his phone #, take out a Craigslist ad saying you have a cherry '65 Mustang that you MUST sell right away, so you're only asking $1K. Explain in the ad that you have an unconventional work schedule, and for serious offerors to call ONLY from 2-4am. Leave his phone # as the one to contact.

Next, go to the post office & put in a change of address for him. Have his mail sent cross-country, or better yet, overseas.

Maybe take a few more of these types of annoying actions, or go straight to the coup de grace - torch his place to the ground. When he accuses you of being a complete dickhead, simply wave it all off and blame others, and tell him it isn't that bad anyway and that he is overreacting.

You're welcome.
"I see everything twice!"
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dan Vogel wrote: Smoking cigarrets and always having a can of beer in his hand while he walks around his yard and the neighborhood.

Move the fuck out of the hood if you don't like it..
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote: Image

Move the fuck out of the hood if you don't like it..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dan, your neighbor's name isn't by chance "Phil Collins"?

hint: don't stare at his gut

:shock:
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Shlomart Ben Yisrael wrote:Dan, your neighbor's name isn't by chance "Phil Collins"?

hint: don't stare at his gut:shock

Thas' right yoo fucks, stare at me gut and ah'll skin ya, ah'll skin ya good and proper. Fuck ya, ya rat bahstards!

And leave your greasy 'ands off me tambourine!
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

War Wagon wrote:I've never heard of a fence getting damaged by fireworks... or much of anything short of old age, weather, or a sledge hammer.

Your fence is a pussy.
Like I said some of these fireworks he had were commercial grade that I'm sure you have to have some kind of permit or license to use. They were strong and a good show. But they were dangerous for a neighborhood. My fence and yard is evidence of it. This guy is a half maniac.
Left Seater wrote:Step 1 - photograph all of the fence damage and yard damage. Then photograph all of the firework remains in dude's yard. If he was shooting off the kind and number you claim his yard will be full of half burned evidence.
I didn't mention that I had to spend about 20 minutes cleaning my yard up on the 5th. There was dibrey everywhere. Sticks and plastic rocket shells. Papers. Plastic tubes. Some disk things. Garbage of his all over my yard. It's fine. Now he's burned my fence down and it's time for him to learn a lesson. This is not my lesson to learn.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dan Vogel wrote: Now he's burned my fence down and it's time for him to learn a lesson. This is not my lesson to learn.
Fuck yeah. Teach that prick a lesson, not to fuck with you. Git r done.

Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Derron wrote:
Dan Vogel wrote: Now he's burned my fence down and it's time for him to learn a lesson. This is not my lesson to learn.
Fuck yeah. Teach that prick a lesson, not to fuck with you. Git r done.

You should listen to him Dan. He's pre-med.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Dan Vogel wrote:If anyone has a constructive idea abut this you can give it.
I don't know about this one, Dan. False accusations of this nature are serious business and could be considered fraudulent and/or defamatory. Did you actually see him ignite the firework which damaged your fence? No?

I would advise you to offer your wife and daughters for his personal gratification and fervently pray that he will forget that you ever mentioned your allegedly damaged fence.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

War Wagon wrote:Your fence is a pussy.
I laughed
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

The fence company came out right away yesterday and I got a written estimate. The neighborhood psycho got a break because they said they can repair the burn areas and the one large hole while still keeping it looking normal. The whole back fence will not need to be replaced. The cost will be $435. I will be making a visit to my neighbors house tonight after work to tell him what he's responsible for. He should feel lucky that it's only going to cost him $435 but I bet he won't see it like that. That's his problem.

I have a miserable life and wish I were dead!
Ace
Elwood

Post by Ace »

Is your wife's pussy worth $435, Dan? Thats really the question you need to be asking yourself right now
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

res ipsa
Dude is in charge of his side of fence which is where the burns originated from
Fences don't burn without negligence or act of god
This is not a lighting strike
Therefore dude is liable

Bada bing!
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Jsc810 wrote:How will you prove your case?

He could call mvscal as a character witness?

velocet
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

I took the $435 fence estimate to my neighbor the other night. He pretty much said "So what?" He claims he did not do the damage and the estimate is way too high anyway. He told me that if I just wanted to fix the fence he knows a good handiman who could do it for half that price. So I have four choices now. 1. I can take him to court. 2. I can allow his handiman to come over and give me his own estimate. But I will have to pay for it all and I don't know if they can do a good job to make it look right. 3. I can have my fence company do the $435 repair and pay for that myself. 4. I can just leave the fence damanged.

I know his fireworks did the damage so I believe I will be taking it to court. The fence company has their own pictures of my fence damage. I have pictures too. I have pictures of his firework dibrey all over my back yard. I have pictures of the burned areas in the yard. And I have one neighbor friend who said he will testify that this man was shooting off very large fireworks that night. He said that he was also aware that some other children were doing small fireworks like the snakes and sparklers and things but they didn't have anything large enough to do that kind of fire damage to the fence. He said he agreed with me that his fireworks were very large and thinks they were dangerous and illegal to have.

So that is how it stands as of right now. I'm going to call him one time on the phone to see if he's changed his mind before I move to take him to court.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Lighten up, Dan.

Termites and exposure to weather are going to destroy your fence in 20 years anyway.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dan Vogel wrote:dibrey
Oh, come on. You're just getting lazy now.
Dan Vogel
FBI Informant

Post by Dan Vogel »

"Winning!". Isn't that what Charlie Sheen made famous? Now it's mine. My neighbor psycho was boxed into a corner and now has agreed to have my fence fixed at his expense. I told him I was going to take him to court and that I had a witness who was going to testify for me that he saw him using many large and illegal fireworks the day my fence was burned. And I told him I have pictures of all of his rocket trash and things all over my yard. Large objects. It turns out that psycho contacted many neighbors and finally found out who was going to testify. And he knew it was real. So he was a beaten man.

I think he was fearful that he might even be prosectuted for having and using those kind of fire items in a residential area. Anyway we negotiated a little bit and he agreed to have the fence fixed on his charge if he could have his handyman friend do the work. His handyman came and looked at the damage and said he could fix it for $250. But my neighbor is paying that. I told him that will be fine but I want a signed agreement that I must be satisfied with the work at the conclusion or else the handyman has to do better and fix it right. So he will be coming over next Saturday afternoon to do the work. I get my fence fixed. Neighbor learns a lesson and has to pay up. Handyman gets some work and a paycheck. Winning. It's all good for me.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

The Vogel Family negotiates with their neighbor.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

:lol:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Thought this thread would be worth bumping since it's 7/4 coming up this weekend. Let this be a lesson to all you fucks who think you're going to interfere with a good time.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Thought this thread would be worth bumping since it's 7/4 coming up this weekend. Let this be a lesson to all you fucks who think you're going to interfere with a good time.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »